Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    I have zero idea what blizzard was thinking when they implemented this champion. Yes I know he has his counters the few that exist, but trying to kill a bastion with a bunch of random people is a fucking nightmare. Trying to get everyone to group up and not run in single file only to be mowed down by his left click to win auto attack >.> And god forbid the defense team actually protects the bastion as well...have fun with that lol
    They just need to give him 180 degree vision and he's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post

the answer right here. on a loop just like this thread.
    Tracer, junkrat + pharah(hit from corner), mei (wall), Lucio (turn on move speed + E + run chaotically on walls).
    Bastion is good starting hero, but after gaining some experience you will rarely pick him. His super damage is compensated with zero mobility, low damage in robot form and zero active skills - you just shoot (that's why bastion is super good for new players).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how running around in Bastion's FOV counts as a "counter". Even if you "run chaotically", he'd tear you apart in a second. Yeah, you might surprise him at first, but you better hope someone else picks him off instantly.

Either way, I've encountered surprisingly low amount of Bastion's so far. And Mei's, thank God. Although, Hanzo and his "I've headshotted you in a toe" has taken it's place for me.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-05-25 at 11:32 AM.

Under speed aura + E Lucio is very fast and it is very hard to hit him. We aren't talking about professional league, right? I bet people who complain about bastion won't be able to kill lucio or genji or tracer as bastion.

To overpowered don't understand how people even enjoy using him

bastion is the perfect hero to grind down a bunch of noobs that just think they can walk in a straight line into bastions fire and win

Just pick Pharah and kill him with a couple of rockets, or Junkrat and try to reach him with your bouncy balls.

That is what I love about this game, everything got a counter. Sure some stuff is annoying as hell, but we're all in the learning process now.

I actually find Solder 76 as anti-fun..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Bastion can be a pita, but at least he must be alive to get POTG, other then a certain hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqksc8F-kEo

It will get better, if i play him i nearly get insta-killed its only ever when the others play he seems spectacular. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    As a person with probably 10 hours on bastion already he isn't the issue. I would honestly say the fact that Trojonberg or w/e his name is is a much bigger issue. Played a team last night that had 3 of them and 2 bastions and a tank -_-. It wasn't fun

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    I have zero idea what blizzard was thinking when they implemented this champion. Yes I know he has his counters the few that exist, but trying to kill a bastion with a bunch of random people is a fucking nightmare. Trying to get everyone to group up and not run in single file only to be mowed down by his left click to win auto attack >.> And god forbid the defense team actually protects the bastion as well...have fun with that lol
    Bastion is awesome! Why did you decide to come and post your anti-bastion thoughts? Blizzard doesn't care what you personally think, so....

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is this thread still going? Damn.

I was doing Gibraltar today and went in as pharah until big monkey guarded by a Rhardt until jump time started tearing our defenses down so I thought well that was 2 unhindered check points so I should switch to something that can deal with those two easily. Typically I don't play Bastion but that is what the doctor ordered. I didn't camp, I would kill a guy or two at one time and then move, kill and move. I know they were calling out my position because when ranged came into the pinch point they were firing at where I was which made it easy to kill them again from a new spot. I killed half of them with regular rifles. They also don't seem to understand that I can shoot their feet under the payload.
    Long story short, I had a hell of a time not only stopping an unchecked advance but our Rhardt and I rode the payload almost all the way back to the last control point that they captured. Hella fun. I can't say the opponent had fun but I sure did.

Yesterday I faced a full Junkrat team. I went Bastion and set up on top of the lift platform on the first objective in Hollywood.

I sure ruined THEIR fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I think people are still kind of missing the point. Even stupid annoying heroes in MOBAs can be countered. The point is more that Bastion's presence pretty much changes the flow of the game on its own and opens up its own weird mini game of shutting him down.

It makes him a really good pubstomper but won't do much for high rank play when added. But it doesn't change that his kit is flawed and offers the player too much individual control over the game in unorganized settings. He's not really fun to play with or against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I think people are still kind of missing the point. Even stupid annoying heroes in MOBAs can be countered. The point is more that Bastion's presence pretty much changes the flow of the game on its own and opens up its own weird mini game of shutting him down.

It makes him a really good pubstomper but won't do much for high rank play when added. But it doesn't change that his kit is flawed and offers the player too much individual control over the game in unorganized settings. He's not really fun to play with or against.
    And most of us are saying this isn't accurate. I make a lot more changes in hero to adapt to the enemy team rocking a Mei or a Tracer than I do for Bastion.

Defending a point? 3 Bastions, 2 Reinhardts, 1 mercy
    Get 2 Reinhardts for the shields
    Put Bastions behind shields
    Genji tries to reflect? Shields protect Bastions
    Snipers? Mercy will heal.
    GG

Honestly, the biggest thing is that Bastion usually takes TEAMWORK to take him down, and that's why he's strong versus random disorganised strangers who aren't communicating. Unlike many other heroes you can more easily deal with solo.

Which can be frustrating, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post

Why wouldn't he be used on some maps in high ranked games? He is exellent at taking down a tanky front line.

I don't get all the bitching about Bastion, he really isn't that hard to stop. Just learn the map and get behind him, he dies in no time.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Defending a point? 3 Bastions, 2 Reinhardts, 1 mercy
    Get 2 Reinhardts for the shields
    Put Bastions behind shields
    Genji tries to reflect? Shields protect Bastions
    Snipers? Mercy will heal.
    GG
    Then you get D'va ult on top of your heads and easy loss, gg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Then you get D'va ult on top of your heads and easy loss, gg.
    Or Hanzo ulted, or even Shatter Shot (or what ever it is called) from behind. Everything got a counter :P