Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    beta key and all we have to do is give out our b.net credentials? why can't we just submit our battletags? I know it says it's safe, but its still giving credentials to a 3rd party site, which is....not something i'm willing to do. I know mmo-champ is probably safe enough, but all sites can get hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by kaesden View Post
    beta key and all we have to do is give out our b.net credentials? why can't we just submit our battletags? I know it says it's safe, but its still giving credentials to a 3rd party site, which is....not something i'm willing to do. I know mmo-champ is probably safe enough, but all sites can get hacked.
    Uh. No.

You're logging into battle.net, and then battle.net is telling mmo-champ that you're logged in. Your "credentials" aren't passed to 3rd party sites, only the details of the account that it asks for (not username, password or one time key).

In this case, all the info that MMO champ gets is your characters and your bnet tag (which is already public information by design).

I'm caught between wanting beta access and not
    on one hand i don't want to spoil any aspect of it but on the other hand i want to make sure it's not WoD 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    All I keep getting is the characters loading thing too =[
    "Your $14.95 a month says you can play how you want... The rest of the raids $149.50/$358.80 says know your role."

Hey, having the same issue as a lot of people here - characters loading even 24 hours after trying it the first time

just an update,

for some reason it still wont add my bnet account.

i have tiried over the last three days since monday my time, its now wednesday.

keep getting this message:

Your characters are still updating! Refresh this page in a few minutes.

who do i speak to to see if its working or not?

Mine still says that it's updating even after it's been updating for 24 hours. :/

Also still having the updating issue after 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    A small number of accounts seem to have an error with them, to fix it:
    Try disconnecting MMOC here: https://battle.net/account/managemen...rizations.html and then logging out and in on the contest site. Be sure you disconnect MMOC, as that page is bugged and will always remove the first item on the list, so you have to keep removing applications until it actually removes the right one. After that it will take 24-48 hours to update. If you want, you can PM me your BattleTag when you are done with the steps above and I'll manually force it and check it.

Chaud has said to try this if you cant get it to work.

i get a 404 when i click his link and cant find a direct route myself. awaiting a resonse. at this rate comp will be over
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2016-05-25 at 07:19 AM. Reason: shortened Quote
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I have an inactive EU account and an active US account and can't enter as it only picks up my EU characters. Any ideas?

Is there a way to confirm if your entry went through? By the time I turned the computer off last night it was still updating.

7+ Year Old Account
    May luck ever be in my favor! =)

I cant log out of my battlenet account on your site. I need to log onto my other account because i dont play the one that got logged on anymore so I cant log out and i cant complete illidaan. Please I need beta fix this

Took a while but finally got my entry, wouldnt that be a perfect birthday gift and speacilly since my bday is 31 may

The battle.net page chaud linked gives me a 404. Any other way to work around this?

Quote Originally Posted by WoWPyxis View Post
    What makes you think I've done nothing to get it? No, I haven't raided Mythic... is that what it takes? Yes, I've done Tanaan, is that what it takes? I first started in 2004, is that what it takes?

What exactly is this "nothing" that you speak of?

You're saying that I have to be subbed the whole time!? What about if I took a break during LK? What if someone isn't subbed for a few months, but their sorry, and now their subbed again?
    Never said "nothing". Again that is you using a word to try and bolster your argument. Why would Blizzard prioritize a non-paying, non-playing account over an active one? I too have been playing since Vanilla, but if I was unsubbed and didn't get an invite I would totally understand it and be OK with it. I wouldn't expect anything.

Just as I don't expect to get an invite because I play and pay.

Alright my mate got his to work, mine still wont, for those having problems with it continually saying:

Your characters are still updating! Refresh this page in a few minutes.

do the following:

Log Out of Battlenet, Logout of Mmo-Champ.
    Login into your account management.
    Go to Security Options
    Select Authorized Applications
    Remove Mmo-Champion from your Authorized 3rd party Apps.

once this is done come back to Mmo-Champion login and then select logout of your battlenet, then try to re-enter the comp, and relogin with your battle net.

it may take about 15 or so mins but it works eventually.

Chaud gave me a link to this earlier but kept getting a 404, so i did the route directly myself.

Cheers
    Turtler
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2016-05-25 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Never said "nothing". Again that is you using a word to try and bolster your argument. Why would Blizzard prioritize a non-paying, non-playing account over an active one? I too have been playing since Vanilla, but if I was unsubbed and didn't get an invite I would totally understand it and be OK with it. I wouldn't expect anything.

"And you want something without having done anything to get it."

Do I have to quote you again to remind you of what you said? "Without having done anything" is the exact same as "done nothing."

Stop nit-picking... it shows poor lack of ability to argue your point.

Additionally, I'm not arguing for them to prioritize anyone above anyone else. That's wording you just made up.

We should all have an equal chance. I'm not EXPECTING an invite, but I should be considered just as equally as you.
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post

I've argued about this in a different thread. To summarize it, beta keys are not "rewards", as a beta is an unfinished product; Blizz probably just invites people randomly (the only criteria for the beta is that you must have a full version of a Blizzard game); and from Blizz's standpoint, there are advantages to giving beta keys to people who are unsubscribed (i.e. Blizz gives a beta key to someone who isn't subscribed, they like it, and preorder/buy Legion).

Quote Originally Posted by cloudotq View Post
    The battle.net page chaud linked gives me a 404. Any other way to work around this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Chaud has said to try this if you cant get it to work.

i get a 404 when i click his link and cant find a direct route myself. awaiting a resonse. at this rate comp will be over
    https://us.battle.net/account/manage...rizations.html

Quote Originally Posted by Laorii View Post
    Is there a way to confirm if your entry went through? By the time I turned the computer off last night it was still updating.
    Check the status page

Quote Originally Posted by Kalorna View Post
    I have an inactive EU account and an active US account and can't enter as it only picks up my EU characters. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluspy View Post
    I cant log out of my battlenet account on your site. I need to log onto my other account because i dont play the one that got logged on anymore so I cant log out and i cant complete illidaan. Please I need beta fix this
    Open a browser in Incognito mode, go to the contest site, log in with the right battle.net account. Assuming it is not the same account. If it is, it will pick up any US or EU characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzdoug View Post
    Also still having the updating issue after 24 hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Raithrin View Post
    Mine still says that it's updating even after it's been updating for 24 hours. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by ThorWOW View Post
    Hey, having the same issue as a lot of people here - characters loading even 24 hours after trying it the first time
    Quote Originally Posted by xeasadeyo View Post
    All I keep getting is the characters loading thing too =[
    Go to the status page, use the update button, refresh the page after 5 minutes. If it still isn't there, try disconnecting MMOC here: https://us.battle.net/account/manage...rizations.html and then logging out and in on the contest site.

Be sure you disconnect MMOC, as that page is bugged and will always remove the first item on the list, so you have to keep removing applications until it actually removes the right one. After that, force an update on the status page, wait 5 minutes, refresh, and see if it worked. If it still hasn't worked then, PM me and I'll check.
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-05-25 at 03:52 PM.