Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Depends on the feature and if they translate it to be warcrafty enough.
    Loot goblins fit into world of warcraft and are a fun diablo feature. So thats a good idea!
    Every spec they were unhappy with getting a no depth "charger, spender" diablo playstyle instead doesnt fit into the more complex and slower gameplay of WoW, so thats bad.
    And so on.
    There is no general problem with games taking good ideas from other games I think. As long as they arent doing the Ubisoft things, where every new generation of their main franchises loses some more of their identity and is slowly becoming a grey blob of "climb tower sandbox with facebook games with theme X tacked onto it".
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Almost nothing has changed for Mythic Raiders aside from class changes. Legendary items will be disabled for 1-2 months in every tier so they'll just become farm tools...

Only remotely interesting thing in Legion for me is the scaling Mythic 5 man dungeons.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    Discuss? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Do people want to play an MMO or do they want to play Diablo..Idk what genre Diablo is classified as.
    Diablo is an ARPG or a Dungeon Crawler. WoW's instanced endgame (dungeons and raids) is basically a Dungeon Crawler added on to an MMO so it's not like this is the first time WoW has picked up features from a Diablo game. The tiered quality, random stat loot system and set bonuses were present in Diablo 2 which also inspired the old talent trees. The new talents are more similar to D3 which also has a semi-random/targeted loot system.

Do people want to play an MMO or do they want to play Diablo..Idk what genre Diablo is classified as.
    As you can see in thread, mentioned in my sig, I actually think, that majority of players don't need MMO - they need solo game with online progress and optional multiplayer, i.e. Diablo-like game in Warcraft universe. This is inevitable. Faster Blizzard will realize it - more chances to save Wow.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted

I'm not sure really. Diablo 3 is one of the many game I bought, played for a few hours, then never played again. I thought it was terrible.

I'm sure they have made great changes to it.

However, I wish Blizzard would look to old WOW with 14 million subscribers for their ideas, and improve them, instead of looking to non-MMOs and mobile phone apps for their "inspiration".

I have tried Legion BETA and although it could be just because it's a beta, it felt very cold to me. Soulless. I'm concerned for WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did WoW vanilla got features from Diablo1/2 in the first place ? If yes then I don't see that much problem.
    Graphic wise I find that the carved in stone style base UI from WoW is kind of similar to those of Diablo 2. If something works it's good I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Did WoW vanilla got features from Diablo1/2 in the first place ? If yes then I don't see that much problem.
    Graphic wise I find that the carved in stone style base UI from WoW is kind of similar to those of Diablo 2. If something works it's good I guess.
    Yes, it took a LOT from d2:

The "of the X" loot system
    Warrior Shouts
    Pally Changeable Auras
    The Talent Tree with 3 separate specs and in general.

I'm sure there's more.