Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm unsure how you think those online petitions work, but they can't force a person to do something just because a bunch of people signed it.
    Yea you got to triple dog dare them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Any story behind this? oO
    I wish there was an amusing story. It's just that I have seen very little useful conversations to come out of it. It is just another social media where people are free to express themselves. Which, as we've learned over the years, does more harm to intellectualism, than good since people are unfiltered and not held accountable for spreading misinformation or idiocy.

I'm all about free speech, and because I embrace that, I understand that I have the simplest option of avoiding B.S., by simply not sitting around listening to it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    100$ says she'll be raped at least once during the trip and it quite possibly could be the women just as much as the men.

Deleted
    I'm unsure how you think those online petitions work, but they can't force a person to do something just because a bunch of people signed it.
    I don't expect her to go there. This is to show that she is all talk and no action.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I agree with her.

#refugees welcome
    Tell me again how many refugees have you welcomed in your home? None? Hypocrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    But, there are tons of people who welcome the refugees. Why are we targeting her?

This sounds like a childish attempt at vengeance due to something someone said.

"Oh that dog bite isn't so bad"
    "Oh yeah! Well let me bite you then and see how you like it!"

This is what is sounds like to me. Childish.
    No, it's not childish. The problem is that most of these (mostly) women are seeing no problem at all. The dog bite you mentioned does have some disadvantages you just acknowledged that. Most of these people keep telling everyone there's ZERO problems regarding refugees. To a lot of people that sounds more like someone putting their fingers in their ear and start yelling just because they want to be right and don't want a civil discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julrusch View Post
    I don't expect her to go there. This is to show that she is all talk and no action.
    This 100%. I don't even want her to go there because it's dangerous and I don't think she's a bad person, but it's nice that everyone can see she's a hypocrite just like most others going #refugees welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    No, it's not childish. The problem is that most of these (mostly) women are seeing no problem at all. The dog bite you mentioned does have some disadvantages you just acknowledged that. Most of these people keep telling everyone there's ZERO problems regarding refugees. To a lot of people that sounds more like someone putting their fingers in their ear and start yelling just because they want to be right and don't want a civil discussion.
    Fair. But why not either ignore them, or engage them in a debate? Telling them to go live in a camp for a week to see what it's like, isn't really all that productive.

I wish there was an amusing story. It's just that I have seen very little useful conversations to come out of it. It is just another social media where people are free to express themselves. Which, as we've learned over the years, does more harm to intellectualism, than good since people are unfiltered and not held accountable for spreading misinformation or idiocy.

I'm all about free speech, and because I embrace that, I understand that I have the simplest option of avoiding B.S., by simply not sitting around listening to it.
    Ah, I see. Well, not a fan of Twitter either. The 140 sign limit is cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Fair. But why not either ignore them, or engage them in a debate? Telling them to go live in a camp for a week to see what it's like, isn't really all that productive.
    It is, it shows that they can talk big when they don't have to expose themself to any risk but wouldn't expose themself to any real risk in reality. If they don't want to visit the camps, why yell at people they're racists if they don't want them to live in their countries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Tell me again how many refugees have you welcomed in your home? None? Hypocrite.
    This is a straw man. That's like telling someone who advocates for stricter gun laws, "Go to the worst area of Detroit unarmed at 1 AM, and stay there for 24 hours". You don't have to be willing to personally accept a refugee in your home to want your government to accept refugees.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think perhaps if she was someone I took seriously as a ambassador for feminism, who actually has earned the accreditation of highly respected peers, I would understand people's passion behind targeting her.

But to me, she is still a naive young woman who spent her life as an actress who has no weight behind her words. She can say all she wants, but it means nothing.

Honestly, a face to face triple dog dare would probably be more effective.
    Yeah, that's why I think it's less effective form of peer pressure. It's just random voices on the Internet, even if they are numerous. But if you're dared to do something in person, even by a single individual, there is some rapport established by the direct contact. And depending on the kind of relationship you have with that someone, they can tease you and the like until you give in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Ah, I see. Well, not a fan of Twitter either. The 140 sign limit is cancer.
    That too! lol. Can't hold a good, meaningful conversation with 140 characters.

It is really nothing more than Facebook Lite. Which is pointless in my opinion as Facebook isn't all that resource intensive. I just see no purpose for it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qOoFTuv.jpg[IMG]
    all of the terrorists in the paris shootings were european nationals

what's your point here?

No worries, she has spell powers.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    all of the terrorists in the paris shootings were european nationals

what's your point here?
    Yep Muslim euro nationals with refugee cards... that story checks out alright...

10+ Year Old Account
    It is, it shows that they can talk big when they don't have to expose themself to any risk but wouldn't expose themself to any real risk in reality. If they don't want to visit the camps, why yell at people they're racists if they don't want them to live in their countries?
    The way it sounds to me, is this.

The camps are dangerous. Outsiders would be at risk, especially high profile outsiders. So this is a petition to cause harm to someone who has gone against their views. As if a child tells you there is no risk to sticking a fork in the electrical outlet, so instead of engaging in a debate, or educating them, you tell them to go for it, and you let them fry them self, resulting in physical harm, permanent damage, or death.

Doesn't seem like the best course of action for a civilized people.

Deleted
    The way it sounds to me, is this.

The camps are dangerous. Outsiders would be at risk, especially high profile outsiders. So this is a petition to cause harm to someone who has gone against their views. As if a child tells you there is no risk to sticking a fork in the electrical outlet, so instead of engaging in a debate, or educating them, you let them fry them self, resulting in physical harm, permanent damage, or death.

Doesn't seem like the best course of action for a civilized people.
    Engaging in a debate is useless since they will just yell racist back at you while they are in a safe place. Yes I wish harm on people who #welcomerefugees because they are dangerous, they need a dose of reality.

They can get that dose in those camps.

It would be be for the better for society instead of having all these people who talk big at a safe distance from them.
    Last edited by mmoc6507ea012b; 2016-05-25 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engaging in a debate is useless since they will just yell racist back at you while they are in a safe place.
    While that happens in some places, it is still a better option than condemning someone to harm.