Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So we are back to MoP raid or die instead of WoD raid or die. Maybe lesser evil is better but hmph...
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Personally I'm all for this coming back as a casualized raider, PuGing sucks major dick.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think this is a good change. There was literally no reason at all to run HFC LFR with Baleful gear present. If they don't make LFR gear special in some way, no one will do it. If you're a normal raider, you might now be willing to hop into LFR to finish out your 4pc.
    That's what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh LFR raid finder ilvl for Nighthold 835. Which is the same ilvl you get from world quests as soon as you've gotten an ilvl of 825 (which will happen fast). Meanwhile when you get to 835, world quests scale up to 845; we do not know if the same is true for LFR though.
    and considering LFR doesn't open till what a month into the expansion, and it's like 3 bosses only for a couple weeks, non raiders aren't going to get many pieces from it. By the time they do it'll be several months and 5 zones get boring after a while.

As long as the LFR encounters are as engaging as DS LFR. I think I will spend some downtime in LFR for sh!ts and giggles. MOP LFR was a horrible experience that got progressively worst throughout the expansion.

I like the base item level on the lfr gear. World quest rewards have a chance to roll 885 Titanforged from 840+ rewards. 875, if it has a chance to upgrade can hit upwards to 925+ PVE set perks arent punished in world pvp. AND... there are alot of world pvp quests. I'm currently counting 4 FFA PVP areas. 1 of which, is mounted pvp. 2nd has surrounding hazards. big dudes throwing rocks with an aoe telegraph stun. 2 open arena areas and FFA open quest area where you grind honor token for additional prestige outside of queing.

I want to see some epic pvp gear; seeing as 875 is the LFR gear range. 900ilevel = the 10% attribution cap. Hopefully, epic pvp gear is ~900.

This beta is much better than Warlords of Draenor. The anxiety I get to see how things will plays out is pretty exciting.
    Last edited by Wallmaker Yahzarah; 2016-05-25 at 06:28 PM.

hmm 875 lfr, so we're looking at 890 normal, 905 heroic, 920 mythic.

People crying "...but it leads to burnout faster"....oh really?
    So, running Normal to gear for Heroic to gear for Mythic doesn't
    lead to burnout, c'mon now...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Actually, you don't have to be in top guilds to want to keep up. To get better chances to get into pug you must equip yourself with the best possible gears. If you get left behind then it's hard to get into successful pug later because they will set a really high requirement which you simply miss the chance to get. I did that by not doing LFR in WoD but with this new change, I will have to do LFR to get tier pieces.
    Yeah because people don't ask for Curve to pug Heroic, right? Not to mention that LFR gear was shitty as fuck in terms of dps compared to normal + gear. Give better arguments please. You can get into pugs/guilds by showing that you can play. Tier sets on LFR won't make it harder or easier to join normal/heroic pug runs or a guild. If anything, by getting the gear a guild might accept you more easily as you show dedication to gear to the best of your ability in order to earn a spot in a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Great. LFR is mandatory for real raiders again.
    Nope, real raiders can raid without LFR pieces. Been there done that back in Cataclysm. Nothing world shattering my dear 'real raider'.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    As long as the LFR encounters are as engaging as DS LFR. I think I will spend some downtime in LFR for sh!ts and giggles. MOP LFR was a horrible experience that got progressively worst throughout the expansion.

I like the base item level on the lfr gear. World quest rewards have a chance to roll 885 Titanforged from 840+ rewards. 875, if it has a chance to upgrade can hit upwards to 925+ PVE set perks arent punished in world pvp. AND... there are alot of world pvp quests. I'm currently counting 4 FFA PVP areas. 1 of which, is mounted pvp. 2nd has surrounding hazards. big dudes throwing rocks with an aoe telegraph stun. 2 open arena areas and FFA open quest area where you grind honor token for additional prestige outside of queing.

