Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Nice to see someone with some goods and bads without going nuts on either side, thanks for that.

Looking forward to seeing it myself tomorrow.

About how you felt the length wasn't quite where it should be, Duncan Jones has said that he'd like to do an extended edition because certain scenes aren't in the movie atm. Maybe if that happens it'll have just the bits you thought were missing. :P
    Np and thanks ! I like to dont take an extrem side.

Well, for example, the shot with lothar jumping on his griffon is not present

But some elements should be more longer in my opinion !

Is there a post credit scene?

Yes ! but its before the post credit scene

But stay at the credit scene, because of that :

There is a remix music of the login screen of Wow vanilla <3

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call that a free pass to just flat out change things for the sake of changing them. Nor was there much reason to keep the the movie from the canon. Thats the point. There has been plenty written about all this that the changes are just there to make the movie from being warcraft, and instead be "loosely based on the hit video game warcraft!". Its fanfiction when it didnt need to be. Clearly it was meant to bring people in to the game as well, and they'll be coming to something that isnt related to the warcraft movie. While fans will be coming to something that isnt related to the warcraft game. There was no attempt made to make the two related, and thats stupid.
    It's not even worth to try and argue with you, you are here to bash, and according to your signature you take joy in it.

Just crawl back to your hole please, don't pretend you are a concerned lore fan when in reality you are here to bash the film only

I appreciate your review OP.

Thanks for the review,i was hoping someone who saw the music to share its opinion here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't exactly call that a free pass to just flat out change things for the sake of changing them. Nor was there much reason to keep the the movie from the canon. Thats the point. There has been plenty written about all this that the changes are just there to make the movie from being warcraft, and instead be "loosely based on the hit video game warcraft!". Its fanfiction when it didnt need to be. Clearly it was meant to bring people in to the game as well, and they'll be coming to something that isnt related to the warcraft movie. While fans will be coming to something that isnt related to the warcraft game. There was no attempt made to make the two related, and thats stupid.
    Man, I can see you just dripping with salt.
    Look a few changes to lore is not the end of the world. As long as Llane, durutan,draka die and khadgar changes into a old man, it's not going to be that big of a stretch to lore. There's really not that much lore in Warcraft 1 besides Orc appear, wreck havoc humans try to stop them and fail. And they discover the puppet master at the end, that's really it.mso take a chill pill, and stop trying to find reasons to hate the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    It's not even worth to try and argue with you, you are here to bash, and according to your signature you take joy in it.

Just crawl back to your hole please, don't pretend you are a concerned lore fan when in reality you are here to bash the film only

I appreciate your review OP.
    My sig has nothing to do with bashing things or people on the forum. And I'm just wondering why so much was changed. They give away copies of the game for seeing this movie, and what are people going to see? Two settings with different stories and characters. So much was changed for the sheer sake of it, it reminds me of the Avatar the Last Airbender movie. "Remember all that stuff that originally made you love warcraft! Well here have a loosely related fanfic"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Man, I can see you just dripping with salt.
    Look a few changes to lore is not the end of the world. As long as Llane, durutan,draka die and khadgar changes into a old man, it's not going to be that big of a stretch to lore. There's really not that much lore in Warcraft 1 besides Orc appear, wreck havoc humans try to stop them and fail. And they discover the puppet master at the end, that's really it.mso take a chill pill, and stop trying to find reasons to hate the movie.
    They have entire books on the subject.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    So they kept the brown skin for the frostwolves (none-canon) despite then needing to go ahead and explain this, but couldnt go "Doomhammer, Durotan's blood brother from another clan".

It's change for the sake of change.
    That's actually canon, majority of the frostwolves besides thier shamans weren't allowed to drink the "gift" to empower themselves.

So they kept the brown skin for the frostwolves (none-canon) despite then needing to go ahead and explain this, but couldnt go "Doomhammer, Durotan's blood brother from another clan".

no its because people new to the story aren't going to give a shit about the dozen plus clans that exist in the lore and because its a damn movie, of course they aren't going into every detail to "match" the lore. I am huge lore nerd for warcraft and I don't give a shit cause I know its for a different audience that doesn't need to learn everyone backstory.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sig has nothing to do with bashing things or people on the forum. And I'm just wondering why so much was changed. They give away copies of the game for seeing this movie, and what are people going to see? Two settings with different stories and characters. So much was changed for the sheer sake of it, it reminds me of the Avatar the Last Airbender movie. "Remember all that stuff that originally made you love warcraft! Well here have a loosely related fanfic"

- - - Updated - - -

They have entire books on the subject.
    They have books on the second and road to the third war. Again not much on the FIRST war.

