Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    To all the *insert what im thinking here* people saying, "don't do lfr if you don't want to", "what does this matter", "how does this effect you "and all the other usual stuff.

Putting the best possible set bonusses in LFR forces LFR on everyone, the legendary already did this with alts, tier gear is another slap ontop of that. Yes my main will most probably not need to do this unless very bad RNG in mainraids but my alts will to stay as up to daet as possible. I don't wanna do the same content 4x a week but it will force me to do so to stay competative. It's just another slap in the face to the serious raiding scene that Blizzard has shit on for years now starting with dragon soul.

I ask you this, what do you need a good set bonus for if non of the content you will ever engage in requiered anything close to it? Raiders need to do it to stay competative as everyone will feel this way.

That being said, nothing is set in stone.
    It doesn't force people in LFR, but it makes it easier them, and it's would probably be silly not to take advantage of it. Do we know that there won't be other incentives for doing higher difficulty raids yet? Also, don't you think that set bonuses can have a powerful impact on a classes meta? A reasonable argument for including the set bonuses in LFR is that it allowed easier entry to more competitive settings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    There's a big difference between "can" and "will."
    Is it?

Even taking that out the base ilv gear ignoring set bonuses for the moment is higher then anything in the world but world bosses. This is blizzard actively dismantling and setting a expiration date on world content to roughly four to six weeks...

I don't get the excitement this is the raid or die system people despised just with tier...

Deleted
    As long as lfr is time locked like it was in WoD I see no problem with tier in lfr

Tbh the LFR recolor's are sometimes way better than the heroic versions back before mythic came around

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I can see mythic+ dungeons now "LFM, 4/4 required, no tier, no invite"
    Considering LFR makes it that much easier to get tier, that is a perfectly reasonable request.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    It doesn't force people in LFR, but it makes it easier them, and it's would probably be silly not to take advantage of it. Do we know that there won't be other incentives for doing higher difficulty raids yet? Also, don't you think that set bonuses can have a powerful impact on a classes meta? A reasonable argument for including the set bonuses in LFR is that it allowed easier entry to more competitive settings.
    Unless normal mode gets a huge step up from the state it is in now I don't see why it would possibly need to be made any easier then it already is to get in to raiding.
    It does force the hardcore and semi-hardcore RAIDERS in to LFR unless they wanna struggle more then needed and lose ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    To all the *insert what im thinking here* people saying, "don't do lfr if you don't want to", "what does this matter", "how does this effect you "and all the other usual stuff.

Putting the best possible set bonusses in LFR forces LFR on everyone, the legendary already did this with alts, tier gear is another slap ontop of that. Yes my main will most probably not need to do this unless very bad RNG in mainraids but my alts will to stay as up to date. I don't wanna do the same content 4x a week but it will force me to do so to stay compatetive. It's just another slap in the face to the serious raiding scene that Blizzard has shit on for years now starting with dragon soul.

I ask you this, what do you need a good set bonus for if non of the content you will ever engage in requiered anything close to it? Raiders need to do it to stay competative as everyone will feel this way.

That being said, nothing is set in stone.
    So many stupid points in this post. People today do normal/heroic infinitely more times to get Tier than they would with LFR. If you are good enough to raid mythic on main, you should damn well be able to do heroic on alt. How does your 5 alts not being geared keeps you from being competitive? And as I said before, you can do Heroic raiding with the alts to gear them instead today, so it is the same, just takes less time with LFR.

They might need a good set bonus to tackle mythic dungeons, here is your need for a bonus through LFR.

Note: I've had my fair share of Heroic raids back in Cata and MoP before Mythic difficulty. I understand that ppl need to stay competitive to play but hey, I downed Lei shen HC and Ragnaros HC, Lei shen HC I didn't even have 4P you know? Yet I didn't beg blizz to make LFR loot shitty as fuck so that no one can get anything even remotely useful out of it just because I would feel forced to do LFR (Which well... I didn't because I am not a world first guild, and neither are you)

Look at Gurthalak the lfr blue version is the best one beats the yellow/red version and the heroic purple version

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    2 Weeks for first wing. And it's already bad enough being forced to LFR for Valor...
    LOL, you must have never stepped foot in Heroic HFC! Otherwise you would be running Mythic Dungeons to maximize valor for the week. Nor is there any rush to even do that, hell I have been capped on valor for 3 months with nada to spend it on.

