Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Yeah, because giving us the message that redemption is always possible, is irrelevant!
    But it is when you do it 5 times in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    But it is when you do it 5 times in a row
    Actually, when you think of it

Due to what magento did on the earth wide scale, he must be responsible for thousands if not millions of deaths (destroying the Sydney Opera House, bridges, building and much more), (I think it was Apocalypse which wiped out Cario and built that temple wasn't it?) Where's the fall out from that???

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Yeah, because giving us the message that redemption is always possible, is irrelevant!
    They've given us that same fucking message in 4 prior movies, so, yes, by the time we get to it in the 5th, is is most definitely irrelevant. Maybe wanna rethink those rolled eyes now, or are you seriously gonna take the stance that repeating that same fucking point over and over again somehow keeps it relevant?

They've given us that same fucking message in 4 prior movies, so, yes, by the time we get to it in the 5th, is is most definitely irrelevant. Maybe wanna rethink those rolled eyes now, or are you seriously gonna take the stance that repeating that same fucking point over and over again somehow keeps it relevant?
    W/e you say man.

Was horrible. I loved First Class and DoFP. Holy hell, they're gonna have to reboot their reboot to get this garbage out of my mind.

X-Men: Days of Past Future Past coming in 2019.

I didn't go in with high expectations, but it wasn't that bad. Sophie Turner's 4th wall joke about "the third one is always the worst" seems to fit the X-Men universe well.

Deleted
    I had Sansa in it

Sansa's hot

i want it to fail. i want it so fail so hard Fox gives the rights back to marvel.
    marvel must have all their stuff back.
    muhahaha.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Eeehhh. It was kinda terrible despite a few cool moments. Overall it felt like more along the lines of the first 3 X-Men movies- the ones before First Class. Which is not a good thing as those films were terrible wastes of the source material. That's what this felt like, a waste of concept in all manner.

Olivia Munn pulled off one of the most successful costume adaptations ever though. Applause for the degree of confidence it took to do that truly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    i want it to fail. i want it so fail so hard Fox gives the rights back to marvel.
    marvel must have all their stuff back.
    muhahaha.
    I'll go see it but I want it to fail for the same reason as you.

I am not even sure how to rate this movie, everything felt so damn average. on the one hand it was not as bad as i thought it would be but on the other its a million miles from what i was hoping.

The best thing about the whole movie was the opening music score at the pyramids, some off the slow motion scenes seemed decent at first but at the end off that sequence i just felt like it was over done.

Apocalypse was ok but dammit i wanted more of him stomping people and calling them "insect" again i just feel it could of been done so much better.

Things i Def 100% did not like was the new Jean grey, as much as Sansa is fine in Got, she just seems so damn crap and her pressence or style of Jean was horrid.

Psylocke as well, her performance seemed fine but my main issue was with the costume, i am for slutty looking chicks but her costume just looked tacky, i'm not sure if it was the fabric or texture they used but it just seemed to me to cry out Cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    Psylocke as well, her performance seemed fine but my main issue was with the costume, i am for slutty looking chicks but her costume just looked tacky, i'm not sure if it was the fabric or texture they used but it just seemed to me to cry out Cheap.
    I thought all the bad guy's costumes were a bit silly. I couldn't help but laugh to myself with the way Apocalypse recruited them and then in the very next scene he magically gave them this evil leather bad guy outfit. He's an ancient "God" re-awoken to rule the world and his first priority on recruiting his harbingers is to give them a cool emo-goth costume and a new hairstyle? Is that one of his powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I thought all the bad guy's costumes were a bit silly. I couldn't help but laugh to myself with the way Apocalypse recruited them and then in the very next scene he magically gave them this evil leather bad guy outfit. He's an ancient "God" re-awoken to rule the world and his first priority on recruiting his harbingers is to give them a cool emo-goth costume and a new hairstyle? Is that one of his powers?
    I agree. I was also somewhat irritated by how easily Apocalypses plan to "merge" with Professor X could have succeeded. One way would be Magneeto doing that magnet shield or whatever around the pyramid instead of around himself and trying to destroy the planet alone. Silly.

