Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I do like the idea of rare-only chest enchants, but then you risk making uniques obsolete. Either way there will be a "best" and everyone will use it.
    Well rare chests are supposed to be best while uniques are supposed to be build enabling or niche items. Chest enchants only for rare chests would help balance that out a bit more even if it won't be what it was supposed to at this point.

I guess we will see. I personally don't have a problem with them giving us something to do at end game other than grind red maps, and I fully welcome level 75 lab with open arms. I hope it is endlessly spammable, but I don't have much hope in that. People should wait and see how it works out before they get their panties in a twist, in my opinion. Just from being objective about the other level 75+ content in the game, I fully expect the vast majority of players will never see their 8th ascendancy point in any given league without paying for a carry.
    Agreed, I don't see an issue with it besides the fact that people will feel that the two extra points are mandatory. Other than that, do it or don't, it's just another end game activity after you get your points.

Shrug, I love the lab. Want to know what I hate? Yay, dried lake, too bad I'm 6 levels below the content now, time to do 5-10 runs over the next couple of hours!

The lab provides a place to level up that isn't dried lake spamming so you can stay current. I go to normal lab at 32 and leave at 36, then I can sprint through act 4 without having to worry about levels. The same is true of cruel, and merciless is an end game goal much like lab 4 will be. Until GGG adds more content and removes cruel entirely, I see lab as a necessary piece of content meant to be used for leveling on top of the other benefits it provides as a natural progression of the game. If you would rather skip it and farm the same zone over and over, that's always a choice too. I understand some people find it tedious...I'm not really sure why, it's full of blues and rares, chests give free extra loot, and the traps can basically be completely ignored with a movement skill and quicksilver, but whatever >_>

@Redblade
    I think the biggest reason I would be interested in rare chest enchants is because they would still be hard to farm/rare, presumably, which I think is the balancing factor here. It would certainly open up more economic ideas for people, much like hat enchants kind of do now, though I think GGG needs to work on a lot of these enchants to make them more interesting and get people looking at non-fotm skills.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-05-20 at 09:31 PM.

I think that depends a lot on how you level, I'm pretty much always 4-5 levels below the zone in question when I level so doing lab as normal progression isn't an option due to how overturned it is in normal/cruel. At end game it's just not worth it compared to mapping due to it being level 68 and not providing quant.

I do think it's overtuned on cruel, I think the nerfs on normal were fine. Base Izaro only hits for like 200 on normal and even his cleave is only like 600, as long as you are picking up life as you level you can have 1200 at the early to mid 30s and should be able to tank him fine. Cruel definitely has an issue where you only have 2-2.5k life when you hit him and he already hits for 2-2.5k with cleave so you just die if you screw up at all.

Really, I think they need to just tune down sword Izaro a lot, mace Izaro feels completely fine to me. It's silly that his cleave does twice the damage of his hammer smash when it also has mapwide range and is twice as fast.

Normal is probably fine if you're at the right level, I was talking about 4-5 below the zone which makes him overpowered as fuck compared to other bosses at similar level disadvantage.

Cruel is overtuned no matter what, feels almost the same as merciless with bad gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Normal is probably fine if you're at the right level, I was talking about 4-5 below the zone which makes him overpowered as fuck compared to other bosses at similar level disadvantage.

Cruel is overtuned no matter what, feels almost the same as merciless with bad gear.
    Looks like I was right about the lab fragments dropping for the map owner, even if I got downvoted because people don't like the idea. Honestly not sure if people really expected GGG to let them portal share, imagine feeling like you had to sell all of your remaining portals every time you found a trial in a map.

Looks like I was right about the lab fragments dropping for the map owner, even if I got downvoted because people don't like the idea. Honestly not sure if people really expected GGG to let them portal share, imagine feeling like you had to sell all of your remaining portals every time you found a trial in a map.
    Yeah, I'm still not a fan of the mechanic as we know from past experiences that the trials will probably be very uncommon and "force" us to run through low tier maps just to try and find them, much like we did with master back when they were introduced. At least it's to maker though as, like you said, it would be fucking annoying to be "forced" to sell portals to it.

Yeah, I'm still not a fan of the mechanic as we know from past experiences that the trials will probably be very uncommon and "force" us to run through low tier maps just to try and find them, much like we did with master back when they were introduced. At least it's to maker though as, like you said, it would be fucking annoying to be "forced" to sell portals to it.
    Yeah, I do wonder what "low" means. I assume they mean white maps which doesn't give you a lot of room to grind for exp/good items at high level and still find fragments, which is a shame. I guess they don't want people to just stockpile hundreds of fragments though as they play normally, having them in lower tier maps only might let them be more common and still have the economic impact GGG want.