Further, valor will disappear again until the last tier of Legion when they are yet again trying to keep us playing same tier for 12+ months.

Too many people forget Blizzard uses tier bonuses to cover up glaring holes in specific specs. For example there would be zero mages playing Frost in HFC if it wasn't for 4pc tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    This is blizzard actively dismantling and setting a expiration date on world content to roughly four to six weeks...

I don't get the excitement this is the raid or die system people despised just with tier...
    No it isn't.

I don't think this would make dungeons or world content irrelevant.

You can apparently get pretty high level gear from World Quests on occasion, and while we don't know exactly what it means, Mythic Plus dungeons are being set up as an "alternate or addition" to end-game gearing, so I mean, it is entirely possible we'll see the tier sets coming from a multitude of sources, though I don't know for sure of course.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    No running LFR on top doing the normal raid progression, is something I don't want to do ever again, keystones gives you up to mythic quality gear, not tier gear. And of course isn't watered down snooze fest contet
    Then don't do it. Your guild, or you must be lacking a few important brain cells if you think you NEED the LFR tier in order to complete Mythic. WAKE UP PEOPLE, YOU AREN'T METHOD OR PARAGON THAT NEEDS TO GET WORLD FIRST.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Is it?

Even taking that out the base ilv gear ignoring set bonuses for the moment is higher then anything in the world but world bosses. This is blizzard actively dismantling and setting a expiration date on world content to roughly four to six weeks...

Dont World quest rewards scale with player ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    So many stupid points in this post. People today do normal/heroic infinitely more times to get Tier than they would with LFR. If you are good enough to raid mythic on main, you should damn well be able to do heroic on alt. How does your 5 alts not being geared keeps you from being competitive? And as I said before, you can do Heroic raiding with the alts to gear them instead today, so it is the same, just takes less time with LFR.

They might need a good set bonus to tackle mythic dungeons, here is your need for a bonus through LFR.

Note: I've had my fair share of Heroic raids back in Cata and MoP before Mythic difficulty. I understand that ppl need to stay competitive to play but hey, I downed Lei shen HC and Ragnaros HC, Lei shen HC I didn't even have 4P you know? Yet I didn't beg blizz to make LFR loot shitty as fuck so that no one can get anything even remotely useful out of it just because I would feel forced to do LFR (Which well... I didn't because I am not a world first guild, and neither are you)
    Ok lets break this down.

Normal and heroic have a loot lockout, if the items I need do not drop, in this case tiergear, I will need to do LFR, if the items are better on one of my other raiders and ergo they should get the heroic/normal version over me, I will need to do LFR. So yes I will need to do LFR on my alts at the very least to make sure they stay up to date because it is VERY possible to go weeks without seeing a certain piece drop, most likely vanquisher as per usual. This only won't be a factor if LFR is delayed more then it was now or the chance is there, and the chance should be not be there period.

I don't see it being needed to do mythic dungeons in the state they are in now.

You downed lei shen hc and ragnaros hc, congratulations these are two feats to be proud off (no sarcasm). That said only IF you did it prior to the next tier and prior to the big nerfs. If this is not the case then grats but its irrelevent you did it without a 4P, it also entirely depends on the class you were playing then but whatever.

Then don't do it. Your guild, or you must be lacking a few important brain cells if you think you NEED the LFR tier in order to complete Mythic. WAKE UP PEOPLE, YOU AREN'T METHOD OR PARAGON THAT NEEDS TO GET WORLD FIRST.
    Hah, world first taking more than 5 weeks, yea right. This is literally stupid people crying for stupid reason, much like changing Spec costing gold, just ignore the idiots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Dont World quest rewards scale with player ilvl?
    To a extent they seem to cap at 835 least at the moment.

Actually, you don't have to be in top guilds to want to keep up. To get better chances to get into pug you must equip yourself with the best possible gears. If you get left behind then it's hard to get into successful pug later because they will set a really high requirement which you simply miss the chance to get. I did that by not doing LFR in WoD but with this new change, I will have to do LFR to get tier pieces.

I think this is a good change. There was literally no reason at all to run HFC LFR with Baleful gear present. If they don't make LFR gear special in some way, no one will do it. If you're a normal raider, you might now be willing to hop into LFR to finish out your 4pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great. LFR is mandatory for real raiders again.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.