Thread: [TV] The Flash!

15+ Year Old Account
    So next season at the end will I be expecting them screw with the times ne again?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So next season at the end will I be expecting them screw with the times ne again?
    I doubt it'll be screwy all season. Either fixed before the crossover, or during the crossover.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Soooo how did this Flash beat the Reverse Flash in the past?

Because that RF was the rival of the Justice League Flash, who had way more years of experence than this one.

I understood Flash contending with RF in Season 1/2 because that RF had lost his full powers and could no longer jump through time ( i.e. he had a huge power-down ) but this RF should be at his peak.
    Barry is using the speed boost in his suit that RF taught him. He's at least equal to RF at this point, I imagine. Plus, yeah, element of surprise.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    It would depend if Laurel still joined Oliver's crusade on helping Star city
    What crusade? Oliver and Roy were killed by Captain Boomerang at ARGUS early in Arrow Season 3, as was Lyla, since the Flash didn't show up to save them.

So stoked for season 3. Great finale.

Am I the only one who absolutely hates Snow? The actress is so bad and acting. Her Holo scene with Zoom...was like omg worse than 3rd grade plays.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post

Am I the only one who absolutely hates Snow? The actress is so bad and acting. Her Holo scene with Zoom...was like omg worse than 3rd grade plays.

I disagree, I think she's an excellent actress, it's just the writers don't know what to do with her so she has to play the simpering lovesick/lovelorn fool half the time.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I disagree, I think she's an excellent actress, it's just the writers don't know what to do with her so she has to play the simpering lovesick/lovelorn fool half the time.
    I can not agree, at no time has she shown any real chops to me. And that holo exchange was cringe worthy.

Can some one Explain how Barrys mom's maidens name being Garick results in Henery Allen being Jay Garick on Earth 3?

Since Earth-1 is the center of the multiverse, wouldn't it have been easier to get Jay Garrick home from there instead of Earth-2?
    Based on Zoom's statements, we already know that "Earth-3" is accessible from Earth-2, since that's how Jay got captured in the first place, prior to Zoom ever discovering Earth-1/0/Prime. So maybe it's a combination of Earth-2's higher tech plus backtracking Zoom's multidimensional movements.

- - - Updated - - -

Can some one Explain how Barrys mom's maidens name being Garick results in Henery Allen being Jay Garick on Earth 3?
    It wasn't Barry's mom's maiden name that was Garrick - it was Henry's mom's maiden name. So Henry Allen is the son of Mama Garrick. I guess on Earth-3 she kept her name when she got married, or had a child out of wedlock, or maybe on Earth-3 it's the husband who traditionally changes their surname to match their wife, but in any case, "Henry Allen" was born on Earth-3 as "Jay Garrick."

10+ Year Old Account
    She seemed pretty assertive in the finale, she's gone through a lot honestly. Back on topic though, I think Reverse Flash will be one of the villains. He'll probably at some point come and mess with Barry finally explaining what happened. I just wonder how long they'll play the Flashpoint arc. 5-10 episodes seems like a decent length to me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I expect next season to just be Flashpoint with Barry going back in time to stop himself from stopping RF from killing his mom, reverting the timeline to how it was at the end.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2016-05-25 at 03:51 PM.

Possibility/Theory. The first half leading up the crossover of Flash is Flashpoint, completely separate from the rest of the Arrowverse that keeps on going with just no involvement of the Flash up to that point(like the characters on Legends). Crossover involves Barry fixing his mistake and bringing them all together(new 52 style). Only problem is that Flash goes half a season without its endgame big bad being revealed.

I mean, Hunter Zolomon and Eobard are already flash's greatest enemies, where do you go from there?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like that Barry saved his mom... I thought we got past this with the Speedforce episode. I know he's in pain because of his father, but it just feels like we're going to be retreading familiar ground next season. He saves her, shit gets fucked, and he has to go back and stop himself from saving her.

