Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    So giving up all of your information for advertisements in the start menu and bloatware isn't a big deal ?
    You're giving them for free the most important thing you have as a consumer and they are giving you literally nothing in return, and you are somehow happy about it ?
    They've had that information all along....they're just being more transparent about it now. There are like 10 different privacy options you can disable during installation. Don't fool yourself.

Also, maybe stop spreading misinformation. My start menu has zero ads on it and bloatware is, just like every other windows ever, minimal and easy to remove.

Upgrade away OP. Unless you're on a business or extended version of Win 7 they stopped supporting it back in November I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    To those that ask why I hate it, I hate it because of the way it looks, I hate it because of the way basic things like control panel are a mess to go through. I mainly dislike it because I am forced to get windows 10 pro to stop optional updates auto-updating, something that is a serious pet-peeve of mine. Don't auto-update my programs unless I ask you to. I presume this hasn't changed since the last time I checked.
    learn to regedit o.0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Will you ask all the hundreds of millions of people who reverted back to 7/8.1 or didn't upgrade to 10 in the first place the same thing? Or are you just specifically interested in me personally? In which case, eww.

I didn't want to upgrade to 7. Or 8.1. I was happy with my XP Pro. I was waiting for the next windows that would come after 8.1. I was excited about 10, although a bit wary at first. Still excited about shit like Cortana. Then the bad news started to flood in. Wouldn't get Cortana in Finland for some asinine fucking reason. All the supposed spying stuff. All the problems with games and software. Then the douchebaggery by M$, hiding the bullshit GWX upgrade nag screen on different updates, then starting to force the upgrade on people without their knowledge or consent.

So yeah. No thanks. I'll go to 2020 with 7 and then see what's what, and quite frankly, starting to consider switching to Linux more and more.
    Why is that eww? I can only ask those who state they hate Windows 10 and you happen to be one of those.

Hundreds of millions reverted? Also Windows 8.1 is basically Windows 10 without the "servicepack". Nice made up number.

Spying stuff? First off you can prevent most, if not all of it. Secondly, they have access to similar info through Windows 7. Thirdly, if you're so worried you shouldn't trade with Amazon, don't use Chrome, Skype, any forum or be on the internet in general.

Also, I'm not sure what all these software and game issues are? I haven't had them, was I just lucky? And before you say "well I can link you X, Y and Z examples... there is as many if not more issues with Windows 7. ALL operating systems have issues, glitches etc. Do you know how much work is behind an OS?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Privacy thing really isn't as bad as people are making it out to be though.
    It's really not a problem no, since you can disable everything as you wish.. and the bigger problem with these idiots saying it's not safe is, that it is the excat same way in win7 and win8.. they just have no clue, because it came in a update.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Unless you're on a business or extended version of Win 7 they stopped supporting it back in November I believe.

Extended support lasts until 2020, but yeah, should still upgrade IMO.

They've had that information all along....they're just being more transparent about it now. There are like 10 different privacy options you can disable during installation. Don't fool yourself.

Also, maybe stop spreading misinformation. My start menu has zero ads on it and bloatware is, just like every other windows ever, minimal and easy to remove.

Upgrade away OP. Unless you're on a business or extended version of Win 7 they stopped supporting it back in November I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

learn to regedit o.0
    Mind linking me a guide that explains how to disable OPTIONAL updated on a normal windows 10 version that does not stop all system security updates etc? Cause last I checked its either all or nothing.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

learn to regedit o.0
    Yeah, it's mostly stuff they've read somewhere and spout it as their own experience. I've used 8 and 10 as my daily driver since it came out, it has worked flawlessly, especially since more software has been updated for it. You can also get Windows 10 to look like Windows 7, more or less, if you can't handle small changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Mind linking me a guide that explains how to disable OPTIONAL updated on a normal windows 10 version that does not stop all system security updates etc? Cause last I checked its either all or nothing.
    Thankfully I don't think you can yet, outside of maybe disabling the update service? We don't need more outdated shit, floating around the internet, than necessary. Those that really care can get 10 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Yeah, it's mostly stuff they've read somewhere and spout it as their own experience. I've used 8 and 10 as my daily driver since it came out, it has worked flawlessly, especially since more software has been updated for it. You can also get Windows 10 to look like Windows 7, more or less, if you can't handle small changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankfully I don't think you can yet, outside of maybe disabling the update service? We don't need more outdated shit, floating around the internet, than necessary. Those that really care can get 10 Pro.
    You say thankfully but to many times the updates cause more issues then worth, I run my current system under very strict OCD rules I won't get in to but its as stable as it can get. The last crash dating back to 2014, I cba with auto-updates, yes I could get a cracked key for windows 10 pro I guess.

Deleted
    You say thankfully but to many times the updates cause more issues then worth, I run my current system under very strict OCD rules I won't get in to but its as stable as it can get. The last crash dating back to 2014, I cba with auto-updates, yes I could get a cracked key for windows 10 pro I guess.
    Are we both using Windows 10? Because I'm not experiencing it. When is the last time you had an issue with a security patch? And, what was it?

Cracked... and you worry about security patches haha, just buy a damn license if you're that OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    It's really not a problem no, since you can disable everything as you wish.. and the bigger problem with these idiots saying it's not safe is, that it is the excat same way in win7 and win8.. they just have no clue, because it came in a update.
    Except that you can't. You can only disable everything on Enterprise editions.
    Telemetry is always on and mandatory on Home and Pro.

Deleted
    Hundreds of millions reverted?
    Well, according to Microsoft, Windows 10 is running on 300 million devices. However, the market share of all operating systems for Windows 10 was only 15% around the same time. Windows 7 was at 48% and Windows 8.1 at 10%. So, extrapolating from that, almost 60% of all operating systems are either Windows 7 or 8.1, and if 15% is like 300 million, then yes, hundreds of millions of users have either reverted or haven't upgraded, as I said.

Also Windows 8.1 is basically Windows 10 without the "servicepack". Nice made up number.
    No reason to upgrade from 8.1 to 10 then.

Spying stuff? First off you can prevent most, if not all of it.
    I have no idea how Windows 10 spies on you, but you do realize how hilariously ridiculous it sounds to say "hey don't worry, you can prevent most of the spying", right?

or be on the internet in general
    I'm not on the internet.

Also, I'm not sure what all these software and game issues are
    OK.

Are we both using Windows 10? Because I'm not experiencing it. When is the last time you had an issue with a security patch? And, what was it?

Cracked... and you worry about security patches haha, just buy a damn license if you're that OCD.
    I have an actual license and again I was on about optional updates, you know those updates that decide you know what, I will upgrade your GPU driver for you without you asking for it, or sound driver, or ethernet driver etc etc. Security updates are fine generally.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get 8.1 and install Shell.

Then you´ll be basically using Windows 7 interface with a fastest system..
    No real difference, same as windows 7 and slightly better and much faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    What kind of magic are you using to post here then?
    I'm not posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I've read many flawed arguments about Windows 7 x Windows 10 but who'd think that someone actually prefers how W7 looks in comparison to 10...
    I know it's a poor reason, but the design and look of W10 is one my major turn offs. It looks bland and horribly dated in my eyes; I think XP looks better.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Zero issue with 10, cracks me up when people are on about the spying, but have facebook and post every detail of their life every 5 minutes...

If you are to worried about the spying issue, afraid MS will see your stash of henti, or what ever, there is a little program you can run that shuts off all those settings and has to be reapplied after almost every patch though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I know it's a poor reason, but the design and look of W10 is one my major turn offs. It looks bland and horribly dated in my eyes; I think XP looks better.
    Basic colors are not that bad, other than that the same with cleaner / better looking icons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Microsoft should just implement a proper theme engine and let people make their systems look the way they want. Seriously.

Deleted
    Windows 7 keeps offering the GWX updates again and again even though I hide them every time they come up in the list. Classy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The free upgrade to 10 will be over soon, a long with the nagging. At that point, Microsoft will either extend their free program, or just make Windows free.