Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Im arms, I dont want to CS

i dont like CS, I dont want to use it. I played a warrior back in vanilla, I was arms, I just lvled a warrior and it just feels weird using CS now, is there a way to get around using it and still pull tarded dps?
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    i dont like CS, I dont want to use it. I played a warrior back in vanilla, I was arms, I just lvled a warrior and it just feels weird using CS now, is there a way to get around using it and still pull tarded dps?
    No. /10 char

Why would using CS feel weird? It's just a debuff you keep up.

People never cease to amaze me..

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Why would using CS feel weird? It's just a debuff you keep up.

People never cease to amaze me..
    I'm sure if people ask nicely, Celestalon will do Arms Warriors a solid by replacing the rotation with the abundant usage of a Wild Strike. Oh wait, new name, Furious Strike. Oh wait, wrong specialization fantasy, Battle-hardened Strike or maybe Overpowering Strike (and then remove Overpower again).

If I was giving Arms the Unholy/Outlaw/Shadow/Enhancement treatment it so sorely needs by now, I probably wouldn't have CS as a rotational ability. It's never been something I liked about the spec, just something that you had to game to get to parts I did like (cleaving big executes).

The ability is so much more fun if you treat it like a way to get the most out of your executes on adds instead of as a boring old part of your boring old single target rotation, even if that's not the best way to play the class.

Quote Originally Posted by toolsv View Post
    If I was giving Arms the Unholy/Outlaw/Shadow/Enhancement treatment it so sorely needs by now, I probably wouldn't have CS as a rotational ability. It's never been something I liked about the spec, just something that you had to game to get to parts I did like (cleaving big executes).
    It's funny how many complaints are levied against it, considering that almost every class-spec has it's own form of temporary damage de/buff. While the name and usage varies somewhat, it's not exactly a mechanic unique to Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's funny how many complaints are levied against it, considering that almost every class-spec has it's own form of temporary damage de/buff. While the name and usage varies somewhat, it's not exactly a mechanic unique to Arms.
    While there are a lot of specs that have this sort of thing, there's a spectrum of how much of your damage occurs during these windows vs how much is outside them. I think it's fair to say that Arms is on one extreme and sometimes that's a little too far. WoD Arms single target before you had set bonuses and trinkets you did almost all of your damage in CS windows, for example. It's looking more centered in Legion and I think that's a good thing, even if it means my occasional huge executes would need to be more reasonable.

Always disliked CS, consistently and throughout all its iterations, ever since it was first added to the game. Too bad it's not going anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, there absolutely isn't. You can go and try fury, or maybe take a look at the UH DK if you hate the CS window playstyle so much. I can totally understand this, haven't been arms since the start of MoP because of this. Both fury and UH DK are specs that are way less defined by one single ability.

Deleted
    If we didn't have CS this spec would be even more of a snooze fest than it already is, not meant to be offensive but if you don't like CS then I assume you don't like putting any thought into what you're doing and if that's the case then I suggest you play Arcane Mage or MM Hunter on a Cata PS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    If we didn't have CS this spec would be even more of a snooze fest than it already is, not meant to be offensive but if you don't like CS then I assume you don't like putting any thought into what you're doing and if that's the case then I suggest you play Arcane Mage or MM Hunter on a Cata PS.
    You're right , but it's like they took an extremely boring spec, then added one more ability that players need to pay extra attention to, but most people hate having to use. They should've redesigned the spec completely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    You're right , but it's like they took an extremely boring spec, then added one more ability that players need to pay extra attention to, but most people hate having to use. They should've redesigned the spec completely.
    Thing is most of the solutions forum go-ers come up with don't work at some point down the line, even if Arms is dog-shit to play at least it actually "functions". CS has been around since Cata and has changed many times, it's probably better in it's current form as it doesn't lower the targets armour (iirc) but rather buffs the damage we do to the target. It's essentially Haunt for Warriors.

I'll admit, with how mastery scaling will be it's going to be over the top and likely to be nerfed but if we lost it there would be so little depth to the spec. They'd have to buff all our abilities to compensate (a lot, I'd assume) and we'd have literally nothing to track short of rotation CDs and... I dunno maybe Dragon Roar should it not suck.