For me, I spend most of my time in low tier maps anyway because by the time I get level 85 I usually make an alt, so this sounds awesome. But I can see how it would be annoying to get to farming t10s and can't find fragments anymore. At the very least, I doubt they will be super expensive. Atziri sets are only kind of expensive because midnights are rare, but this time around you only need one fragment from any trial to make a lab4, I feel like they can't possibly be very expensive as low level players sell them because running uber lab is too dangerous for their characters.

I'm tentatively excited to farm it myself, I guess we just have to wait and see, but here's to hoping it won't be a huge pain in the ass to get the trials done and find/buy the fragments. What worries me is that lab 4 will be upper level 70s or level 80 like people are speculating, and in turn GGG will make trials extremely rare because it will be such a fantastic place to grind that they will want to make sure fragments are expensive so it doesn't just become the new gorge for rich people.

Yeah, I do wonder what "low" means.
    It's all maps, was confirmed on discord by some dev/Bex.

I'm tentatively excited to farm it myself, I guess we just have to wait and see, but here's to hoping it won't be a huge pain in the ass to get the trials done and find/buy the fragments. What worries me is that lab 4 will be upper level 70s or level 80 like people are speculating, and in turn GGG will make trials extremely rare because it will be such a fantastic place to grind that they will want to make sure fragments are expensive so it doesn't just become the new gorge for rich people.
    Yeah it might be alright to farm but then again if it's as high as 80 then we know it will be rare and as such a pain in the ass to try and farm it.

Additionally, fourth tier "chase" unique items (like Shavronne's Wrappings) have been made rarer than they were in 2.2.0.
    welp shav price is going up again.

It's all maps, was confirmed on discord by some dev/Bex.

Yeah it might be alright to farm but then again if it's as high as 80 then we know it will be rare and as such a pain in the ass to try and farm it.
    Oh nice, should be fun then, even if your build can't handle the lab you can sell them as you come by then, they'll probably be at least a few chaos each. I mean, the rarer it is the more it'll be worth, and it'll be a nice bonus treat for everyone if it drops in all maps, the sort of thing you don't have to worry about but can enjoy when it happens. Hopefully it just doesn't become the kind of thing you go 80 maps in a row without seeing kind of like Zana when you don't have her in your hideout yet.

Oh nice, should be fun then, even if your build can't handle the lab you can sell them as you come by then, they'll probably be at least a few chaos each. I mean, the rarer it is the more it'll be worth, and it'll be a nice bonus treat for everyone if it drops in all maps, the sort of thing you don't have to worry about but can enjoy when it happens. Hopefully it just doesn't become the kind of thing you go 80 maps in a row without seeing kind of like Zana when you don't have her in your hideout yet.
    The problem is...the more rare they are the easier it is for some players to control the market for them. And if they are rare enough that it's easy to control the supply it's even easier to control the prices of the chants. Now if the zone is level 80 on top of this there is even more incentive for market manipulation.

This is a part of the reason I prefer designs that allows us easy access where the reward is more random, at least you're able to apply time to overcome the RNG then instead of being locked down by people manipulating the access items.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2016-05-26 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    My body is ready for Prophecy 2.3

That loadtime improvement...game starts up in 1 second now.

Haven't played this game since the pre-release days. Really need to give it another shot.

That loadtime improvement...game starts up in 1 second now.
    Yea, it's fabulous for me so far. Super smooth, responsive and noticeably quick loading from area to area/character screen.

Really enjoying the league too. The prophecy gimmick so pretty fun- this is closer to what I thought Perandus coins and Div Cards would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Really enjoying the league too. The prophecy gimmick so pretty fun- this is closer to what I thought Perandus coins and Div Cards would be.
    Yeah this seems to be a much better mechanic, far less exploitable than Perandus.

Deleted
    Are anyone else having problems playing after the new patch. I keep getting an error that says "Unable to deserialize packet with pid 3"

Oh my god, i tried to start PoE to see if the boot load time on my HDD was improved as you said and... jeez, 1 second instead of 2 years and a half on HDD and just 30 sec on SSD :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Yes, the load times are much better. Game fires up pretty much instantly now.

Also really liking the Prophecy league, I hope they add something like it into the base game later, it's like little "mini-quests".
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance