Poll: Which would you prefer

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You're really taking this personal, huh? I'm pretty disappointed after that big boy threat.

Sure is nice to have such an obvious tell for when someone has nothing else to say. I'm sorry I offended you, I'd offer you a hug but I'm afraid you'd shoot me.
    Aww, isn't it painful? You know you're making a clown of yourself, but you feel you can't lose face now. Haha. Trying to one-up me, even to the point of clumsily emulating my style and all that - yeah I know you're impressed - while we both know you've been spitting and punching at your screen the last 3 hours. Facing all the "complexity" of choosing between weapon skins and losing a low-level shitposting contest, it was a damn rough trip for you.

Proved wrong and schooled on the topic, fooled into acting like a yokel - you should call it a day.

There's a simple reason why they use two-handers: Class fantasy. Simply put Survival is a much like a hunter who sets traps and hunts animals. Now what kind of hunter goes after animals while dual wielding? None. You use a god damned spear. It's not just a Tauren/Troll thing, even orcs like the hunter-based clan of Thunderlord's do it. Rexxar is an anomaly nothing more.

There's a great transmog weapon for all orc survival hunters to use too.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=11393...rlords&bonus=0

Quote Originally Posted by cleavestorm View Post
    why survival didn't get to dual wield pets. Like a cat in left and a boar in right hand ?
    best.. Legendary..ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Aww, isn't it painful? You know you're making a clown of yourself, but you feel you can't lose face now. Haha. Trying to one-up me, even to the point of clumsily emulating my style and all that - yeah I know you're impressed - while we both know you've been spitting and punching at your screen the last 3 hours. Facing all the "complexity" of choosing between weapon skins and losing a low-level shitposting contest, it was a damn rough trip for you.

Proved wrong and schooled on the topic, fooled into acting like a yokel - you should call it a day.
    It's been fun, but come on - this is getting sad.

It's been fun, but come on - this is getting sad.
    That might tip the balance - but not in your favor. Telling you right now.

Because I see what you've been doing. You've been trying to impress me, to demonstrate spirit, hoping that I might take you under my wing. But this right now - naah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    That might tip the balance - but not in your favor. Telling you right now.

Because I see what you've been doing. You've been trying to impress me, to demonstrate spirit, hoping that I might take you under my wing. But this right now - naah.
    To be honest, I've been excitedly watching the notification counter for more comedy. You don't really think you're working me up, do you? It's more like you're trying to be funny. At least I hope so.

If it's the former then it's actually sad for real and I feel bad for doing this.

You don't really think you're working me up, do you?
    You wouldn't even be here if it wasn't that way. The fact that you're so desperate trying to prove the opposite tells it all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    There's a simple reason why they use two-handers: Class fantasy. Simply put Survival is a much like a hunter who sets traps and hunts animals. Now what kind of hunter goes after animals while dual wielding? None. You use a god damned spear. It's not just a Tauren/Troll thing, even orcs like the hunter-based clan of Thunderlord's do it. Rexxar is an anomaly nothing more.

There's a great transmog weapon for all orc survival hunters to use too.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=11393...rlords&bonus=0
    I personally prefer the http://legion.wowhead.com/item=70165...ters-harvester, best scythe in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    There was no other place for pole arms. Survival hunters alone saved them. That's how they kept the job for the pole arm designer. But no worries - after legion it will change to sw & 2h imho.

My god people complain about anything and everything. They made a melee class hunter again... yeah. Oh but the artifact is a 2h and I hate that, because I want, I want, I want 2 1h. Maybe they'll make it a option later in xpac or in the next. Why can't people be thankful that they brought back a melee spec for hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    My god people complain about anything and everything. They made a melee class hunter again... yeah. Oh but the artifact is a 2h and I hate that, because I want, I want, I want 2 1h. Maybe they'll make it a option later in xpac or in the next. Why can't people be thankful that they brought back a melee spec for hunters.
    You assume hunters wanted a melee spec, and hunters never had a melee spec so i'm not sure why you say "brought back". I wouldn't consider raptor strike and wing clip a melee spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    All specs had that sort of choice taken away. Fury can no longer use two 1H weapons-- SMF is gone, and the artifact is 2 2-handers. Frost DK can no longer wield a 2-hander-- MotFW is gone, and the artifact is 2 1-handers. Monk abilities no longer scale by weaponDPS, which was a really cool way to allow them to use either 1H or 2H with little performance disparity.

That choice is gone from everybody, and when artifacts are no longer useful in 8.0, do you think Fury will get SMF back? Not a chance-- that choice is gone forever.
    allmost like assasination has had only daggers forever?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    You assume hunters wanted a melee spec, and hunters never had a melee spec so i'm not sure why you say "brought back". I wouldn't consider raptor strike and wing clip a melee spec.
    yes they did have a melee spec :P it was called running out of arrows, running in and doing melee

Because every other agility DPS spec dual wields.

Dual wielding is flashy, but impractical and hunters are more about practicality than flashiness. A spear is much better for hunting than 2 piddly little swords as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it should have been dual wield. rexxar is the most well known melee hunter, so he should have been the template imo.

and it should have been beastmaster that went melee.
    I would rather Hunter gets a 2nd melee spec (4th spec) that is essentially Dual Wield Beastmastery.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I can't? I clearly remember being excited. Must have been a dream then.

But seriously, the reason why I was excited was because I miss my axes and wanted to return to using them. I'd rather have them back like before, as stat sticks and using a bow, but this was good too. Until I found out they use polearms. I am not interested in using polearms. Luckily they have two other specs that I can play, so no harm done, but it's been a huge disappointment for me.
    I'm struggling to get my head around the fact you said you're excited but you won't play it because of one small visual thing. Personally the visuals have nothing to do with mechanics and game play for me. If the game play isn't engaging then I won't play it. The type of weapon we use isn't even a factor.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I'm struggling to get my head around the fact you said you're excited but you won't play it because of one small visual thing. Personally the visuals have nothing to do with mechanics and game play for me. If the game play isn't engaging then I won't play it. The type of weapon we use isn't even a factor.
    Well, it is for me. It's my little bit of nostalgia, I guess It's not a big deal, I've played Beastmaster since classic, so I'll just play that in Legion too. I also have a level 100 alt of every class, so I won't be bored because of not liking one spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Well, it is for me. It's my little bit of nostalgia, I guess It's not a big deal, I've played Beastmaster since classic, so I'll just play that in Legion too. I also have a level 100 alt of every class, so I won't be bored because of not liking one spec.
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at human history, spears and bows have been the primary hunting weapons everywhere. So from that perspective, it makes a lot of sense.

Sadly I'm not a fan of most of the Survival artifact models .

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I personally prefer the http://legion.wowhead.com/item=70165...ters-harvester, best scythe in the game.
    Well, keep in mind that all 2h can be transmogged into each other. Since Hunters can use all of them except for maces, you have a pretty large selection available.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    I would rather Hunter gets a 2nd melee spec (4th spec) that is essentially Dual Wield Beastmastery.
    No need for a separate spec. They could just change survival melee abilities to scale off weapon DPS, like monk abilities used to. Then it wouldn't matter what type of weapon you use.