Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaesden View Post
    beta key and all we have to do is give out our b.net credentials? why can't we just submit our battletags? I know it says it's safe, but its still giving credentials to a 3rd party site, which is....not something i'm willing to do. I know mmo-champ is probably safe enough, but all sites can get hacked.

yet you swipe your debit card EVERYWHERE , i know you will come back and say something witty like "i only use cash" , but we know thats not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Developer, I would enjoy testing different things to provide feedback to Blizzard to make sure some of the issues are fixed if not all prior to the expansion release.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    yet you swipe your debit card EVERYWHERE , i know you will come back and say something witty like "i only use cash" , but we know thats not true.
    The login uses battle.net's Oauth system.

So technically you are logging in via battle.net and get what amounts to a token key for a custom application. No actual login details are exchanged with MMO Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    https://us.battle.net/account/manage...rizations.html

Check the status page

Open a browser in Incognito mode, go to the contest site, log in with the right battle.net account. Assuming it is not the same account. If it is, it will pick up any US or EU characters.

Go to the status page, use the update button, refresh the page after 5 minutes. If it still isn't there, ry disconnecting MMOC here: https://us.battle.net/account/manage...rizations.html and then logging out and in on the contest site.

Be sure you disconnect MMOC, as that page is bugged and will always remove the first item on the list, so you have to keep removing applications until it actually removes the right one. After that, force an update on the status page, wait 5 minutes, refresh, and see if it worked. If it still hasn't worked then, PM me and I'll check.
    Ive done this method about 5 times and it is still not updating characters for me =/

... When you swipe a credit or debit card, the machine talks directly with the banking system (Visa, MC, whichever) and in an encrypted format.

Typically, no details are stored with the business on physical transactions.

Online purchases are a whole nother ball game.
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

how can i get this to check the char i actually did this on instead of a bunch of random chars i haven't done it on :P

Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    how can i get this to check the char i actually did this on instead of a bunch of random chars i haven't done it on :P
    It checks the entire account (all toons).

Once you have killed Illidan, zone back to Garrison then log out. I log into another toon just to make sure the previous one is "free to sync"... then wait about 10 minutes.

I clicked the link, then the "Force Update" and boom... something to the effect that it is confirmed I have killed Illidan and my entry has been accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWPyxis View Post
    "And you want something without having done anything to get it."

Do I have to quote you again to remind you of what you said? "Without having done anything" is the exact same as "done nothing."

Stop nit-picking... it shows poor lack of ability to argue your point.

Additionally, I'm not arguing for them to prioritize anyone above anyone else. That's wording you just made up.

We should all have an equal chance. I'm not EXPECTING an invite, but I should be considered just as equally as you.
    No, no you shouldn't. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    No, no you shouldn't. Have a nice day.
    Nice. Excellent post. 10/10

Luckily Blizzard takes my side.

Have a GREAT day!

Quote Originally Posted by WoWPyxis View Post
    ... When you swipe a credit or debit card, the machine talks directly with the banking system (Visa, MC, whichever) and in an encrypted format.

Typically, no details are stored with the business on physical transactions.

Online purchases are a whole nother ball game.

Except Visa (and presumably other companies) sent out new cards after the Target security breach in Dec 2014, because consumer credit card data was taken from Target. This breach affected all customers who made purchases in store within whatever time frame it happened.
    Last edited by Scrotch; 2016-05-25 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    where/how can we view the key if we get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    where/how can we view the key if we get one?
    Check the status page most likely. I'll add the link to the news when keys go out, you can't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It checks the entire account (all toons).

Once you have killed Illidan, zone back to Garrison then log out. I log into another toon just to make sure the previous one is "free to sync"... then wait about 10 minutes.

I clicked the link, then the "Force Update" and boom... something to the effect that it is confirmed I have killed Illidan and my entry has been accepted.
    Thanks for doing it right! 95% of the people that PM me just didn't refresh the status page or press the update button.

Ive done this method about 5 times and it is still not updating characters for me =/
    PM me your battletag and I'll take a look. A very small number of accounts return Internal Server Error from the API no matter what users do, I can't fix that unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThraxe View Post
    Except Visa (and presumably other companies) sent out new cards after the Target security breach in Dec 2014, because consumer credit card data was taken from Target. This breach affected all customers who made purchases in store within whatever time frame it happened.
    Someone hacked into and installed software (malware) onto Target's system that automatically captured that data without Target's knowledge.

Well, Target knew of a security breach, but didn't look into it until many months later.

Target didn't knowlingly keep the data on file.

How do I check if I've won a beta key? I don't see any option for bnet login except for the beta key event one, am I suppose to link the bnet account with the mmo-champion account? So confused
    Last edited by Aress77; 2016-05-25 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aress77 View Post
    How do I check if I've won a beta key?
    1. Wait for the contest to be over
    2. Come back and check the status page or news post

Quote Originally Posted by Aress77 View Post
    I don't see any option for bnet login except for the beta key event one, am I suppose to link the bnet account with the mmo-champion account? So confused
    1. Press the large button that says Enter Contest
    2. Log in
    3. View status page
    4. Kill Illidan

Decided to give this contest a shot. Then he drops the warglaives and the music scroll. Thx MMOchampion good karma/ choice on doing BT.

Any extra reason to visit Black Temple and hear Liam O'Brien's excellent voice acting, I'll take that!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    dont understand what people find in going in a beta game full of glitch and spoil :P
    They expect to find those glitches, report them and hope that they'll be fixed so that you won't suffer from them during the live version.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be hilarious if, given the odds, I won a beta key before I get to finish my set of Warglaives on several characters.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    so where exactly do we view the "key" if we win