Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Remember all the left-wing violence in Germany in the 70's, 80's and 90's?

Guess the pendulum really swings both ways, continually.
    Uh, '90s were rife with open right-wing extremism as well. The '80s were also not short of it either. Even the DDR had a living right-wing extremist scene - believe it or not. It does not have anything to do with previous eras of *-wing extremism because both scenes can pretty much coexist and always have, whether one side resurfaces more openly or not depends on people's general views and stances, heck the left-wing extremist '90s RAF was a different one than the '80s or '70s. Same for right-extremists, back then in '90s the average right-wing extremist was a skinhead who dropped out of school after 8th grade and had the mental capacity of a Faxe beer can and fists bigger than brains. These days have passed and it has entered the stage where it's become acceptable at burgeoise levels.
    Left-wing extremists have left the stage of wanting to establish anarcho-communism and defeat capitalism that way, nowadays they just want to smash and burn capitalism whenever since globalism and the long-gone iron curtain with Big Brother Sovietunion gone too have pretty much reduced their original goals to rubble and weakened them, whereas it strengthened the far right with the resurgence of identary and nationalist movements. In fact both kinds of extremism are a lot more scary than before. Back then right-wingers would never even think of attacking the police, the new branch of right-wing extremists however does, back then left-wingers would not seek wide-scale destruction, the new branch however does. Attacking eachother's politicians has become the norm again too, just like at times of Weimar Republic.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Not sure how I am talking about who they elect.
    I don't care to see the country go downhill.
    When Merkel is gone, Germany will be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Left wingers are saints, so they are allowed to voice their opinion with wrath and fists.
    ...and you are basing this on what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Sarcasm, if you ask me.

I just wonder how can this be considered shocking news, millions of non-refugees got into the country, they don't want to integrate with the culture, they demand special treatment, they are involved in loads of crimes and the police and government is hiding it or doing nothing about it. What the hell did you expect was going to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    When Merkel is gone, Germany will be fine.
    I think most onlookers fear the Country will nosedive without Chancellor Merkel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    The likes of Antifa comes to mind. You know the lefties who are against racism, who will make a point with violence. Ironic if you ask me, but as i said; "Lefties are saints", as they believe they are.

http://www.dw.com/en/germany-sees-ri...nce/a-19277858

This is getting to be really worrying. I visited Germany earlier this year but would hesitate to visit again if this trend continues.
    Germany also saw a rise in violence in general when they started letting Muslims in. Hint: the Muslims were committing the violence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    The likes of Antifa comes to mind. You know the lefties who are against racism, who will make a point with violence. Ironic if you ask me, but as i said; "Lefties are saints", as they believe they are.
    I know them, and I know that they are doing a lot of bad stuff. But hardly anyone but themselves think they are saints, or doesn't think that they are stepping over the line of what's acceptable a lot of times. Most "regular" people condemn violence and crime committed by them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Germany also saw a rise in violence in general when they started letting Muslims in. Hint: the Muslims were committing the violence.
    Correlation and causation. There is a difference buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But not as bad as right wing terrorism.
    Isn't Islamic culture "Right-Wing"? Christian vs Islamic is right-wing vs right-wing.

This is why right-wing vs left-wing is a stupid conversation. The real conversation of crime, the one people are talking about, are crimes based on demographics, cultural, and moral beliefs (often based on religion).
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-05-25 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be missing something... What is "right-wing violence"? Is it better or worse than "left-wing violence" or "centrist violence"?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    http://www.dw.com/en/germany-sees-ri...nce/a-19277858

This is getting to be really worrying. I visited Germany earlier this year but would hesitate to visit again if this trend continues.
    And how does right wing violence endanger you? Did you plan to bunk with the "refugees"?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I must be missing something... What is "right-wing violence"? Is it better or worse than "left-wing violence" or "centrist violence"?
    It's not any different other than that in germany everyone is supposed to be afraid of the right wing. Our politicians use that guildtrip to keep us down and quiet every time they bend us over for some foreigners.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-05-25 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    And how does right wing violence endanger you? Did you plan to bunk with the "refugees"?
    Who knows? I certainly wouldn't shun refugees. Maybe if I visit for a longer period I would look into volunteering for a few hours somewhere. Would be a shame to get attacked by right wingers wouldn't it?

Correlation and causation. There is a difference buddy.
    That doesn't make much sense related to what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    That doesn't make much sense related to what I said.
    Pretty sure I read a article report stating that the blame on the refugees was overstated. Stop hating on them dude.

Skinheads who feel like burning down buildings because they house brown people.
    With nearly 900 attacks on refugee centres I think we can say there is an issue with right wing nationalistic violence.
    So basically we're surprised that when a federal government forces local communities to take in a group of people from a warzone, which terrorist groups have promised to infiltrate, that the local communities may lash out against that group of people? Is that the gist of the story? Is that surprising?

Pretty sure I read a article report stating that the blame on the refugees was overstated. Stop hating on them dude.
    Are we both prepared to make this a citation war? I am happy to unload unfathomable loads of statistics right along with you concerning violence in Germany. Shall we begin?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Sarcasm, if you ask me.

I just wonder how can this be considered shocking news, millions of non-refugees got into the country, they don't want to integrate with the culture, they demand special treatment, they are involved in loads of crimes and the police and government is hiding it or doing nothing about it. What the hell did you expect was going to happen?
    And we´re back to inventing an unconvinient "truth" to explain/excuse the behaviour of shitheads.

Of course if the government and the police are lying then there is no report or statistic going to convince you. Let´s base reality on blogs and memes, because why would they lie, right, RIGHT?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    So basically we're surprised that when a federal government forces local communities to take in a group of people from a warzone, which terrorist groups have promised to infiltrate, that the local communities may lash out against that group of people? Is that the gist of the story? Is that surprising?
    No, let´s round em all up, just to be sure, befor anything happens. None of them are innocent anyway! Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Violence committed by right-wing groups or individuals with the political aspect playing a role? And the term itself makes no moral judgments one way or another? It's not better or worse even when speaking in general. It depends on area, time period and the individual acts of violence committed.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I think most onlookers fear the Country will nosedive without Chancellor Merkel.
    By not forcing Germany to take in another million 'refugees'?