Off Topic though, trying to read about the various superheroes in the marvel universe is so confusing, all this timetraveling/alternative universes, sheesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    I agree.
    I mean, I know it's a bit of petty complaint, the outfit thing, but it really took me out of the movie when I found myself unable to take it seriously any more! Usually, it's a lot more subtle... they find jumpsuits or make combat suits that look comicbook-esque... fine, fine, but just the way they instantly without explanation got restyled into cool bad guy outfits xD

And Apocalypse seemed to take a weird creepy amount of attention on Angel in particular, haha.

The whole thing with Magneto messing with the planet was all a bit weird in general. Surely priority one should have been to use his strongest minion to stop the X-men and let him transfer into Charles. Once he'd done that, he'd won, there was plenty time to destroy the world later. But I guess questioning Villain motivations can go on forever in this kind of film, and it's not meant to be analyzed that deeply, so I let it slide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'll go see it but I want it to fail for the same reason as you.
    If you think Fox will give away Xmen because they failed one movie out of three these past years you are dreaming.
    FC and DOFP are the best Xmen out there and did more than well.

Psylocke was so underused it was almost infuriating.
    Also, how come Magneto gets to walk away after supposedly killing a lot of people and causing destruction of epic proportions?

"Meh."

It had its moments...and it certainly wasn't terrible...but something just felt off about it. I can't really put my finger on it. All the elements were there, it just didn't come together in a very satisfying result. I guess I wish they had "the X-Men" together for more than a week before throwing them against Apocalypse. Speaking of...seems rather pointless for a dude that can disintegrate people with his mind to go around recruiting more muscle. I know it was probably more for his ego than anything, but they didn't really go into that very much.

On a side note, it was pretty funny seeing Olivia Munn in her best Psylocke cosplay while literally everyone else in the movie was wearing their standard issue super-sweet leather jumpsuits. Not that I mind her costume...

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Also, how come Magneto gets to walk away after supposedly killing a lot of people and causing destruction of epic proportions?
    The excuse would probably be something along the lines of "Well, they did show that news report that said he helped stop Apocalypse. So all is forgiven."
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2016-05-28 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

The excuse would probably be something along the lines of "Well, they did show that news report that said he helped stop Apocalypse. So all is forgiven."
    Reminds me a lot of the ending of Warlords of Draenor with Grommash actually

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "Meh."

It had its moments...and it certainly wasn't terrible...but something just felt off about it. I can't really put my finger on it. All the elements were there, it just didn't come together in a very satisfying result. I guess I wish they had "the X-Men" together for more than a week before throwing them against Apocalypse. Speaking of...seems rather pointless for a dude that can disintegrate people with his mind to go around recruiting more muscle. I know it was probably more for his ego than anything, but they didn't really go into that very much.

On a side note, it was pretty funny seeing Olivia Munn in her best Psylocke cosplay while literally everyone else in the movie was wearing their standard issue super-sweet leather jumpsuits. Not that I mind her costume...

Agree. It was good, not great. Nothing we haven't seen before but it wasn't a bad movie. Some things I really enjoyed, like Quicksilver (of course) and Sophie Turner as Jean Grey. Kind of surprised me since I don't care much for her on GoT (maybe it's just her character I don't like ). There was very little point to the movie other than killing Havoc and Angel I guess. Magneto does bad. Charles and Mystique talk him down. A team comes together. Rinse, repeat. The ending would have been better if Magneto had actually chosen to stay this time and be an X-men.

Also, what's the deal with having to explain every character's hair style/color?
    Last edited by TheSweetness; 2016-05-29 at 03:16 AM.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for it on Redbox. Apoccy in the 90's cartoon is a more threatening villain. The writing in the cartoon series was arguably better than this movie, too.