Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question about movie promotion transmog items

Thought I could claim the items without sub, but sadly that's not possible because Blizzard restricts all access to the mailbox while not having a sub active. Them bellends.

Since I am not planning to resub before Legion, how long do these items actually stay in your mailbox? Thinking about logging in just to have them in me mailbox and ready to collect when Legion hits. But obviously I need to know how long it takes before they're deleted from your mailbox. Anyone knows?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Regular mail stays in your mailbox for 30 days.

I've had mails in my inbox for 365 days but that was only after a GM had send me some items after my account got ''robbed''.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

The mailbox keeps stuff for 30 days, if I recall correctly.

However, the terms state: log in during promotion. There's no way around that. I would strongly assume that the items will be gone as soon as the promotion period ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Thought I could claim the items without sub, but sadly that's not possible because Blizzard restricts all access to the mailbox while not having a sub active. Them bellends.

Since I am not planning to resub before Legion, how long do these items actually stay in your mailbox? Thinking about logging in just to have them in me mailbox and ready to collect when Legion hits. But obviously I need to know how long it takes before they're deleted from your mailbox. Anyone knows?

Thanks!
    Ask Blizzard for a free day to collect gold from your guildbank to buy a token. Login, get mail, don't get gold or buy token, done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Ask Blizzard for a free day to collect gold from your guildbank to buy a token. Login, get mail, don't get gold or buy token, done
    Is that actually possible? :P Might try that out!

But as far as I know, Blizzard mail tends to stick around longer then 30 days doesn't it? But not sure how they mailed it that's why I'm confirming it.

10+ Year Old Account
    the mail lasts for 30 days
    the items only appear in mailbox when you login
    BUT they aren't there yet untill you subscribe so you got 1 week to buy a game time code while the promotion lasts

But as far as I know, Blizzard mail tends to stick around longer then 30 days doesn't it? But not sure how they mailed it that's why I'm confirming it.
    Yes ask for free days to get gold for token. Also not long ago friend asked them for 7 days free time to try game again as he was away for few months and they gave him. He did it twice this way.
    Just ask GM and talk with him. Hell i bet he would give you one day if you just told him it is for collecting promotion items!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744634342#6

"Also, as long as you received the achievement the items for both factions will be added to your collection once the system is implemented. "

I guess this explains that you don't have to loot anything - as long as you got achievement (by simply loging in) you should be fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendal View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744634342#6

"Also, as long as you received the achievement the items for both factions will be added to your collection once the system is implemented. "

I guess this explains that you don't have to loot anything - as long as you got achievement (by simply loging in) you should be fine
    You get the achievement from looting the items out of your mailbox though.

Deleted
    I got it once I logged in, on an unsubbed acc. Not planning to resub till legion as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? What is the achievement called? Nothing procced for me so far.

No you get the achievement for logging in.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? What is the achievement called? Nothing procced for me so far.
    Fight for the Horde/Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

noup.. you got achievement when you log in

Is that actually possible? :P Might try that out!.
    They might halt it for a while if too many people ask, but usually, yes, that's possible. I've been unsubbed for many months from late last year to early this year and I asked for a few days around Christmas to get the presents and I got 7 days free Obviously, they won't give it often and probably not to certain accounts, but it's definitely worth a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendal View Post
    noup.. you got achievement when you log in
    Not entirely true..
    I logged in my main and got the items, but achievement.. Logged out and back in, and got the achievement.
    Switched to an Alliance alt; Got items, no achievement.. Did a /RL, still no achievement. Logged out and back in, and got themachievement for alliance too.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    will there be the mail until you login with your character?

15+ Year Old Account
    Or you know, you could spend $15...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Mail gets sent back to its original sender after 30 days so im not sure how it works when the 30 days is up when it comes to promotions

You could try a GM but they may just say 'buy a sub you cheap fuck'

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Or you know, you could spend $15...
    In my specific situation my computer got a bsod error so yeah I could pay $15 & login on a friend or family member's computer, but then I basically am just paying $15 dollars for the items/achievement seeing as how I won't get my sub's money worth out of it.

Yes, as long as you don't have a history of doing it, they'll be pretty helpful. I actually just did this (well, I actually did pull the gold from my GBank and bought a few tokens since I'm worried about the price going up again), and they put two days worth of playtime on my account with no issue.