Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Yes, but the XP change wasn't even mentioned. And they go about it the wrong way. With nerfing player damage instead of making the npcs a threat, they just show that they will not do any serious amount of work!
    The experience reduction happened after that was posted. They're probably preparing another set of notes to go out today to cover the newer changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but the XP change wasn't even mentioned. And they go about it the wrong way. With nerfing player damage instead of making the npcs a threat, they just show that they will not do any serious amount of work!
    "Level 1-10 enemy NPCs now deal slightly more damage.

We see these changes as the beginning, rather than an endpoint – much work remains to improve tuning and pacing of the old-world level-up experience, and our efforts will continue into Legion and beyond."

It's better that they start with what they can.

It's also better to be a gradual change that they keep informing about.

Yes, they should mention their hotfixes better, especially XP apparently.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Did they nerf overall mob exp or just in dungeons?
    From what i am reading. Its bonus exp for finishing the dungeon and dungeon quests
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Unbelievable, people have been crying for years that leveling is too easy and an afterthought and then they address it and now everyone is up in arms.
    You do realise its not the same group of people whom is up in arms about this that wanted to make leveling slower... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

welp looks like I'll really have to buckle down to get my last 4 alts to lvl 100 before legion.

Not the Legion leveling, this thread is about changes to the leveling from 1 - 100.
    Yes I know, I'm just saying the pace leveling in Legion feels good and at times challenging. So it seems the devs are learning not making everything faceroll easy, and there's hope they will make the leveling 1 - 100 similar as well.

Nerfing dungeon XP does not solve the whole problem, but it's a step in the right direction.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

7+ Year Old Account
    don't know, not currently subbed.
    ?!?!?! You're not even affected! The changes will be much more complete by the time you experience them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Seems a lot of people have forgotten the existence of newer players.

Game sucks for new players: 2-shotting enemies (feels pointless like critters), jumping zones (outleveling), being told they suck/kicked in dungeons (because no heirlooms or experience)...
    The amount of posts that essentially say that because someone has 10+ maxlevel alts leveling shouldn't be changed is quite staggering.

But people are narrowminded. Slower leveling to them is just Blizzard milking money or "forcing people to buy boosts". The actual reasoning is that leveling speed and low-level character power has snowballed COMPLETELY out of hand over years and years. It's so fast you forget what level your character is. It's so easy and fast that you get pissed off whenever you see another player because you can AoE everything within 50 yards without even caring about your health or mana. When was the last time you managed your resources below maxlevel? When was the last time you made a single actual judgment call while leveling. When was the last time you gave a single shit about the health of your target or your interrupts... or hell even your self-heals that now heal for like 100% of your healthpool.

How fast do you hit maxlevel compared to what we used to. How much fun is it to oneshot everything. How fun is a dungeon when your tank can solo it. At some point, being fast and clearing things efficiently stop feeling like you're progressing at a good pace, and instead feels like the norm. When you get pissed off due to 5 seconds of inefficiency. Tanks stopping to ask a question and you already have the dps on the boss. They're probably able to kill it anyway. Healer has probably fallen asleep.

Blizzard has finally realized this needs to change. Making our characters weaker by relative measures, making quests, dungeons, BGs etc reward less exp makes each level more of an actual milestone. When you stop being so powerful you get pissed off because your Charge is always on CD, when you get annoyed because the mob didn't die by a Victory Rush alone.

If Blizzard does this right, if they do the changes necessary (characters relative power compared to mobs, mobs has to be able to pose a threat, elites not being 3 second kills, reduce exp gained across the board, dungeons not giving you 2 levels, etc), people will stop 100% feeling like leveling is nothing but a braindead rush to maxlevel. When each step on the way feel a bit meaningful again, when leveling up from 47 to 48 also feel like a satisfactory step on the road to endgame. Sure, there will be people with their 20 alts who doesn't give a single shit about it. But why should they be the standard?