While there are a lot of specs that have this sort of thing, there's a spectrum of how much of your damage occurs during these windows vs how much is outside them. I think it's fair to say that Arms is on one extreme and sometimes that's a little too far. WoD Arms single target before you had set bonuses and trinkets you did almost all of your damage in CS windows, for example. It's looking more centered in Legion and I think that's a good thing, even if it means my occasional huge executes would need to be more reasonable.
    Eh, Legion tuning aside, there's a large misconception as to exactly how powerful CS is. CS had the same complaints during MoP, and yet Fury actually got more damage out of Enrage than CS. A lot of people misconceive exactly what ignoring armor translates to in terms of DPS. Regardless, the ability to reset the cooldown on the debuff allows for high enough uptime that it isn't exactly a single-digit use ability, as mainline cooldowns are.

As for WoD, the real reason for Arms emphasis on CS came down to the way it's abilities were designed, particularly Execute, not solely due to CS in of itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the spec was pretty fast-paced and engaging when CS was added, it was made boring after the fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Are you saying that WW monks don't do their most dps during TeB? Because they tickle like fairies outside of it.

Or affli locks outside of haunt? You think they actually deal damage?

Your entire argument is a strawman, designed to make CS look like this unique, shit ability even though it's probably more common than taunts and functions exactly the same as literally every other classes short term DPS cooldown. lmao.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Thing is most of the solutions forum go-ers come up with don't work at some point down the line, even if Arms is dog-shit to play at least it actually "functions". CS has been around since Cata and has changed many times, it's probably better in it's current form as it doesn't lower the targets armour (iirc) but rather buffs the damage we do to the target. It's essentially Haunt for Warriors.

I'll admit, with how mastery scaling will be it's going to be over the top and likely to be nerfed but if we lost it there would be so little depth to the spec. They'd have to buff all our abilities to compensate (a lot, I'd assume) and we'd have literally nothing to track short of rotation CDs and... I dunno maybe Dragon Roar should it not suck.
    You're right, again. That's why I would've preferred a redesign of arms. I'm thinking keep fury as a damage bot, it fits the class fantasy as a screaming, drooling berserker tunnel visioning everything into the ground. Arms is supposed to be this well-trained soldier, relying more on technique rather than instinct and brute strength. So arms could be a bit more supporty, and less proc-based. I'd keep CS as what Shattering Throw did before, benefiting the whole raid. Give rallying cry to arms as well. Maybe have them manage their abilities so they're used in a certain sequence, possibly having stances work like the sun- and moon phase on boomkins.
    I'm not a class designer, but there's so much they could've done with it instead.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    If it makes you feel better, in Legion there is a talent you can take that results in 100% CS uptime (obviously lowers effectiveness so DPS is about the same), this means you don't have to mess about managing it as much and can use it like a normal attack

Ya I've never been a fan of CS either. I've been playing since vanilla so I have always thought Arms should of revolved around Mortal Strike not CS. I wish blizzard would give us a talent option where we could not have to use CS and follow more of a BC model.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Are you saying that WW monks don't do their most dps during TeB? Because they tickle like fairies outside of it.

Or affli locks outside of haunt? You think they actually deal damage?

Your entire argument is a strawman, designed to make CS look like this unique, shit ability even though it's probably more common than taunts and functions exactly the same as literally every other classes short term DPS cooldown. lmao.
    The thing is they still press buttons outside of their cooldowns. Tiger Eye Brew directly comes from the abilities you use and Haunt doesn't do very much without having dots rolling already. They're much more interactive than just a cooldown that bunches your ability use together. It's a moot point though because TeB and Haunt are gone in Legion and we get a way to interact with the CS window, even if it's mostly just fishing for resets. Maybe I should have been more clear that I was talking about the abilities you use instead of the final result of the damage output.

@Archimtiros, yeah it's the emphasis on it rather than the power of it that I have problems with. An amplification window doesn't have to be amazing to encourage you to do everything inside it if your rotation isn't really overflowing with things to do anyway.

Deleted
    You're right, again. That's why I would've preferred a redesign of arms. I'm thinking keep fury as a damage bot, it fits the class fantasy as a screaming, drooling berserker tunnel visioning everything into the ground. Arms is supposed to be this well-trained soldier, relying more on technique rather than instinct and brute strength. So arms could be a bit more supporty, and less proc-based. I'd keep CS as what Shattering Throw did before, benefiting the whole raid. Give rallying cry to arms as well. Maybe have them manage their abilities so they're used in a certain sequence, possibly having stances work like the sun- and moon phase on boomkins.
    I'm not a class designer, but there's so much they could've done with it instead.
    I agree with you for the most part, I've considered Arms being a somewhat supportive role but Blizzards idea of support tends to be "completely unable to play without boosting 3 other peoples damage". Diablo springs to mind

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So arms could be a bit more supporty, and less proc-based.
    It was like that back in TBC, we had a passive mini-CS that worked for everyone in the raid.