10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not worrying myself about reviews right now, I'm confident anough in the coming days the more reviews come out & Audience reactions come out. We will have a better representation of the movie & I expect it's Average to be anywhere from 7-8 out of 10 or 3-4 of 5. Just a Good movie.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Less than 3/5: "wow fuck them biased critics lol, shit review"
    3/5 or more: "good review!!"
    None of the American reviews gave it any rating. From good to unwatchable. Are you saying that I should trust a guy who thinks it is unwatchable? Because people won't get a "mage"?

"The Warcraft movie is naff fantasy in shiny, technicolour armour - review" 2/5 from the Telegraph in UK - wont let me link yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfclaw95 View Post
    Yep, he's a tool indeed. Always tries to stir up something and is extremely Marvel Studios biased. People like him are the reason I stopped going to that site a while back, that and they post a fuck ton of spoilers.
    To be honest, he's not even biased towards Marvel Studios. He just loves posting inflammatory content so he gets maximum hits from internet warriors. He's like the Donald Trump of the internet. Any clicks are good clicks for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    To be honest, he's not even biased towards Marvel Studios. He just loves posting inflammatory content so he gets maximum hits from internet warriors. He's like the Donald Trump of the internet. Any clicks are good clicks for him.
    Fair enough then. Guy's still a tool.
    Last edited by The Hero of Legend; 2016-05-25 at 11:33 AM.

www(dot)moviezine.se/movies/warcraft#reviews

New Swedish review. Gave the movie 4/5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfclaw95 View Post
    Fair enough then. Guy's still a tool.
    Without a doubt. He's one of those internet journalists who likes making lists out of everything and then creates multiple pages for the list so he can maximize his clicks despite how shallow the content is. Pity is curiousity pulls most people in who aren't familiar with his 'work'.

What I'm wondering is where does Metacritic get the score from.

Because the 30 from Variety is more like a 5/10. They don't look forward to the sequels, but it seems they found it entertaining.

The 40 from Screen International... isn't even a review. It's a summary of the plot, literally followed by "not as good as LotR or GoT".

And the 60 from Hollywood Reporter is actually fairly positive, it just says some people won't like the action.

Who puts these numbers in these people's mouths when they intentionally chose not to give scores?
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-25 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDi View Post
    www(dot)moviezine.se/movies/warcraft#reviews

New Swedish review. Gave the movie 4/5 stars.
    Posted yesterday but i fond another one who gave it 3/5 also from sweden.

Deleted
    Lol so appearently due to popular demand the cineplexxes around my country have scheduled additional screenings of this feature.
    It used to be 1 screening at 20:00 a day; Now they have 5/6 screenings a day scheduled for the 1st week.

I cannot stand idiots who want this movie to fail especially warcraft fans...sad fucks need to re-evaluate your life if all you can wish for is the demise of entertainment for some folks.

i'll be seeing this movie with bells and whistles on. and lets be honest, LOTR got heavily roasted by people for the massive changes in story from the originals. I think we live in a society now where its cool to hate so you can get all the other degenerates to back your sad feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    I cannot stand idiots who want this movie to fail especially warcraft fans...sad fucks need to re-evaluate your life if all you can wish for is the demise of entertainment for some folks.

i'll be seeing this movie with bells and whistles on. and lets be honest, LOTR got heavily roasted by people for the massive changes in story from the originals. I think we live in a society now where its cool to hate so you can get all the other degenerates to back your sad feelings.

Ahem..Majority of MMOC trolls don't play any Blizzard game. You are mistaken in your thinking that they are fan.

That said, I have gone through various non-fan reviews and there is general consensus. Story is too simple, there are too many charecters with little plot development and too many things are added for future movies that make 2 hr movie a rush job. Instead of building a story, DJ went with cliches to grab attention.
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2016-05-25 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    That said, I have gone through various non-fan reviews and there is general consensus. Story is too simple, there are too many charecters with little plot development and too many things are added for future movies that make 2 hr movie a rush job. Instead of building a story, DJ went with cliches to grab attention.
    Riiiiight. Provide a source or gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    I would say go type "Warcraft movie review" on youtube but that will only result in you shitting on those people, so why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Nah, from what I've seen, that seems something many agree on. But to be honest, the same thing happens with LotR and Marvel, it's just that they've already made sequels to expand on those characters and places. The alternative is focusing on two or three characters, which wouldn't feel like a war. They've chosen to give a couple characters depth but still rely on the more shallow ones for a broader scope.

-We- know the background and the future of all these characters, we know the depth is there at some point. The movie apparently does a well enough job at introducing these characters, it just doesn't have time to make them interesting while also telling a story.

It is, after all, an origins story.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Nah, from what I've seen, that seems something many agree on. But to be honest, the same thing happens with LotR and Marvel, it's just that they've already made sequels to expand on those characters and places. The alternative is focusing on two or three characters, which wouldn't feel like a war. They've chosen to give a couple characters depth but still rely on the more shallow ones for a broader scope.

-We- know the background and the future of all these characters, we know the depth is there at some point. The movie apparently does a well enough job at introducing these characters, it just doesn't have time to make them interesting while also telling a story.

It is, after all, an origins story.
    I personally loved Captain America: The First Avenger but two things worried me and it seemed to ring true. lots of people didn't think someone named 'captain america' would be all that good and had a bit of a 'look at us cool americans we even have a hero named after us' and secondly it was a little bit fantastical compared to other marvel films at the time in terms of say MCU believability. I think Thor began bridging the gap between believable alien worlds and earth. and now here we are and Civil War is utterly fantastic for laying down a foundation...this is what I hope of Warcraft.

Damn, can they release another track from Djawadi's score? lol
    What I hear from the premiere videos is amazing to say the least, very emotional

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    I personally loved Captain America: The First Avenger but two things worried me and it seemed to ring true. lots of people didn't think someone named 'captain america' would be all that good and had a bit of a 'look at us cool americans we even have a hero named after us' and secondly it was a little bit fantastical compared to other marvel films at the time in terms of say MCU believability. I think Thor began bridging the gap between believable alien worlds and earth. and now here we are and Civil War is utterly fantastic for laying down a foundation...this is what I hope of Warcraft.
    Warcraft has a similar problem as Batman v Superman. It tries to setup a franchise while splitting the story into two while also telling its own story.

It's Civil War without any previous MCU movies. In two hours you have to meet both sides, find them interesting and understand the conflict they go through. It's pretty much impossible.

Unlike BvS, though, I think there was no better way to make a first Warcraft movie. You can't make an Alliance movie and a Horde one afterwards. These factions don't stand on their own, they need each other for the conflict. I hope it does well enough to get sequels, because the story is going to need them.

You can have Batman without Superman, but you can't have Lothar without Orgrim.