Sadly there's a pretty big hurdle, and that is the lack of talents between each 15 level tier. That is a serious issue. Because putting a talent, even if it was a mere 2% boost to damage to one ability, that is a psychological satisfaction that has been removed.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-05-25 at 04:04 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    You do realise its not the same group of people whom is up in arms about this that wanted to make leveling slower... right?
    Better difference: easier doesn't mean too fast.
    If you double mob health and increase the damage by 50% you would be slowed down AND it would be harder.
    They are mostly working on making it longer instead of harder.

- - - Updated - - -

?!?!?! You're not even affected! The changes will be much more complete by the time you experience them.
    So what? I discourages me from subbing. So they effectivly loose money and I try to make my voice heared to give them my money!

Deleted
    blizzard should stealth nerf the exp and also stealth nerf our dmg to 10%

so this will be a long grind and you will to stay 1 hr in a 2 boss instance

gotta love the tears here

if you want something challenging, get up from your chair and get a life fgts

Nope people wanted leveling to be a challenge like back in the 1.x days... not to be a huge grind with no challenge in it.
    timeconsuming doesnt equal challenging

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Yes I know, I'm just saying the pace leveling in Legion feels good and at times challenging. So it seems the devs are learning not making everything faceroll easy, and there's hope they will make the leveling 1 - 100 similar as well.
    thats why they have not unlocked charcopys yet, once they're in it will be like every expansion

Deleted
    "Level 1-10 enemy NPCs now deal slightly more damage.

We see these changes as the beginning, rather than an endpoint – much work remains to improve tuning and pacing of the old-world level-up experience, and our efforts will continue into Legion and beyond."

It's better that they start with what they can.

It's also better to be a gradual change that they keep informing about.

Yes, they should mention their hotfixes better, especially XP apparently.
    You imply they are unable to change HP and Damage of NPCs?
    Don't get me wrong here, but I look from time to time into private servers and they can change these things in a heart beat... so Blizzard has worse tech then people who do it for free?

7+ Year Old Account
    So what? I discourages me from subbing. So they effectivly loose money and I try to make my voice heared to give them my money!
    They're trying to make this experience better for new players.

New players are about to come in by the tens of thousands.

Unsubscribed people who want to complain on a work-in-progress make no sense, you're not going to sub during this hotfix anyway.

Increase the exp boost on heirloom gear.
    Since they are dead set on this stupid change
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Better difference: easier doesn't mean too fast.
    If you double mob health and increase the damage by 50% you would be slowed down AND it would be harder.
    They are mostly working on making it longer instead of harder.
    Did you quote the wrong person? my one and only point was that he thinks same people is mad that wanted a change...
    But ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that mean I can no longer solo dungeons as an alternative leveling method to questing?

The fun police strikes again. It really is no wonder why so many people hate Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Increase the exp boost on heirloom gear.
    Since they are dead set on this stupid change
    Give more advantages to veteran players, because some want it as easy as possible?

Nope. Buy XP potions or something.

Deleted
    They're trying to make this experience better for new players.

New players are about to come in by the tens of thousands.

Unsubscribed people who want to complain on a work-in-progress make no sense, you're not going to sub during this hotfix anyway.
    How do you know new players are about to come in? From the movie?! Yes maybe for a month, being hit with this work in progress leveling that makes them leave the game! Brilliant isn't it?!

I could sub right now, and be ready to play within 2 hours... so yes I could "suffer" from these changes so I complain about bullshit! Deal with it, or don't read a discussion forum!

You imply they are unable to change HP and Damage of NPCs?
    Don't get me wrong here, but I look from time to time into private servers and they can change these things in a heart beat... so Blizzard has worse tech then people who do it for free?
    Ofcourse not, we'll probably see some low level tuning patches/hotfixes in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    thats why they have not unlocked charcopys yet, once they're in it will be like every expansion
    I'm mostly thinking about the late levels (108-110) where it doesn't matter much whether you're mythic-geared from WoD or not, since most of the leveling gear will have caught up and even surpassed what you're wearing (except fully-upgraded ring and maybe some trinkets).
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals