Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    LFR having tier only means there's another option available to someone if they want to complete a set bonus. Things shouldn't be designed around a few mentally obsessed people who feel "forced" to do everything.

- - - Updated - - -

You feeling forced is your problem. Just don't do it. Simple. Otherwise, it's simply another option for everyone else.
    The thing is that you just dont need the set bonuses since you dont make use of them, you dont plan around them and just like the legendaries they just dont matter for you, we ARE forced to do LFR because if you are hindering progress because you are underperforming because you didnt do LFR then everyone is going to hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Uh. Three words.

Mythic Plus Dungeons.

You don't have to worry about LFR gear trivializing dungeons because dungeons scale indefinitely.
    It is my undestanding that although rare raid level gear can drop off dungeon fights as well as harder world quests anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    As a Mythic raider I would love for lfr to drop tier.
    Same, no one that Raids Mythic that I know give a fuck about LFR dropping Tier. It's just the semi casuals that are whiny about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    and so we return to raid or die as lfr makes all world content trivial and largely a waste of time

...yaaay.
    right cuz WoD wasnt a raid only expansion :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, thats good, with the artifact weapons and everything, having alts will already be difficult. Having the tier bonuses in LFR will help bridge gaps in power. I much preferred it. I don't like LFR [who does] but at least if i could get the tier pieces from it then that would be awesome. It took me like 7-8 weeks of killing tier bosses before i got my 4pc at start of HFC. So more chances the better for me.

Ya know what. I'll take farming that 4th piece in lfr any day over the crap experience of joining normal/heroic pugs over and over again trying to get it only to have the loot master hand it to his buddy all bc my raid group wanted to move into mythic immediately.

And frankly complaining about being required to do it just sounds lazy to me. Lfr doesn't take long to finish and it isn't hard. If you're actually whining about needing to use it to finish a 4 set then I wonder how much whining you do for every other grind expected of you. Seriously it's one of the quickest easiest things you can knock out. Is it really that painful for you to wipe a few times with newer players? If so I can only imagine how much you rage on mythic progression bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post

Nope, real raiders can raid without LFR pieces. Been there done that back in Cataclysm. Nothing world shattering my dear 'real raider'.
    You know what I mean, you monkey.

Now I'm going to have to start doing LFR to get your shit-tier tier to fill set bonus requirements for progression, and get a 4-sets for alts before pugs will even consider taking them into real raids.

Fucking chore.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    This is my last comment to you as you REALLY dont get it.
    I am also not a pathetic lowly worm thanks.

Its not about other players being able to have what 'real' raiders have.. its about players that are raiding and are unlucky in getting tier bonuses early into progression are going to feel FORCED to raid LFR which most people that do normal/hc/mythic raiding hate because it's a frustrating bore!

How can you not understand that?!
    Aside from that you said the whole point of an MMORPG is to feel special in a way that you supported LFR ppl not having tier sets. Go back and read what you replied to and you will see that this is what you implied. That makes you a worm in my book as you don't want a lot of option to get gear as the easy one will make you a bit less special. Also, in an earlier post you said that if you are done with raiding for the rest of the week, you will try to do LFR to get that missing piece. Do you know that ppl run 10,20, even 30 times heroic/normal to get tier at the moment? That is 10,20 or 30 times more than LFR which you can run once a week, respectively. Also, the LFR wings that give tiers open up a month after heroic, if you haven't gotten 4p in 2-3 weeks, or even a month, I can't see how you really try that hard to get 4p. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    What are you talking about? Gears make you get invited easier. That's fact. People will check if you have tier set equipped thus making LFR neccessary if you want to keep up. With this new change LFR tier pieces will not be shitty because it will fill missing pieces. You don't even understand the argument. The argument is that with this change to join pug easier you are forced to do LFR. Is that easy for you to understand?
    No it won't make it easier because ppl won't take you in just because you can afk and get 4 set in LFR. They will take ppl with 'Curve achiev'. The only way tier helps is to show a guild you are trying to join that you geared to the best of your ability and can at least do somewhat good dps while being severely undergeared to the roster of the guild you just joined. Is that easy for you to understand Poliwhirl?

One of the best changes in Legion, so far. Not because I'm gonna do LFR, cause I'm not, but because there's few things I enjoy more than tears of the tryhard raiders that ruined the game in the first place with mindsets just like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaginary View Post
    To several people in this thread arguing that LFR containing tier makes it mandatory, and that you don't want the option to exist..

Realize that, for some large amount of people, LFR is the top level of progression. Those people who either cannot or do not want to commit to a raiding guild. You basically want to remove all those people's top tier of progression because it offers you the opportunity to get tier set bonuses faster and you would rather not have that option be available because it might "force" you into content you don't like as much.