Thanks for the review. When I'm noticing from reviews is that if it's from someone who has seen it in an audience and isn't trying to get clicks, they generally say its a good movie, entertaining.

I get the movie may not be technically very sound with cinematography and such, but than again Citizen Kane is close to perfection from that stand point and it's pretty damn boring.

Basically, I just want to enjoy the movie set in my favorite fantasy world. From what I'm seeing from non-critics, I'll do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    Could you please describe if the movie universe differs from the video game universe? And if so, in which ways - how much? Does the lore differ for the setting of this movie? Is it like a Marvel - Dc multiverse setting where minor details can differ here and there depending on media used?

I mean Things like Garona's parents are they the same in the movie as they are in the video game for example? Or other possible differences if you noticed any?
    Spoil away if you please I actually love spoilers

Mercy beaucoup in advance!
    Well, its very close of the video game universe. You will feel like at home while watching this movie ! They are changes ofc like the reason why Garona did this to the king

During the war of the dark portal arround at the end, the king, garona and he rest of humans are circle and will be killed. To save Garona and the others people, the king ask to Garona to assassinate him because she will be accepted and doesnt killed by the orcs. You see how painful is for Garona to do this since she is attached of the humans during the movie. She assassinate the king, she was praised by the orcs and Lothar saw the dague of Garona in the neck of the king. Lothar and Khadgar cannot believe this.

I found this change way better than the original story

So yes, some changes, but its feel like an actual MOVIE

For Garona origins :

I found it was one of the more clever thing, but you need to have good eyes and be a fan to notice this. Garona is called half-breed and looks like the human kind. But she never said she was half human. She only said half orc.

But the movie done something clever so show she is half draenei. In the begin of the movie (in Draenor), we see a draenei mother in a cage says something to Garona and Gul'dan. We can't able to understand it. So Gul'dan asked to Garona "what she said" and Garona was able to understand the draenei. So you know what is means.

One of the most clever thing done on this movie

That's actually canon, majority of the frostwolves besides thier shamans weren't allowed to drink the "gift" to empower themselves.
    Being near the fel energy turned them green.

All orcs leaving the dark portal were green, including the frostwolves. It was meant to be tragic that they couldn't escape the corruption.

The Kotaku review is up and called what I called a while back: it takes itself too seriously. That's the downfall. Warcraft has serious moments, but it is VERY tongue in cheek and this movie doesn't seem to have enough of that.

All that said: gonna watch it anyway, because nerd.

They have books on the second and road to the third war. Again not much on the FIRST war.
    Two whole books isnt much? One entirely about Khadgar and Medivh?

10+ Year Old Account

All orcs leaving the dark portal were green, including the frostwolves. It was meant to be tragic that they couldn't escape the corruption.
    And yet in warlords development they told us it would pass to thier children instead of showing up directly on them themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasolina View Post
    The Kotaku review is up and called what I called a while back: it takes itself too seriously. That's the downfall. Warcraft has serious moments, but it is VERY tongue in cheek and this movie doesn't seem to have enough of that.

All that said: gonna watch it anyway, because nerd.
    I'm glad it was a serious movie. Enough of the humour of Marvel

the biggest problem people will have with the movie, besides just straight up hating blizzard and everything they do, will be the lore changes. cause people dont understand, a movie has to have some things different to make sense for the movie, it cant explain everything like a book or game can.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Speaking of change, why don't you go change your diaper, because you sure are crying a lot. You can't just enjoy something for what it is. You gotta knock it because it wasn't what you were expecting. It can't be great on its own merits, because it fails on preconceived notions you had in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    the biggest problem people will have with the movie, besides just straight up hating blizzard and everything they do, will be the lore changes. cause people dont understand, a movie has to have some things different to make sense for the movie, it cant explain everything like a book or game can.
    Exactly

I can't imagine those people with the Harry Potter Universe. It's kinda sucks for them actually to don't appreciate a movie because of minors changes (no offense)

the frostwolves wouldn't turn green for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Sounds like a great deal of fan service but not so much a movie with a wider appeal.