Thread: Skinny Shaming

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Angry Skinny Shaming

Hey guys,

I'm a small guy around 5' 10" 130 pounds. All my life i've been made fun of because i'm small. At the gym I get stared at, at the doctor they ask me if i'm eating etc. It seems the media doesn't care if you are skinny. It's all about making fat people feel better, what about us skinny people? I'm a guy but i'd imagine girls get skinny shammed x1000. It's okay to call someone out on being skinny but the moment you call someone fat, you can lose everything. We need to learn to accept skinny people for who they are like we do for fat people.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/7da08c09c...jt4o1_1280.png

http://popspoken.com/wp-content/uplo...ak-600x400.jpg

You look good in a bikini

IMHO, skinny people are sorta white people of body-shaming. No one gives a f about their problems, and they need to check their privilege

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Small? 5'10" is the average for men in the US, and 130lbs is a healthy weight for a male that tall.

Maybe develop a thicker skin?
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

shame all you want.. i would much rather look good than look like a ton of flabbing butter that no one looks at except for those that want to say "daaaaaaamn"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Small? 5'10" is the average for men in the US, and 130lbs is a healthy weight for a male that tall.
    Sounds pretty skinny to me, but I'm 6'5" and 215 sounds like an excellent weight to me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Generic cliched advice - you're always going to too much of something and/or too little of something else in people's eyes, just don't worry about what people think and do what makes you comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    IMHO, skinny people are sorta white people of body-shaming. No one gives a f about their problems, and they need to check their privilege
    Ehhh, I think that is more properly applied to the "I'm too beautiful so everyone hates me" crowd.

People chant:
    Less sexy, more Crisco!

10+ Year Old Account
    skinny shaming doesn't exist
    you making a post about skinny shaming then creates the opporunity for it to exist

starving to death and people having empathy showing their empathy/love towards you by trying to warn you about starvation is not skinny shaming but it is a sign you have mania when you think these delusional thoughts about that they are skinny shaming you

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Sounds pretty skinny to me, but I'm 6'5" and 215 sounds like an excellent weight to me.
    It's on the low end of healthy, but it's there. I'm 5'7" and 120lbs, and that's a healthy weight, too. Really depends on the build of a person as BMI is fairly unreliable, but it's an OK tool to generalize from. 215@6'5" is "barely overweight" by BMI, but if you're a bigger build with some muscle, it's an excellent weight, too.

5'10 and 130 is small, a lot depends on bone structure + muscle tone though.

I went on a few dates with a guy who was 6'5 and 160 lbs, amazingly he did not look like a stick person.

Also, hi Tennisace. :/

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    you making a post about skinny shaming then creates the opporunity for it to exist

starving to death and people having empathy showing their empathy/love towards you by trying to warn you about starvation is not skinny shaming but it is a sign you have mania when you think these delusional thoughts about that they are skinny shaming you
    I hope, you also think that fat-shaming doesn't exist

10+ Year Old Account
    I get skinnyshamed a whole lot.
    I dunno how people changed their minds on that topic. When I first started modeling with 19 I always got compliments like "Oh wow your figure is amazing".
    Now 5 years later ( I actually weight 10 pounds more now) I get called "sick" or get comments like "Oh you are a model? Yeah u look like u have to be anorexic for this."

Sure my BMI (eventho I still think this measure method is bullshit) is on the lower end of the healthy scale but it doesnt change the fact that I am perfectly fine.

I dont care what people say but Im curious how society changed so fast on that matter.

Im btw 6'0 and 139 lbs

10+ Year Old Account
    It's on the low end of healthy, but it's there. I'm 5'7" and 120lbs, and that's a healthy weight, too. Really depends on the build of a person as BMI is fairly unreliable, but it's an OK tool to generalize from. 215@6'5" is "barely overweight" by BMI, but if you're a bigger build with some muscle, it's an excellent weight, too.
    I'm 230 at 6'5", and I'd fall into "barely overweight." Hell, I was examined by a cardiologist last week who, when I took off my shirt, said "Hell, you're not overweight at all!"
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the point is more that men are expected to be pretty well-muscled in NA, that's the beauty standard. That standard will never really have men sitting near the lower end of their healthy body weight.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

if i was the women on facebook i'd be like LOL, 587 chubby lovers/fat whales hating on me, today is a funny day.

Deleted
    Let's go straight for medium-sized shaming, those healthily proportioned bastards have had it far too easy for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post

You are a fucking moron... Don't try and spin your words around to make it sound like you care. Warning skinny people that they could starve is like warning someone they might die if they stop breathing. Best to focus ur attention on all the fat fucks that think they can be fat AND healthy... Or at the very least own your words and don't try to spin them so you can make urself out to be the hero while still being a genuine cunt. Dickhead.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-05-25 at 06:18 PM.

Skinny Shaming haha. I'm skinny and I've never been made fun of. I have had people tell me that they wish they had my metabolism though, and that it must be nice being tall.