Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I think Ishgard's inn has a certain charm to it - other than the lack of chairs around the tables. I do hope they make a lot of the furniture displayed within Fortemps Manor available to players though. As an aside, I do wonder what the lore justification will be. How is Aymeric going to save face by allowing adventurers and outsiders to live in Ishgard when there's countless Ishgardians living pitiful lives within the forgotten corners of the city?
    Or they can just set the housing in the Sea of Clouds ...

Instanced personal islands!!! HO!!!!!

*cough* Sorry about that.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Still don't think you're getting the equivalent of an entire Ward to yourself, SC.

But, as the poet once said...

DON'T STOP!
    BELIEEEEVING!
    HOLD ON TO THAT FEEEELIIIIING!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Have you seen the Ishgard Inn room?
    I was wondering what went through SE's head when they designed that and whether it's some indication of how "rotten" or "cold" the Ishgard wards will look.
    Well, The Forgotten Knight is basically part of the Brume, the most worn and decrepit part of Ishgard. The rooms there are less a luxury and more along the lines of something that keeps you from freezing to death at night. Actually, I kinda take that back. Not freezing to death at night would be a luxury for the people living there.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Or they can just set the housing in the Sea of Clouds ...

Instanced personal islands!!! HO!!!!!

*cough* Sorry about that.
    Floating City of Nym would be my choice for housing in the sky.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Well, The Forgotten Knight is basically part of the Brume, the most worn and decrepit part of Ishgard. The rooms there are less a luxury and more along the lines of something that keeps you from freezing to death at night. Actually, I kinda take that back. Not freezing to death at night would be a luxury for the people living there.
    If anything, I would suspect any sort of residential district for players to be attached to/part of the Pillars.

Although having it in a not-so-shiny and nice part of a city, such as an offshoot of the Brume, would be interesting in a way, simply due to how much of a contrast it would be compared to the other player housing districts. I don't expect that to happen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You could always try Wildstar!
    The idea of housing amongst floating islands off in the Sea of Clouds somewhere had occurred to me many months ago when I made a brief foray into Wildstar. Wouldn't be a terrible idea, least on the surface. Still think we'll see such housing in Ishgard first before we would see it in the Sea of Clouds.

I think Rift has about the best housing solution you can imagine. Granted, a lot of other parts of the game are not great, but the housing and level of customization is simply amazing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Still don't think you're getting the equivalent of an entire Ward to yourself, SC.

But, as the poet once said...

DON'T STOP!
    BELIEEEEVING!
    HOLD ON TO THAT FEEEELIIIIING!
    Well ... Spatially it's possible. What's wrong with asking for a room with skybox textures for the walls.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Well ... Spatially it's possible. What's wrong with asking for a room with skybox textures for the walls.
    We discussed this! I changed it to "special space" with my typo. So it is written, so shall it be!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    The idea of housing amongst floating islands off in the Sea of Clouds somewhere had occurred to me many months ago when I made a brief foray into Wildstar. Wouldn't be a terrible idea, least on the surface. Still think we'll see such housing in Ishgard first before we would see it in the Sea of Clouds.
    Even if SE goes with the current ward system, Sea of Clouds would make more sense than Ishgard.

For one it's less depressing. Better weather. Better view, an endless sea of clouds (literally) v.s. homeless people in the Brume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I think Rift has about the best housing solution you can imagine. Granted, a lot of other parts of the game are not great, but the housing and level of customization is simply amazing.
    It's such a pity those games aren't my thing when it comes to combat or aesthetics.

I have little to no "connection" with my character nor the game world. :/

I tried. I really did.

Got to hand it to SE when it comes to world building.

Even if SE goes with the current ward system, Sea of Clouds would make more sense than Ishgard.

For one it's less depressing. Better weather. Better view, an endless sea of clouds (literally) v.s. homeless people in the Brume.
    Even if compared against a theoretical housing district in the Pillars, I agree that a Sea of Clouds district would be neater (and more preferrable) to see, aesthetics wise.

Heck, between the Clouds, Pillars, and even something Brume-ish, that's 3 potential player/fc housing areas that could be implemented. Some people just simply want some sort of house they can call their own, location be damned (I'm not one of those folks...I'm content chilling at our FC's house).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So ... 3.3 in two weeks (6th 7th of June 2016; edit:24h maintenance) ...

I'm not going to be able to get a house am I ...

The servers will be swamped. Or I will be busy.

/sigh

/currently having a depressive episode
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-05-27 at 01:04 AM.

So ... 3.3 in two weeks (6th of June 2016) ...

I'm not going to be able to get a house am I ...

The servers will be swamped. Or I will be busy.

/sigh

/currently having a depressive episode
    Mate I'm on Cerberus EU which is one of the largest EU along with Odin, Phoenix and Ragnarok. Servers will be on at 10am GMT and 7th is a day off for me. I WILL be getting the small house . Yeah decided on small since a house is a house at the end of the day plus I don't want to be broke when it comes to furnishings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Mate I'm on Cerberus EU
    WoooT... me too.

Still thinking about a nice little house in Lavender Beds.

Quote Originally Posted by granyala View Post
    wooot... Me too. :d

still thinking about a nice little house in lavender beds.
    Stay away from my beds! .

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay away from my beds! .
    Wouldn't dream of trampling on your flowers, don't worry.

Wouldn't dream of trampling on your flowers, don't worry.
    Tbh if I end up going Goblet I will still be disappointed I didn't get the ward I was after but happy I got a house. But yeah will be camping outside just before servers go down. If there are 240 new ones per ward should be 80 small ones I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meeh, Goblet is sooo ugly.

Meeh, Goblet is sooo ugly.
    Indeed. But like I said house is a house at the end of the day. Will be camping out in Lavender Beds and the moment the server is up I'll be in and getting my whatever grade small plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. But like I said house is a house at the end of the day. Will be camping out in Lavender Beds and the moment the server is up I'll be in and getting my whatever grade small plot.
    Good luck a friend and I did that on jenova and still lost due to login Swarm(we were literally RIGHT in front if it and it got bought just as we logged in..camped that shit for almost a week) to those who don't know jenova wad one of the glitches servers that didn't have houses reclaimed right

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Good luck a friend and I did that on jenova and still lost due to login Swarm(we were literally RIGHT in front if it and it got bought just as we logged in..camped that shit for almost a week) to those who don't know jenova wad one of the glitches servers that didn't have houses reclaimed right
    I intend to camp inside right next to the exit see how that goes. Supposedly faster load times if you are inside as well and yes you can bet your behind I'm tryharding this .