Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsword View Post
    More stuff to do is always better than less stuff to do, I always say.
    I don't think you caught my sarcasm. I like the fact I'll have an actual reason to log in other than raid night again. Hasn't been that way since before we went into SoO farm mode hand all the new guys whatever they wanted bc we were only in there for that 1 war forged piece we never saw anyway.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I was okay with LFR having crumby gear, it just shouldn't have been crumbier than free garrison gear.
    "Free" Garrison gear is literally raid gear. The HFC cache from the shipyard gives you a random piece of raid gear (essentially) once a week, if you pass the shipyard mission, that is. The piece of gear is essentially the same level as the level of raiding that you're one (as it scales depending on number of raid boss kills at certain difficulties). If you only raid LFR, you only get an LFR cache, but it is actual gear from LFR.

Not even going to mention (okay, I am) that Tanaan gear was as good as heroic HFC gear. :|
    Apexis boosted Baleful (Tanaan Daily) gear is 695. The lowest piece of Heroic HFC gear is 705. Both are modifiable by 10 ilvl of valor. Also, Baleful gear cannot have tertiary stats, warforged (+6 base ilvl), or extra sockets. There is, in all seriousness, no way that Baleful gear can be the same or better than Heroic HFC gear. You are flat-out wrong.

EDIT: Just want to emphasize that I'm totally okay with people getting good gear and this isn't a "waaaah I'm not a snowflake, other people have my stuff!" post, it just felt WEIRD killing normal Archimonde only to have a random doofus mob in Tanaan drop better gear.
    Again, your wrong on the item value. Normal Archimonde drops a base level of 705 that can proc tertiary stats, have sockets, and be warforged as well as upgraded +10 ilvl with valor, achieving a base ilvl of 715. Baleful Tanaan gear can only achieve ilvl 705 through an Apexis Empowerment and dumping 500 valor into them, and even still they will never have tertiary states, sockets, or be warforged. You are absolutely incorrect in saying that Tanaan daily gear is superior to Normal Archimonde drops.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    good, but now they should make LFR as hard as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nobody is forcing you to get the raid finder version. And if LFR is gated as it usually is nowadays you will be raiding normal in no time with mythic dungeon and heroic dungeon gear.
    People really need to stop saying "no one is forcing you". It is not an argument at this point.

You can also make normal and LFR share the same lockout to avoid the forced LFR dilemma. Keep heroic and mythic on separate lockouts as those are the two more serious (at least Mythic) type of progression raiding.

This way you have a choice... if you don't like LFR, just do normal runs. If you're okay with LFR, then do that instead. Hell, you can even make LFR and normal gear the same ilvl in that particular case. I mean, all we care about is heroic and mythic anyway. Options. Always a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... No, WoD did that.
    No, LFR will do that because now no one will do dungeons, since LFR has tier gear. Blizzard are fucking idiots. I swear.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    People really need to stop saying "no one is forcing you". It is not an argument at this point.
    Well nobody is. Nobody has a gun to your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Good. They should never have removed it.
    This is definitely a step (back) in the right direction when it comes to LFR.
    with all the changes to dungeons, LFR should be made completely irrelevant. Now no one will do dungeons. or world content, because LFR gives better gear. use your head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well nobody is. Nobody has a gun to your head.
    No one is forcing you to get a college education, but you need one if you don't wanna work a shitty job when you're 40.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

This is a good change. I Was annoyed that my alts were garbage when doing LFR since I didn't want to bring them to alt raid nights.

It was always painfull going from destroying everything on my mythic geared main to sucking hardcore on my lfr/tanaan geared alts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    This is a good change. I Was annoyed that my alts were garbage when doing LFR since I didn't want to bring them to alt raid nights.

It was always painfull going from destroying everything on my mythic geared main to sucking hardcore on my lfr/tanaan geared alts
    Dungeons are supposed to fix that, not shitty LFR

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    I don't think you caught my sarcasm. I like the fact I'll have an actual reason to log in other than raid night again. Hasn't been that way since before we went into SoO farm mode hand all the new guys whatever they wanted bc we were only in there for that 1 war forged piece we never saw anyway.
    No I totally got it, and am in agreeance (is that a word?) 100%. Having a reason to play on off nights is superb.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Mythic plus gives tier, then I'm happy with this change. If not, then fuck LFR.

It's pretty obvious cause they want to increase participation for LFR. So I don't know, they could have made better changes.

I wish the tier specific bonuses weren't the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I don't understand why poeple think Tier gear in LFR is good, it trivializes dungeons etc
    1000% this.

Not like it matters with Normal. Maybe the first week or two?
    Who cares lol?

Seriously, you can't be "hardcore" then complain about how hardcore being "hardcore" is.
    That's a contradiction.
    But I guess that makes complete sense in this community.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Who cares lol?

Seriously, you can't be "hardcore" then complain about how hardcore being "hardcore" is.
    That's a contradiction.
    WTF? Being Hardcore or dedicated doesn't mean we like extra pointless grinds being added...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    If you refuse to make your guild's life easier, you're a bad raider. And guess what, I want to be both a good raider and not have to carry a bunch of brain dead idiots. Because guess what, there is only 1 valid excuse for not clearing normal raids any more and that's lack of time.

LFR opens so late that if you havnt gotten your tier yet you should reevaluate your position in the guild because it means other players are receiving tier before you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Who cares lol?

That's a contradiction.
    The issue with this is now no one is going to do any dungeons or world content. Because it will be 100% pointless. I won't be leveling any alts, and after I complete mythic raids ill just quit and come back next patch. Because fuck having to gear up alts through shitty LFR. Instead of dungeons.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. GOOOOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    and so we return to raid or die as lfr makes all world content trivial and largely a waste of time

...yaaay.
    Wait, when did we left that behind?

<_<

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    with all the changes to dungeons, LFR should be made completely irrelevant. Now no one will do dungeons. or world content, because LFR gives better gear. use your head.
    btw 875 is not the right item level for LFR gear.
    Standard Mythic awards 840 currently. Expect LFR around the same if not lower.
    The first raid's normal ilvl is 850.
    So no, nothing about that will be better other than POTENTIALLY the tier set bonus it self - which you have no confirmation of happening other than assuming info gained with datamining is not only accurate but final.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Good. GOOOOOD.

Wait, when did we left that behind?

<_<
    I know thinking is hard. But WoD wasn't raid or die because of raids, it was because dungeons and world content was shit.

In MoP, it was raid or die because World content rewards were shit compared to LFR.

So once again, dungeons will collect dust because shitty LFR will be the only way to gear alts and shit.