I want to see some epic pvp gear; seeing as 875 is the LFR gear range. 900ilevel = the 10% attribution cap. Hopefully, epic pvp gear is ~900.
    yeh i doubt raid gear can roll +50 ilvl's like 5mans/world quests.

otherwise we're looking at 970 ilvl, end boss 980 ilvl for the first tier seems extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think this is a good change. There was literally no reason at all to run HFC LFR with Baleful gear present. If they don't make LFR gear special in some way, no one will do it. If you're a normal raider, you might now be willing to hop into LFR to finish out your 4pc.
    This was part of why they nerfed lfr in WoD, so that normal + raiders wouldn't feel the need to run lfr for set bonuses etc. Doesn't affect me either way though, I'll be playing Legion but I'm burnt out on raiding so won't be doing that regardless of what happens with LFR.

As a Mythic raider I would love for lfr to drop tier.

To several people in this thread arguing that LFR containing tier makes it mandatory, and that you don't want the option to exist..

Realize that, for some large amount of people, LFR is the top level of progression. Those people who either cannot or do not want to commit to a raiding guild. You basically want to remove all those people's top tier of progression because it offers you the opportunity to get tier set bonuses faster and you would rather not have that option be available because it might "force" you into content you don't like as much.

The selfishness of your attitude is mind boggling.

Ya know what. I'll take farming that 4th piece in lfr any day over the crap experience of joining normal/heroic pugs over and over again trying to get it only to have the loot master hand it to his buddy all bc my raid group wanted to move into mythic immediately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    I am just not a pathetic lowly worm like you that feels special while feeding on the misery of others and even if I was raiding Mythic atm I would still not mind ppl getting tier.
    This is my last comment to you as you REALLY dont get it.
    I am also not a pathetic lowly worm thanks.

Its not about other players being able to have what 'real' raiders have.. its about players that are raiding and are unlucky in getting tier bonuses early into progression are going to feel FORCED to raid LFR which most people that do normal/hc/mythic raiding hate because it's a frustrating bore!

How can you not understand that?!

Honestly If I'm sitting on 3/4 items, I'm almost certainly going to do LFR, I don't want to but the set bonus can't be passed up, so yeah, raiders will be forced to LFR if they want to min max their gear despite blizzard saying they wouldn't be forced apart from an artefact quest here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
    Tbh the LFR recolor's are sometimes way better than the heroic versions back before mythic came around
    And this is why many people are glad Tier is back in LFR, not because they're "scrubs".

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    This was part of why they nerfed lfr in WoD, so that normal + raiders wouldn't feel the need to run lfr for set bonuses etc. Doesn't affect me either way though, I'll be playing Legion but I'm burnt out on raiding so won't be doing that regardless of what happens with LFR.
    LFR having tier only means there's another option available to someone if they want to complete a set bonus. Things shouldn't be designed around a few mentally obsessed people who feel "forced" to do everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    This is my last comment to you as you REALLY dont get it.
    I am also not a pathetic lowly worm thanks.

Its not about other players being able to have what 'real' raiders have.. its about players that are raiding and are unlucky in getting tier bonuses early into progression are going to feel FORCED to raid LFR which most people that do normal/hc/mythic raiding hate because it's a frustrating bore!

How can you not understand that?!
    You feeling forced is your problem. Just don't do it. Simple. Otherwise, it's simply another option for everyone else.

Oh and for the idiots who keep saying 'But you don't need better gear since all you do is LFR'. Ppl might want to use that to tackle normal. Not everyone can easily defeat normal, some guilds are made entirely of families. Also, by that logic mythic gear should be removed too since it is useless as there is no more progression after. Oh, and that will make the next raid tier more 'challenging' for you self-proclaimed 'real raiders' lololol.

Yeah because people don't ask for Curve to pug Heroic, right? Not to mention that LFR gear was shitty as fuck in terms of dps compared to normal + gear. Give better arguments please. You can get into pugs/guilds by showing that you can play. Tier sets on LFR won't make it harder or easier to join normal/heroic pug runs or a guild. If anything, by getting the gear a guild might accept you more easily as you show dedication to gear to the best of your ability in order to earn a spot in a raid.
    What are you talking about? Gears make you get invited easier. That's fact. People will check if you have tier set equipped thus making LFR neccessary if you want to keep up. With this new change LFR tier pieces will not be shitty because it will fill missing pieces. You don't even understand the argument. The argument is that with this change to join pug easier you are forced to do LFR. Is that easy for you to understand?