Poll: Who wins in a 1v1 duel ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    No armies? Then Lei Shen wins, the Lich King was mostly about armies. Heck, even in his fights we get val'kirs trying to throw us around, angry spirits in the frostmourne dimension, etc. Sure, Arthas defeated Illidan, but Lei Shen was several times his size and made of rock, so frost attacks wouldn't do much. Furthermore, Lei Shen can summon the lightning while Arthas has a metal helm on his head.

With armies, the Lich King would win most likely but 1v1 Lei Shen takes the cake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Frostmourne is not arguably one of the strongest weapons in warcraft. The power difference between it and Gorshalach(http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Gorshalach) is massive.

No contest
    One of the strongest, not the strongest. Consider the 5 most powerful weapons in Warcraft universe. Gorshalach is the winner, yeah; but what about the 4 following it? Surely Frostmourne belongs there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    No armies? Then Lei Shen wins, the Lich King was mostly about armies. Heck, even in his fights we get val'kirs trying to throw us around, angry spirits in the frostmourne dimension, etc. Sure, Arthas defeated Illidan, but Lei Shen was several times his size and made of rock, so frost attacks wouldn't do much. Furthermore, Lei Shen can summon the lightning while Arthas has a metal helm on his head.

With armies, the Lich King would win most likely but 1v1 Lei Shen takes the cake.
    Again, Stone wins against necromancy, The scourge isnt undefeatable, Lich king even said himself that we had crushed every challenge he laid before us, which one of them IS the scourge.
    An'u belore delen'na

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    We don't know if Frostmourne can reap titanic constructs like him.
    I would assume so. It was made very obvious in WotLK that the Lich King, and even his minions, were capable of raising the descendants of titan constructs from the dead (ie: the Vrykul, Gnomes, Dwarves, etc.).
    I am unsure if those unaffected by the curse of flesh are able to be affected by necromancy in the same way that other forms of life are, but I would assume it would still be devastating as Earth and Decay (Arcane and Necromancy) are opposing forms of magic.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2016-05-25 at 06:42 PM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I would assume so. It was made very obvious in WotLK that the Lich King, and even his minions, were capable of rising the Vrykul from the dead (who are the direct descendants of titan constructs afflicted by the curse of flesh), as well as the Gnomes and Dwarves (both of which are also descendants of titan constructs).
    Yes but those were vrykul afflicted with the curse of flesh, I don't think we ever saw him do that to an iron vrykul etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Again, Stone wins against necromancy, The scourge isnt undefeatable, Lich king even said himself that we had crushed every challenge he laid before us, which one of them IS the scourge.
    Except we didn't really.
    We know that Arthas was holding the Scourge back from wiping all life from Azeroth. Whether it was that a small remainder of who Arthas was remained, or that he merely wanted to test our strength and force us to betray our people, the full might of the Scourge was never, at any point, levied against us. The reason why there must always be a Lich King is because they act as that focal point which ensures the Scourge doesn't go out of control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Yes but those were vrykul afflicted with the curse of flesh, I don't think we ever saw him do that to an iron vrykul etc.
    Not all the Mogu were stone constructs, and those were the ones I was referring to. I'll edit my initial statement to clarify.
    Whether or not it can affect titan constructs that are still stone is to be seen. However, I would assume that it would still be fairly effective against them (as it is one of the primary schools of magic and it (decay/necromancy) is directly opposed to what I would assume the magic used to craft them is (earth/arcane).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Not all the Mogu were stone constructs, and those were the ones I was referring to. I'll edit my initial statement to clarify.
    Whether or not it can affect titan constructs that are still stone is to be seen. However, I would assume that it would still be fairly effective against them (as it is one of the primary schools of magic and it (decay/necromancy) is directly opposed to what I would assume the magic used to craft them is (earth/arcane).
    Wait, in the Chronicles chart, the position of the forces identify their opositions?

Obviously Light and Shadow are oposed, and displayed a such in the chart, but Necromancy is oposed to Nature there, and Fel is oposed to Arcane. Which would actually be correct, since the Titans were weak against Fel magicks.

Never heard that Arcane beings were weak against necromancies. And even, we don't know if they can be raised as undead. Never saw a undead titanic construct.... but I remember some spectral Mogu spirits, which means that titanic constructs could use necromancy.

Weird.

Anyway: If we don't know if stone Mogus can't be ressed, we don't know who would win in that fight. We can't assume what is strong against what - but we know what can damage those two: 10/25 adventurers with sticks and sorcery.

Kind of curious. If arcane and fel are opposites, is the arcane weakness to fel a one way street or is Fel also weak to arcane?

Lei Shen in one on one. He had all four of the Celestial power in his reserves, as well as the titan soul. He could probably take on a Awakened Old god and imprison it (albeit probably with his life).