Hopefully last night's episode erases the potential cringey Iris-Barry romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    It wasn't Barry's mom's maiden name that was Garrick - it was Henry's mom's maiden name. So Henry Allen is the son of Mama Garrick. I guess on Earth-3 she kept her name when she got married, or had a child out of wedlock, or maybe on Earth-3 it's the husband who traditionally changes their surname to match their wife, but in any case, "Henry Allen" was born on Earth-3 as "Jay Garrick."
    OOOOOHHHHHH, I missed that, I heard/thought he said Barrys Mom. That makes SO much more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    More likely it extends the more cringey will they/wont they for another season. Say what you want, them in a relationship is orders of magnitude less cringey than more will they/wont they, at least to me.

We've already seen since Season 1 that the "my mom never died" Flash came from a future where Iris West-Allen was a journalist.

- - - Updated - - -

We've already seen since Season 1 that the "my mom never died" Flash came from a future where Iris West-Allen was a journalist. So the best you can hope for is erasing the cringe, not the romance.

The one thing I hate about time travel in The Flash is that apparently villains can time travel and its "ment to be" and the true timeline but once the heroes try changing anything it fucks everything up. Also couldn't Barry time duplicate his parents and bring them to the future and negate any negative effects of altering the timeline because everything still happens the same he just gets extra parents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    The one thing I hate about time travel in The Flash is that apparently villains can time travel and its "ment to be" and the true timeline but once the heroes try changing anything it fucks everything up. Also couldn't Barry time duplicate his parents and bring them to the future and negate any negative effects of altering the timeline because everything still happens the same he just gets extra parents.
    I'm pretty sure they've said time remnants can only occur with speedsters. He can't just do it with regular people because the speedforce isn't protecting them as remnants.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Time remnants require you to basically do something that negates your own existence. Reverse Flash created the Flash, who erased him, but the time remnant remains so that Barry will still act as he originally did. Like Zoom said, you can be in two places at once, as long as you're willing to kill yourself - he brings a past copy to the present, and kills it, but since he's the one who killed it, he must continue to exist even though he just killed his past self, otherwise it never would have died. The Speed Force preserves his continuity around this paradox, hence time remnants.

In fact, by saving Nora, Barry just erased his origin story from history, but he must still exist in order to have carried that out, therefore Barry himself is a time remnant now.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-05-25 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Arrow in terms of tone went a different direction much as it's against his character. It's against his character for Flash(Yes I know he killed in the comics but it doesn't make it right and most incarnations after that he didn't kill either). So no, it was good he didn't kill. He has to be different then Zoom.
    Flash has killed at least 3 metas this season, but wouldn't kill the big bad when he had chances to do so. In the end he let the wraiths do it, I guess he just doesn't like getting his hands dirty. It's okay to nuke a guy to death, turn him to glass and shatter him or any other indirect method.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He'll come back into existence at some point and end up chasing Eobard through time to fight him in his childhood home(oh, and telling Barry not to save his mom).
    Technically, Season 2 Barry saw Future Barry run off with Child Barry. It was Future Barry that waved off Season 1 Barry. So Season 3 Barry will have to stop Season 2 Barry from saving his mom after Future Barry waves off Season 1 Barry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    We've already seen since Season 1 that the "my mom never died" Flash came from a future where Iris West-Allen was a journalist.
    Theoretically, but I think it was also established that the headline reflected the timeline as it was currently going, so Reverse was using it as a barometer to measure if his changes were leading it to where he wanted. Rather than a reflection of what it was when he left.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

It was nice and it'd be neat to see how it progresses next year, but damn if I'm not pessimistic. This season was hit or miss, and they undid the blackhole in a flashback in the first episode. I was wanting planet hopping and stuff, didn't get that until the little dip into the other dimension.

(And why the fuck is Wells/ Jessie doing this tear jerking goodbye crap, the PORTAL IS OPEN! Just build another damn cannon and stfu!)

I think she's a fine actor, but the writers have this habit of making women stupid when they enter the "girlfriend" role. Iris was fine most of the season actually, but now a love interest? All she can do is inspire Barry. Same with Arrow/ Felicity, such an enjoyable character for two seasons, then a love interest, so fuck it, Drama.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All he has to do is stop the one that stopped Thawne. If he stops him before he goes to the house then everything will revert and Barry just went for a little jog.
    Right, Season 3 Barry needs to stop Season 2 Barry, so Future Barry can fight Thawne, wave off Season1 Barry and let mom die. He can stop him at nearly any point, but that does mean that Season 3 Barry isn't Future Barry.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."