Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Angry Birds would like a word with you. It SMASHED the theaters.
    To be fair, that's a movie for kids/those with low IQ's. I pray no-one over the age of 18 is like "YEAAAAAAA! Can't WAIIIIIIIIT to see Angry Birds. It looks so good!!!1!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    You are asking what is the point of someone's life and telling them to kill themselves...because they don't agree with you about a movie you both haven't seen yet. You might want to review what's wrong with yourself, and what the point of someone's life is who wishes death on others because of their opinions about a video game that features spaces goats and dancing cows. I mean really, you talk about ending the pain now, but I can't imagine the pain someone must be feeling to wish death on others based on a movie.
    Man you take internet comments way too seriously friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Even if the reviews are truly representative of the movie....that does not necessarily transfer to a Box Office Flop. Batman v Superman has an even lower RT score (27%) and that's made almost 900 million. Transformers: Age of Extinction got a RT score even lower than that (18%) and still crossed the billion dollar mark.
    That's how I view things too. Sure, the movie may be a festering pile of shit, but that doesn't mean millions of people aren't going to be flocking to view that pile either.

I never anticipated Warcraft the movie to be any good, and the producers of the film even called it a "problem movie" so that shows you how much faith they had in it. Personally, i think the CGI looks obviously fake and outdated, the costumes look like medium to high end larp gear more so than professional props, and for the love of God I can't figure out why Khadgar runs around mumbling when casting spells, because that's nothing like in game.

So basically, do I think the movie is going to be good? Not really. Do I think it's a flop? It's way too soon to tell.

Dear crybabies, please stop this premature hysterics about a flop. First of all, it's 5 reviews, not 50. Second of all, it's critic score, not box office results.

Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    Dear crybabies, please stop this premature hysterics about a flop. First of all, it's 5 reviews, not 50. Second of all, it's critic score, not box office results.
    Since critic scores have consistently be different from box office results i assume?

Sure you have stuff like Batman or Transformers, but those are on a totally different scale than Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    That's how I view things too. Sure, the movie may be a festering pile of shit, but that doesn't mean millions of people aren't going to be flocking to view that pile either.

I never anticipated Warcraft the movie to be any good, and the producers of the film even called it a "problem movie" so that shows you how much faith they had in it. Personally, i think the CGI looks obviously fake and outdated, the costumes look like medium to high end larp gear more so than professional props, and for the love of God I can't figure out why Khadgar runs around mumbling when casting spells, because that's nothing like in game.

So basically, do I think the movie is going to be good? Not really. Do I think it's a flop? It's way too soon to tell.
    I don't think it looks outdated, I think it looks pretty damn good (in terms of the actual CGI) the integration with physical shots is what looks terrible. The shots of the character faces? The slightest little twitch of eye-movement, etc? Insanely good. When placed into non-CGI scenes though, it just doesn't integrate nicely for some reason. Like, I can't say it looks like SyFy-type CGI because that at least "integrates" nicely, even though the CGI itself is terrible. I don't know, text is hard to explain what I mean by "integrate" but it literally just looks like two seperate layers per-se. SyFy at least looks like one layer, just terrible CGI. heh

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Angry Birds would like a word with you. It SMASHED the theaters.
    Most movies based on video games have sucked. Either poor plots, acting or just ignoring the source material. Hopefully that won't be the case with the Warcraft movie

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Why should he be trolling. It is indeed 9/10 on IMDB right now. It shows the movie will hit the haters right between the eyes where it matters (to them): the success. .

1200 voters gave an average of 9/10 and in France the opening night was a HUGE success.

I don't see this as trolling.

I don't see either why anyone outside Warcraft would give anything over 30% even. But the fans will make this movie HUGE in €€€€€€€€ signs.
    Because the vast majority of them were way before anyone had even seen the movie. If that is indeed the consensus the average fanboy will base their argument on then that's just sad tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Except that the number of players that played Warcraft/WoW for several months / years in their life time already exceeded 100 million 3 years ago.

If all these would buy ONE ticket worldwide, you would have over 1 billion dollars. And according to the first figures coming in from China, the pre release number over there is already 400M ...

Of course they made it for the fans, that bring all family and friends...
    But they won't all buy a ticket. You have to be atleast slightly out of touch with reality to think so. Even assuming a majority of them would is a strecth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    And I'm absolutely certain that it will draw in general audiences.
    I'm sure it will. But after the word of mouth and negative reviews of BvS for example started spreading that momentum stopped fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I'm sure it will. But after the word of mouth and negative reviews of BvS for example started spreading that momentum stopped fast.
    It hasn't even reached general release yet. It's much too premature to be saying "that momentum stopped fast".

As i said earlier for critics the movie will be shit.

For fans... the story got changed so much it is not even related to warcraft lore we know...

I'll post what I posted in another thread.

I saw it this morning with my frieds and it was a bit...meh.

As a movie it's lacking, but as a fanservice it's really great. Some really bad acting (the king, the queen), some others are good (khadgar, lothar). I found that you need to know about the lore and the games to enjoy it, as there were lots of people asking about things not explained in the movie that we're supossed to know. The CGI is really great, but there are moments that looks like they are WIP (gul'dan at the beginning of the movie, some mountains around the portal). Good OST. People seemed to hate that we are supossed to like orcs. Medivh's story seemed rushed and not well explained. Khadgar is uber cool.

5/10, and I can't recommend it to people that don't know the games and the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Since critic scores have consistently be different from box office results i assume?

Sure you have stuff like Batman or Transformers, but those are on a totally different scale than Warcraft.
    It's 5 critics reviews. FIVE. If there was 2 more positive reviews, score would be 57%. You know that 5 people don't represent opinion of 150, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    I have never read a critic review or went to a movie because the critics reviewed it well.

It has an 8.8/10 user score on IMDB based on almost 3,000 reviews. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

That's good enough to tell me that people like me, who went to the movie because they are a fan of the Warcraft Universe, liked the movie.

It will do poorly in the EU/US and make enough cash from Asia to warrent a sequel like almost every sci-fi or fantasy film in the last few years. I doubt anyone was thinking it was going to be 10/10 anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    I have never read a critic review or went to a movie because the critics reviewed it well.

It has an 8.8/10 user score on IMDB based on almost 3,000 reviews. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

That's good enough to tell me that people like me, who went to the movie because they are a fan of the Warcraft Universe, liked the movie.
    They didn't though. Most of those are WAY before anyone had seen it.

Deleted
    Yeah... reviews were bad for X-men aswell and i loved it.

Beeing a critic flop and a commercial flop are different things.

Deleted
    errrr is it normal for people who havent seen a movie to judge it based on the opinion of reviews? watch it yourself and then then discuss?

Deleted
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    They make money. While you whine like a jealous kid.

What was the point?
    Were you looking for a congratulations... or maybe a cookie? Who cares what you thought? Go do something useful with your life.

Rotten Tomatoes are really rotten,lol.their critics are ridiculous.Witch 2016 has 91% score lol and that movie is shit.Underworld has 31% and that movie is a God compared to the Witch.