Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    This is something I'd like to have more discussion on, but this thread isn't the place. The EU is essentially the inverse of what the US had when we first founded the country under the articles of confederation in that you have a unified currency, but separate legislative and executive branches (the US had unified weak legislative and executive branches, but no unified currency from 1776-1788)
    Unified currency? O_o We still have the Swedish Krona in Sweden. People voted no to the euro in a referendum. People here want less EU, not more.

Yeah........this doesn't work.

There is a world of difference between announcing someone is spending a week in a migrant camp without guards and someone famous is spending a week in a migrant camp without guards.

Announcing that Emma Watson is going to be spending a week anywhere without any security staff is a huge risk. Not specifically from migrants, but all kinds of stalkers and wierdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    This is something I'd like to have more discussion on, but this thread isn't the place. The EU is essentially the inverse of what the US had when we first founded the country under the articles of confederation in that you have a unified currency, but separate legislative and executive branches (the US had unified weak legislative and executive branches, but no unified currency from 1776-1788)
    Honestly, the EU is a bunch of special snowflakes. You could kick every last refugee out of Europe right now and they would just go right back to casting stones at each other over petty BS just like they have been for the last 2500 years or so.

Emma Watson is one of the more cool-headed feminists out there. I don't understand the hate.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Honestly, the EU is a bunch of special snowflakes. You could kick every last refugee out of Europe right now and they would just go right back to casting stones at each other over petty BS just like they have been for the last 2500 years or so.
    Scapegoats - serving a distraction for those in power since the beginning of time.

So the States should start taking in refugees but we only bring them in from the south and they have to live in the south for 1 year before they can move north.

The ones that don't behave you wont have to worry about exporting back. The ones that do can move north.

We will take good care of your refugees. http://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpR...xAAM/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Emma Watson is one of the least crazy feminists out there these days. I don't know why people keep attacking her when she's going around repeatedly acknowledging that Feminism is often seen as man-hating and that it needs to accommodate and include men in its movement too.
    She's a speaker and nothing more. If you want to look at it cynically, she was chosen for her fame during the Harry Potter's endings.

There are plenty of feminist "scholars" or "intellectuals" that people could and should probably be going after instead.

Leave Hermione alone.
    She's still crazy. She sits and claims these non issues in the first world are issues when in fact women in the the US, Canada, UK, and EU(for the most part) have it better than men. So yes I support the OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You're wrong.
    That's the 4327th time, so by now it doesn't surprise anyone.

So what?
    If you can't see the issue with it I only hope you live long enough for the fun to start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Every security agency has said they don't know who is coming in and they can't verify them....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So what?
    So glad we have guns in America - and people willing to deal with the "so what?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    So glad we have guns in America - and people willing to deal with the "so what?"
    Never ever let them be taken from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    She's still crazy. She sits and claims these non issues in the first world are issues when in fact women in the the US, Canada, UK, and EU(for the most part) have it better than men. So yes I support the OP.
    Do you mind expanding on this point? Hollywood is really the only place with a true income gap from what I have seen of the research. I agree that there is no systemic discrimination against women in the first word (for the most part, I'm very much on the fence about abortion since there is more than one life at stake, again a different discussion for a different thread), but I disagree that women have it better than men in the first world. There are a ton of social norms that we are still working towards eradicating that aren't enacted in the law...

Who is this woman?

i wonder how open Europe would be if the refugees were from the US deep south.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I agree with "From my cold dead hands" mentality, but what proof do you have that a vast majority of immigrants are evil? Most criminality stems from socio-economic factors...

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a slight similarity here.

It's not the responsible gun owners who cause the issue, it is the small minority of ignorant criminals.

It's not the responsible refugees who cause the issue, it is the small minority of ignorant criminals.

Just a thought, nothing serious there. Discuss it if you wish.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Well, this is one way to finally find an Emma Watson gangbang video on Redtube.
    One can dream man, one can dream
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    "I haz muh bible and muh Colt 45!"

"Uhh... yeah... no... White Privilege says we can't accept you..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Since we have similar laws, and similar culture, I think it would be fine. The only real debate that would occur, would be that of gun ownership. Otherwise, our southerners are not too different than anyone else in a civilized country.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Who is this woman?
    Emma Watson?

Hermoine on Harry Potter.

Do you live under a rock? Or maybe just not good with names?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    There is a slight similarity here.

It's not the responsible gun owners who cause the issue, it is the small minority of ignorant criminals.

It's not the responsible refugees who cause the issue, it is the small minority of ignorant criminals.

Just a thought, nothing serious there. Discuss it if you wish.
    That is far more than a slight similarity. That is the stem of the issue. The thing is that most people that agree with responsible gun ownership in the US are like m-minded individuals with similar backgrounds. Immigrants speak a different language, believe in the same delusion with a different name for the deity, and look different. Unfortunately this makes all immigrants a no-go for some people...