Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Split the community, how? The only real thing I can think is because people who didn't buy the expansion couldn't do the new content? That's common-sense. Shit, if I was going to give GW2 another try, I'd buy the expansion just to get the max level boost. ha.
    It was one of the first MMO's I've ever played where most people I knew/played with didn't buy the expansion because they didn't think it was worth the money.

A LOT of people have done the same thing, so the population is split between people still playing the original areas like Silver-wastes and such and the people who bought the expac to play the new HoT areas.

Since unlike WoW where a new expansion brings a new level cap so people "feel" the need to buy it, HoT didn't increase the level cap and instead just added a Mastery system. This system wasn't required for the base games lvl 80 content so people that didn't care for the new expac could continue to just play the game as the wanted without feeling that much behind.

Played a heap during friends and family alpha, never played after release

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, the new season has brought Warriors to the spotlight and i hate them C:.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    It was one of the first MMO's I've ever played where most people I knew/played with didn't buy the expansion because they didn't think it was worth the money.

A LOT of people have done the same thing, so the population is split between people still playing the original areas like Silver-wastes and such and the people who bought the expac to play the new HoT areas.

Since unlike WoW where a new expansion brings a new level cap so people "feel" the need to buy it, HoT didn't increase the level cap and instead just added a Mastery system. This system wasn't required for the base games lvl 80 content so people that didn't care for the new expac could continue to just play the game as the wanted without feeling that much behind.
    Having plunked down cash for the xpac only to quit playing 3-4 weeks later, it definitely wasn't worth the price of admission. Even having logged in for the first time in months this past weekend, I felt no compulsion other than to sell anything not nailed down so I can get the gold for another character slot, so this level 80 boost doesn't go to waste, heh.

For now, FF14 has it's hooks in me.

Deleted
    Has RP died in this game? Or has it been moved from Piken Square to other world? (EU)

I played quite a lot after the f2p release, but never bought the game. The main reasons were that they were selling the PC version running in Wine as the "Mac version", and I didn't like the micro-transaction monetization model (I want to pay the full price and get the full game). The final straw came when I realized I was using most of my time playing a bag manager. During the last xmas event I logged in, and within a few minutes my bags were full of the event loot. I just looked at my bags for a minute, thought "screw this", and uninstalled the game.

That's actually a perfect example of why I don't like the monetization model: The developer has an incentive to make the game annoying (not enough bag space) so that they can sell you the ability to take the annoyance away (more bag slots for real money). I want the developer to have an incentive to make the best possible game they can and to provide me with the best possible gaming experience they can. And I'll gladly pay full price for that, or even a monthly sub if the game is exceptional and has constant updates.

Buying bag space is pretty common in F2P games though. I can't imagine what your inventory was full of though considering you have a gigantic aterials deposit storage. I do wish the stash space was a bit bigger, but I manage alright. Having bank alts is also a pretty easy thing to do as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    @HappyCola: What kind of bags did you have? I've got a set of 18 slot bags and haven't purchased another bag slot, and the only time I really run in to issues is in the new zones (mostly because there are fewer merchants and less time in between events to handle inventory).

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    @HappyCola: What kind of bags did you have? I've got a set of 18 slot bags and haven't purchased another bag slot, and the only time I really run in to issues is in the new zones (mostly because there are fewer merchants and less time in between events to handle inventory).
    This. 18 slot bags (last I checked) aren't terribly expensive, and with a full complement of them, there's little need to have to constantly have to sell/salvage stuff.

Bank space, on the other hand...glad I picked up a couple of tabs years ago when gold to gem ratio was really good. That said, I picked up a new character slot to use the boost on for just over 200g...considering that's 800 gems, I don't find that to be a terrible price for essentially getting a level 80 character.

Deleted
    No, I don't. I grew bored as it felt like I had nothing to do in the game anymore, most of my friends vanished to other games before HoT and I've hardly started the game past that. I didn't even get HoT. For now I'm mostly focusing on FFXIV with my friends, boyfriend and FC while trying to shove in a bit of SWTOR as the new chapters for the on-going story release. That's pretty much the only two MMOs that hold my interest for more than an hour of derping around and then logging off, and not bothering logging back in for another 3-6 months.

I log in to do the daily for the 2g, gather flax, then log out. That's been it for me over the last 6 months. Tried to get into the ranked seasons, but it's probably the worst experience (between the MMR matchups and the overall cesspool of player attitudes) I have had in PvP in any MMO I've played to date.

Ended up picking up SWTOR after years away and am enjoying the heck out of it.

All I did lately was log in to sell a bunch of stuff for enough gold to get a character slot in order to properly use the level 80 boost (since to me it seemed a waste to use it on any of my other toons who already were 80 and fully geared). This game won't get much attention from me until I grow bored of FF14.

I really only ever play the game for PvP queues anymore these days, to be completely honest. The rest of the game has just kind of lost its what little luster it ever had for me.

Deleted
    Nope. Haven't played in two years.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'll get a new rig sooner or later. I'll download it again so I can play it at max settings 60fps WvW (that's actually pretty hard, isn't it?)

lost my will to play it after that horrendous meta at the start of the HoT, even though they fixed it, it took too long and i have other games i am playing now and no intention of starting back in forseeble future

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started breaking the mold with a class i'm not used to (druid) and i must admit it is quite an enjoyable experience to pvp with it, can shrug off most high pressure classes (except warrs, fuck 'em), plus trying to get used to overwatch as my first deep foray into overwatch isnt a good one lol =P
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Just logged in today, probably been a year since I last logged in. I do know it was before the new expansion hit. Logged out after seeing the skills tree or whatever that thing is called and said to myself, I don't have time for this. Would love to level up a character from 1 again to learn the new setup but ain't paying 10 bucks for another slot and no keen on deleting anything
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Just logged in today, probably been a year since I last logged in. I do know it was before the new expansion hit. Logged out after seeing the skills tree or whatever that thing is called and said to myself, I don't have time for this. Would love to level up a character from 1 again to learn the new setup but ain't paying 10 bucks for another slot and no keen on deleting anything
    If you're level 80, you have enough points to unlock ALL the traits you had. You just need to earn more to unlock the Elite stuff (which you didn't have before and still won't if you don't own HoT).

If you're less than 80, then sure there's a need to watch which traits you spend points on (to the extent skills matter during leveling).
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    No, but I would if I could... I just don't have as much time due to work and other stuff that piles up.

So, overall, still a great game, my time doesn't afford me playing it much though.