Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They make movies based on revenue, not reviews. Tons of movies with bad reviews have been hugely successful.

Also the guy who wrote the review for The Wrap also gave Dragon Ball Evolution a 4/5 review and hated Interstellar. I wouldn't give his opinion much weight.
    Don't count your eggs before they hatch.

Duncan Jones isn't Michael Bay.

DJ is a "critics darling" who did a few critically well received indie movies - none which are anything to talk about commercially.

MB is critically a joke but he is still working because he brings in the crowds (along with them, their money) with his brain dead movies.

The fact that the critical acclaim that DJ is supposed to be bring to the movie isn't happening ...
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-05-25 at 10:16 AM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Glad they're finally trying to fix leveling, even though all I actually want is class quests back...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    But DJ isn't Michael Bay. The fact that Warcraft is being panned critically ...
    Based on ticket presales it's going to be an international hit. Domestic numbers might not be amazing, but it should do well enough in China alone to get a sequel greenlit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maridia View Post
    Just mailed them from a horde character to my alliance character on another server, works fine. Using them for transmog is another thing though, havn't tested that.
    Welp, now I know.

I liked fast brainless leveling. With the new (and future) changes I will quit leveling my alts for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuraEU View Post
    However - if you are unsubbed like me, you are fucked, you can't get the transmog from the mail and have to sub within a month to get the stuff out of the mail before the mails get deleted.... ffs!
    To coerce you into yet another month of sub when there is no content at all is kinda the point of a promotion like that.

Luckily I am a Draenei priestess, so I can't wear the items anyway. No need to reactivate my account. :P

Edit: Just saw that you can get the stuff thanks to the upcoming T-Mog changes even when you have an inactive account, so I logged onto my Lv1 Demonhunter namesave and popped the achievement.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-05-25 at 10:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatakau View Post
    Open a ticket and ask for a few hours access so you can get gold out of guild bank and buy a wow token off the AH, it's what I do.
    I am not actually in a Guild where I could access that kind of money, so that won't fly :<

Quote Originally Posted by VitesseEOD View Post
    Wait, what ... you're sore because you cant participate in an event that's taking place in a pay to play game, whilst you're not paying for it? You started playing in WoTLK, didn't you? :P
    "Hurr durr, I pay for a shit content drought and am so much better than people who save their money for Legion rather than waste it right now." + "Insert overused dumb "x expansion players are the worst"-comment here"

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Not true. As long as you have the achievement, you'll get it in the Transmog wardrobe come the patch. You just miss out on the box.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744634342#6
    I was not aware of that post at the time of me writing my post - and while it doesn't excuse my not knowning, why do I as a EU player always have to get such info from the US forums *sigh*

Plus, I don't trust Blizzard at all - they could very well still go back on that and sayy "Welp, the people who didn't actually get the items out of the mail will not have the items added to their account, because reason x."

Quote Originally Posted by zer View Post
    Is this trolling? You do not have a active account and you moan that active players are getting an gift for beeing actively paying/playing? What's wrong with you?
    "Hurr durr, I pay for a shit content drought and am so much better than people who save their money for Legion rather than waste it right now."

I am being active as well, just on a founders account - if they wanted to restrict the event to only "LULZ, WE ARE PAYING AND BETTER THAN FOUNDER ACCOUNT USERS"-players, they would have added a level restriction to the achievement alá "First Character to log in that is at least level 100".
    Last edited by ShuraEU; 2016-05-25 at 10:55 AM.

"Hurr durr, I pay for a shit content drought and am so much better than people who save their money for Legion rather than waste it right now."

I am being active as well, just on a founders account - if they wanted to restrict the event to only "LULZ, WE ARE PAYING AND BETTER THAN FOUNDER ACCOUNT USERS"-players, they would have added a level restriction to the achievement alá "First Character to log in that is at least level 100".
    And now you're moaning about the content drought while being 'active', whatever you mean by that, on an account that by definition cannot progress in almost any sense at all.

Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kexmannen View Post
    Glad they're finally trying to fix leveling, even though all I actually want is class quests back...
    Aren't there these at max level? Did they take out the three as you level quests?

Yeah I don't think these critics know their asses from a hole in the ground. I wouldn't pay too much attention to what they're saying.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what some of those Warcraft Youtube clips remind me of (especially the ones with spell effects) ... 90s FMV games.

Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    ... snip snip ...

This is a promo gift for player actively playing the current addon - you do not play and so you do not recieve/deserve the gift - so no reason to moan. I do not pay2play - i play with wow tokens.

Deleted
    I hope the movie will be decent at best , I'm already going to see it with very low expectations based on the trailers , hope the movie as a whole will change my opinion about it.

*snip a load of bollocks*
    Let me get this straight, you'r salty about not getting something while not playing and somehow you think you have the moral high ground here?....

Just quit, you clearly dont like Blizzard, their game, or your fellow players ... and for what its worth, that's reciprocated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They make movies based on revenue, not reviews. Tons of movies with bad reviews have been hugely successful.

Also the guy who wrote the review for The Wrap also gave Dragon Ball Evolution a 4/5 review and hated Interstellar. I wouldn't give his opinion much weight.
    40% on Rotten Tomatoes though? There's just no comeback. I did enjoy the WoW graphic novels. Maybe they should stick to those instead of live action. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft/

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    40% on Rotten Tomatoes though? There's just no comeback. I did enjoy the WoW graphic novels. Maybe they should stick to those instead of live action. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft/
    After 5 reviews..... Give it 50 at least before relying on that Overall Score.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    My personal WoW leveling wishlist:

- make leveling harder
    - make group quests require finding a group (again)
    - lower the experience gain ratio so I don't outlevel a zone I just entered after doing 1/3rd of it's quests.
    - make LFD experience lower, so questing is a viable alternative
    - make leveling an adventure again, not a chore of spaming LFD in a city

I see Blizzard notices the problem, but I doubt a few tweaks can fix the leveling experience as it is. It needs an overhaul.

About Warcraft movie:
    Most critics don't play or like vidya, they rate movies like Boyhood 100/100, so... yeah. Just watch the movie yourselves. Even if it turns out shit, you only lost like a worth of a pizza.
    I want that exact opposite of all you just said. Hopefully Blizzard stops listening to you legacy freaks, it's poison.

- - - Updated - - -

Watching people grasp at "It's only 5 reviews" are like the bernie supporters seeing 90% for clinton after a few precincts reporting in and hoping it will change. The first 5 have it at 40. More people reviewing doesn't mean it's going to go to 99%. It could drop further and most likely will. If warcraft fans are saying meh the general population are going to start calling it a shitty lord of the rings ripoff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumadoken View Post
    With all of the other review sites external to Rotten Tomatoes giving Warcraft a golden globe of utter flop as well it's not looking so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Akumadoken View Post
    Also I'd rather take the opinion of a fan over critics any day.

Especially with the fact that Metacritic has 10 Cloverfield Lane as a 76 which I thought was a complete waste of time, extremely predictable, and overall garbage, yet they're praising it as suspenseful...

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    a shame that this staff is horde only
    Last edited by Igzorn; 2016-05-25 at 02:21 PM. Reason: small error