The selfishness of your attitude is mind boggling.
    Hey, stop being decent and stuff. That's not allowed around here.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a former Mythic raider (for over a decade; with 'Mythic' referring to whatever the current era of WoW's hardest raid / raid difficulty was) I find this to be a positive change, if only because the Order Hall sets, whilst aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion) have garbage set bonuses. They present the same problem as WoD's LFR set 'bonuses' - they're extremely weak and don't offer up any changes to playstyle. 6 pieces for +1000 intellect? Come on. Not to mention the fact that quest rewards at level 108 are higher ilvl, meaning that you won't really be going for your Order Hall set for it's 'power', just for its looks. This - if true - means that I can still get some fun set bonuses and see some character progression, even though my current job no longer allows me to raid beyond LFR.

To those asking why LFR raiders 'need' this - Blizzard recently spoke about character progression and increases in power being important to players (in their PvP blog, if I remember correctly). They're right - no-one wants to get to max level, get heroic dungeon gear and then have only a few piddling points of mastery or intellect to look forward to from LFR. They want to see their character getting stronger, and set bonuses are one of the best ways to do that. I would support LFR having different set bonuses if, and only if, they were real set bonuses, something which actually would increase your character's power noticeably. However, having to come up with all those extra set bonuses every new raid tier would be a mammoth task.
    Last edited by Mystikal; 2016-05-25 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Grammar & extra thoughts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    right cuz WoD wasnt a raid only expansion :P
    Had the most non raid content of almost any expansion...

Wouldn't know it now no one did any of it after lfr...

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    You know what I mean, you monkey.

Now I'm going to have to start doing LFR to get your shit-tier tier to fill set bonus requirements for progression, and get a 4-sets for alts before pugs will even consider taking them into real raids.

Fucking chore.
    I think you are the monkey considering you need LFR tier to do Mythic.
    And I know what you mean but I've raided in MoP too. Killed Lei Shen HC with 3p and as you know, tier pieces were available through LFR. I was changing main so I was too bored to grind tier set from LFR.
    Last edited by Soluna; 2016-05-25 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Mind explaining how Carl Willford in Texas who got his 4p in lfr and plays 3 hours a week will hurt you and your personal progress?

Once you stop to think about others and start to think about what you do to enjoy your gameplay, things like what Happens in LFR suddenly becomes less important.
    This guy gets it, Seriously allowing others to have something similar to you doesn't take away your thing. The mindset is ridiculous my 7 year old understands this concept just fine, though my 17 month old doesn't. I assume the mindset of most people railing against this is somewhere in the middle.

No it won't make it easier because ppl won't take you in just because you can afk and get 4 set in LFR. They will take ppl with 'Curve achiev'. The only way tier helps is to show a guild you are trying to join that you geared to the best of your ability and can at least do somewhat good dps while being severely undergeared to the roster of the guild you just joined. Is that easy for you to understand Poliwhirl?
    Errr wut? People wil prioratize people who have full tier set equipped whether it's mixed with normal/heroic/LFR or not. There's not much people with "curve achiev" at the early of raid tier in normal or heroics. If you are the one with 3 pieces of normal tier vs the one with 3 piece normal + 1 pieces LFR, they will take the latter. People take the best option available. This is why doing LFR is required for you to keep up with the requirement of pug in both getting invited and doing dps.

nice, now it will be worth running it on alts

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    To a extent they seem to cap at 835 least at the moment.
    A 5min quest that guarantees a piece of 835 loot that has a chance of scaling up to mythic level doesnt seems unfair. LFr is probably going to be 840 or lower but theres no guarantee you even get anything out of it and the time investment is likely much higher.

Deleted
    I think you are the monkey considering you need LFR tier to do Mythic.
    You dont jump straight into mythic.

if you haven't gotten 4p in 2-3 weeks, or even a month, I can't see how you really try that hard to get 4p. Lol
    What.

Quote Originally Posted by Xixxor View Post
    This guy gets it, Seriously allowing others to have something similar to you doesn't take away your thing. The mindset is ridiculous my 7 year old understands this concept just fine, though my 17 month old doesn't. I assume the mindset of most people railing against this is somewhere in the middle.
    I've literally seen no one here go "But it will make my gear less special". No one is making that argument. We are making the argument that it was removed in the first place because no dedicated raider should have a reason to LFR, at least not on their main.

There is only one way I'll be okay with tier dropping in LFR and that's if it drops in Mythic+ so I can focus on doing it with my guild and not carry a bunch of AFK mouth breathers to free gear.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Lol, mind how telling me why LFR should have tier set beyond "It wont effect me." cus it will. If I don't have 2/4 set by LFR's release, I'll be expected to run it for the bonus. And considering how much of a boring afk fest that is, it shouldn't reward that gear.

if your raid leader requires you to do this, you have a bad raid leader