Armies it gets tricky. Arthas has the entire Scourge at his back, and can res anything that falls. Lei Shen has the Mogu (both living and uncursed), the Zandalari as well as the Yaungol / Panda / Grummel slaves. Also, he can endlessly produce the Uncursed Mogu Constructs. The slaves would probably have to be discounted off, as the Panda / Grummel would just be used for supply lines / none combat roles, and Yaungol would be a burden. It would probably be similar to the Mantid vs Mogu, endless tide vs a wall of stone. Though it could go either way as while Lei's army will not last, he may be able to kill off the LK before they all fall. Probably like 25/75 Lei/LK in that situation.

Kind of curious. If arcane and fel are opposites, is the arcane weakness to fel a one way street or is Fel also weak to arcane?
    Arcane isn't confirmed to be weak to Fel, though. The Pantheon aren't beings made of pure arcane energy and they are said to be *uniquely* susceptible to Fel. We don't actually know if that was the Titan's weakness only or Arcane-related things' weakness in general. The demons / fel-fueled beings (Sargeras is one of them) don't seem to be more vulnerable to Arcane than anything else, though.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Neither wins. Many of the arguments in here are based off Lei Shens powers actually working against Arthas. The only distinct difference in strength would be size, but it's safe to assume Arthas would not simply just be crushed by Lei Shen unless he willing allowed that. I think it is also true on the other-hand that Arthas couldn't do much, if anything at all to Lei Shen, even with his army. Bunch of undead going to jump around on Lei Shen like freaking monkeys?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote Arthas. If memory serves, we just walk into Lei Shen's room, with him having all his electro cube stuff for a home field advantage, and just straight up kill him, while Arthas required an NPC going super saiyan and breaking Frostmourne. It all comes down to, I think, could Lei Shen break Frostmourne and my guess is 'probably not.' Take away Lei Shen's homefield advantage too and put them in a neutral fighting place and I think the LK would win personally.
    You are talking about Lei Shen who was killed by titans doomsday device 12000 years ago and just got resurrected and you interrupt his precious time to get his power back. So, basically, we fought him and the lowest on his power, while him being worn out by resurrection sickness.

While Arthas got killed by ghosts from Frostmourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I know who wins. The one that Metzen decides to.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You are talking about Lei Shen who was killed by titans doomsday device 12000 years ago and just got resurrected and you interrupt his precious time to get his power back. So, basically, we fought him and the lowest on his power, while him being worn out by resurrection sickness.

While Arthas got killed by ghosts from Frostmourne.
    Yeah after brushing up on the lore revealed for Lei Shen (which I think kind of ruins him making him that powerful but the lore is the lore whether I like it or not) I'm leaning towards him, though in LKs defense there were thousand and thousands of souls in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Arcane isn't confirmed to be weak to Fel, though. The Pantheon aren't beings made of pure arcane energy and they are said to be *uniquely* susceptible to Fel. We don't actually know if that was the Titan's weakness only or Arcane-related things' weakness in general. The demons / fel-fueled beings (Sargeras is one of them) don't seem to be more vulnerable to Arcane than anything else, though.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah after brushing up on the lore revealed for Lei Shen (which I think kind of ruins him making him that powerful but the lore is the lore whether I like it or not)
    I thought it was awesome that they made him more powerful and fleshed out his story.He went from a mid expac boss to one of the greatest rulers Azeroth has ever seen.Also a total badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    I thought it was awesome that they made him more powerful and fleshed out his story.He went from a mid expac boss to one of the greatest rulers Azeroth has ever seen.Also a total badass.
    He sadly got little to do in game but I found his backstory in MoP to be very interesting, and regret that his actual role post resurrection wasn't more interesting. But making him so powerful that he had to be stopped with a titan super weapon is going overboard for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    He sadly got little to do in game but I found his backstory in MoP to be very interesting, and regret that his actual role post resurrection wasn't more interesting. But making him so powerful that he had to be stopped with a titan super weapon is going overboard for me.
    I'm sorry but thats personal bias IMO.His Old story does not affect us anymore,since he is gone for good,so whats the problem in making him an awesome,superpowered badass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Easy one - Lei Shen.

- He had the powers of Ra-den and Aman'thul
    - He defeated Ra-den without these
    - He has three mighty "artifacts" himself - his spear, his axe and his crown - don't forget these
    - Even if you allow to summon minions - Lei Shen can summon elementals ...

Also, don't forget we heroes were a bit stronger in MoP than we were back in icecrown :P - the whole "Arthas nuked the whole raid" isn't really something you can use as argument, as his one-shot spell didn't worked on my lvl 90 DK anymore .... :P

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    I'm sorry but thats personal bias IMO.His Old story does not affect us anymore,since he is gone for good,so whats the problem in making him an awesome,superpowered badass.
    I never said it was anything but my opinion. He was already a badass, but the lengths they went to in the chronicle is just overkill to me.

I believe that no kind of plague, blight, disease or reanimation would work to a stone-skin like Lei-Shen. Strength-wise, Arthas as Lich King's body, is very vulnerable as we saw in Wrathgate. He quickly escapes to Icecrown when plagued. To a gigantic dude like The Thunder King, Lich King would be in a mess. LK also has Frostmourne on his side but again, Lei-Shen is not made of flesh so its effect can't be used on him.