Thread: Skinny Shaming

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelmc454 View Post
    Some chicks dont mind shorter guys though, my best friends sister in law in 6'0 no shoes on and he told me supposedly she was into me and she is taller then me no matter what heels or no
    I've actually found taller women, over 6', seem more likely to date shorter men. It's probably because most men are shorter to them, so they just get used to it instead of holding out for that perfect man taller woman shorter image in their minds.

As a tall man myself, everyone shorter than me is the same height in my mind. If a girl is 5'0" or 5'11", those both feel like the same thing to me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was 6'1" and 136lb towards the end of high school. Didn't look it too much, but I was pretty skinny. Have a really high metabolism, but It's considered underweight. People still assumed I was ~150-160lb yet still caught shit for being too skinny which is crazy that people consider 150-160lb at 6'1" to be too skinny. Managed to get up to ~145 when trying to get into the military after high school, but it still wasn't doing much to my aesthetics. Finally hit rock bottom in my size confidence so I upped my calorie intake to ~4K a day and ate loads of protein while going to the gym. Funny thing is, I'm now 190-195lb at 6'1" but that's considered pushing overweight. Fuck it though, I'd say I look better than I ever did though and I'd probably start to look skinny again if I dropped 20lb.

I didn't think I could put the weight on but even with my metabolism I managed. Just takes a lot more work than most which is why I pride myself in my weight gain. I think if someone likes themselves being skinny then as long as they're eating properly then no one should give a shit. But if you're not happy with your own weight then fix it. As impossible as it may seem, it's not. You might have to eat twice as much as the next guy and add some proteins and gym visits, but it's possible.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I've actually found taller women, over 6', seem more likely to date shorter men. It's probably because most men are shorter to them, so they just get used to it instead of holding out for that perfect man taller woman shorter image in their minds.

As a tall man myself, everyone shorter than me is the same height in my mind. If a girl is 5'0" or 5'11", those both feel like the same thing to me.
    Yeah makes sense, at 6'0 most men are shorter then her definitely in heels
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

How about instead of worrying about skinny shaming or fat shaming, we just try a system called ""don't be an asshole"? Should work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    How about instead of worrying about skinny shaming or fat shaming, we just try a system called ""don't be an asshole"? Should work.
    Can we get unicorns and a free cookie too?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    What if the cookies are made from unicorns ?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Absolutely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I'm 5'8" (roughly 180cm) and about 125 lbs (or about 56kg, I understand) and I'm skinny-shamed all the time. It's annoying, because I don't think that I'm skinny at all.
    Eh, when I was like 41kg @179cm, people commented on it too all the time. But I wouldn't say it was shaming in the typical (quite negative) sense, more worried "hey, maybe you should change something about it? :/"
    Now that I am like 55kg, pretty much no one ever says something about it.

But of course, it can and does happen. I am not denying that.

7+ Year Old Account
    For a second I thought Tennisace was rearing its head.

OT I have never seen a person make fun of a skinny person.

I think even the most 'fat proud' person understands they aren't healthy. They just don't say it or want to admit it to themselves because it's easier to stay fat than get in shape. So you end up seeing fit/sexy people trashed in social media/comment sections by those who are out of shape and hate themselves for it.

If someone is legitimately anorexic then they shouldn't be glorified, but they also shouldn't be attacked because they need immediate help. Fat proud folks say they don't want you to body shame, so they should take their own advice in the case of skinny people.

Deleted
    That's what the fatties and other people do to make themselves feel better because it's completely safe to degrade and mock a skinny person openly in any setting. It's their way of saying that "Yes I'm a fat disgusting blob but you are a skinny manlet so I'm better than you".

I'm tall but used to be skinny (i have extremely thin bones) even though i was swimming on a semi elite level people still mocked me. It was what finally made me decide to start lifting weights. The same disgusting blobs now make fun of me for training too much. They are always cracking jokes about steroids, male vanity, eating healthy and stuff like that. They instead now say things like "I bet you bronze yourself before you go to the beach to show off right lol?"

I've learned to enjoy their scorn as i now understand it is out of jealousy and hatred of their own bodies they lash out. I don't ever say anything back i just smile and play along. They know what's up.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Eh, when I was like 41kg @179cm, people commented on it too all the time. But I wouldn't say it was shaming in the typical (quite negative) sense, more worried "hey, maybe you should change something about it? :/"
    Now that I am like 55kg, pretty much no one ever says something about it.

But of course, it can and does happen. I am not denying that.
    Well, for me, it happens a lot less than being called a witch, devil-worshiper, or demon-woman... sadly enough. *Shrugs* Honestly, though, I'm not sure which I prefer more or less. :|
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    For a second I thought Tennisace was rearing its head.
    MatthewOU tends to post when Tennisace is on a forum vacation.

Oh look, angry people hating on someone that has what they do not.

Put down the cheeseburger, fatty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    That's what the fatties and other people do to make themselves feel better because it's completely safe to degrade and mock a skinny person openly in any setting. It's their way of saying that "Yes I'm a fat disgusting blob but you are a skinny manlet so I'm better than you".

I'm tall but used to be skinny (i have extremely thin bones) even though i was swimming on a semi elite level people still mocked me. It was what finally made me decide to start lifting weights. The same disgusting blobs now make fun of me for training too much. They are always cracking jokes about steroids, male vanity, eating healthy and stuff like that. They instead now say things like "I bet you bronze yourself before you go to the beach to show off right lol?"

I've learned to enjoy their scorn as i now understand it is out of jealousy and hatred of their own bodies they lash out. I don't ever say anything back i just smile and play along. They know what's up.
    This. Jesus christ, this.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    MatthewOU tends to post when Tennisace is on a forum vacation.
    He got banned again? Geez!

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Small? 5'10" is the average for men in the US, and 130lbs is a healthy weight for a male that tall.
    He's not terribly far from falling into underweight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I'm 5'8" (roughly 180cm) and about 125 lbs (or about 56kg, I understand) and I'm skinny-shamed all the time. It's annoying, because I don't think that I'm skinny at all.
    You're 5'8 but 180cm? According to Google 5'8 is more like 172 cm ;/ unless you're counting heels.... Which would be odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    The shaming meme grows ever larger.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    You're 5'8 but 180cm? According to Google 5'8 is more like 172 cm ;/ unless you're counting heels.... Which would be odd.
    Not really, I often wear heels. Perhaps, I miscalculated that aspect.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The difference between skinny and overweight, there is an epidemic of obesity in the developed world, whereas the number of people who's low weight is the root cause of their poor health is much less prevalent. Skinny people are often unhealthy because they are sedentary, overweight people are unhealthy because their organs can't keep up to their size. Skinny shaming? Nah, that's just called being an asshole. Fat shaming is most certainly a thing, and until my tax dollars no longer need to be wasted on someone's poor choices, I'm going to continue calling a spade a spade.