Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Then again how does that change anything vs what we are seeing today or through any of the expansions? If someone desperately has to have everything available at all times then he will have to do both PvE and PvP, while either option is more than OK if you're generally sane.
    It makes it worse.

What you are saying is the equivalent of "people have always been killing people, so giving everyone more options to kill people is fine" (I'd have used a less dramatic phrase, but I am coming up short at the moment, it's just to illustrate the issue in reasoning).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    Blizzard struggle 24/7 with PVE items in PVP but it's obvious that WOW is PVE game and PVP is just small activity like pet battles etc which means nothing. And it's ok when PVE items is involved in PVP. This attracts more players to this activity. But it's absolutly another story with PVP items in PVE. It's not ok when activity like PVP or pet battles give advantage in PVE. According to bluepost you can faceroll 2-3 heroicraid-quality items every week in PVP and even mythic-quality if you take this activity seriously...
    world of warcraft is not pve
    before they knew how to make a server for warcraft
    the game was designed in a way for it to be a horde vs alliance
    they wanted pvp but didn't have anyway to design it as pvp yet so instead it was humans vs orcs ect..

Blizzard struggle 24/7 with PVE items in PVP but it's obvious that WOW is PVE game and PVP is just small activity like pet battles etc which means nothing. And it's ok when PVE items is involved in PVP. This attracts more players to this activity. But it's absolutly another story with PVP items in PVE. It's not ok when activity like PVP or pet battles give advantage in PVE. According to bluepost you can faceroll 2-3 heroicraid-quality items every week in PVP and even mythic-quality if you take this activity seriously...
    I'm not sure how PvP gear will work in terms of bracket scaling, or if it will stay what it is (870?). I wouldn't jump the gun yet, since the beta is still active.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP gear working in PVE is just dumb again. It creates so many problems and complaints.

PVP Gear should come as heroic dungeon item level, but when you zone into an Arena or BG it should scale up to be better then mythic PVE and higher, depending on your rating.

+No more PVE gear in PVP, as PVP gear is always better for PVP

+No more PVP gear in PVE, as PVP gear is low item level outside of arenas/bg

Therefore, you never feel forced to do something you don't want to, nobody ever gets an unfair advantage and content cant be skipped with welfare pvp in later seasons.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    It's simple logic. PVE encounters don't change. PVP encounters rarely are exactly the same. After 1000 times killing a raid boss you can do it by memory without any effort. After 1000 of the same PvP matchups it doesn't mean you are guaranteed to win the 1001th. The difficulty to reach a certain point might be similar but holding it is way easier in PvE.
    Pve encounters stay the same, yet still take sometimes hundreds of pulls to get right. Even for best of the best.

If you happen to be first one to win arena match on a season, you are highest ranked player. It doesnt take much skill, eh?

The complaints from PVE players will force them to give up on this decision. Fortunately PVP players need to root on PVE players for this to happen so both sides can end up with a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I thought what he said was correct, what's he missing?
    The fact that having more chances at drops is better than having less, and with the first rated pvp win awarding a guaranteed piece each week, you can bet that for the first few weeks raiders will feel obligated to pvp so they can leverage that gear for their progression. Are they going to spend all expansion farming BGs for upgrades? Nope, and no one ever said that. No one even implied it, and the guy I'm trying to help is too narrowminded to understand what I'm talking about.

This has happened before, with raiders doing random BGs to get weapons in the first few weeks of raiding progression, back when they first added welfare epics and didn't have a minimum requirement for them. BG weapons were never as good as raid weapons... but they were more easily available, and that's the key here.

What else do you think players are going to do when they've exhuasted their chances at raid loot each week? Just log off? Or go get that guaranteed drop from pvp? Remember, it doesn't have to be BiS to be better than an empty slot or quest gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    No one even implied it, and the guy I'm trying to help is too narrowminded to understand what I'm talking about.
    You got absolutely zero clue what you are talking about and in the process you are even accidentally trolling people.

BG GEAR = 810 ILVL
    HC DUNGEON GEAR = 810 ILVL

Then there is raid/lfr/crafted/world quest gear above 810

Rated gives normal raid equivalent only above 1700 and nothing hints at giving anything below 1700.

Now knowing all that, which i have already posted in the previous page, tell me how you are forced to do pvp when you can get much better gear in all your slots via all the other ways.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that 2 Random BGs were considered in the early conversation of this post shocks me. With that being said, PVP weapons have always been a helpful way to gear up alts, from TBC till WOD.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

yes adding mythic-quality items which affects pve-race to activity like pet battles or pvp is very BAD thing...
    Street crime is a very bad thing. Drug addiction is a very bad thing.

Offering prizes in a video game can never be worse than "not how I would have done it".

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Christ, you pve'ers really just have to have your way in everything, don't you?

Btw, PvP is completely dead anyways.

I don't think so. PvP gear will have random stats, so there will be greater chances of getting sub optimal stats on pvp gear, and you need to be around gladiator rating to get the highest ilvl pvp gear which is 890 or 900 I believe, while mythic raid gear from the first tier will be 905.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I don't think so. PvP gear will have random stats, so there will be greater chances of getting sub optimal stats on pvp gear, and you need to be around gladiator rating to get the highest ilvl pvp gear which is 890 or 900 I believe, while mythic raid gear from the first tier will be 905.
    i think it will all be in relation to time allocation. If PVP will give you better gear than PVE content you can do you will do PVP simple. You dont have to but you will if you want gear over fun. If you want fun you wil find another way. There is like 4 ways to obtain loot: Pvp, world quests, dungeons and raids.

Op talking out his ass...nothing is forced .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and never once have I found myself "forced into PvP" as a PvE player.
    Thats not complete true
    Remebmer Pandaria ...
    But ya i found that topic strange isually PvPers complaint that they are forced to do PvE

I rather like my PvP gear and PvE gear separate... as far as making PvP gear lower iLvl but scale in PvP i never understood

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and never once have I found myself "forced into PvP" as a PvE player.
    Then you weren't doing alot of what you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Then you weren't doing alot of what you should be.
    Hear, hear!

You know, I was never that kind of whacko.

Deleted
    Pvp reward gear with random stats in legion. No set bonus or anything. I'm 100% sure pve is way better regarding gearing up...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    He means weekly cooldowns. PVP increases your chances to get gear, etc.

But it's going to be the other way around, PVPers having to PVE - because of ilvls per effort.
    If someone raids and gets the most possible gear from raids that week the only option to increase the power of your character is to PvP