Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Yeah, sure. They could nerf the set bonuses back to what they used to be.

2pc bonus: 5% crit on one filler spell
    4pc bonus: 10% dmg on main resource dump

They haven't really had sets like this since Tier 9, though. And at the time it was fine since you could just buy your tier off a vendor for badges. Now they're using it as a tuning mechanic to hold back the top guilds from killing the end boss for another week. It's stupid.
    I mean that's the other way to deal with it but people are so obsessed with denying others the same rewards they would rather those rewards be gutted and burned to the ground.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And coupled with the dungeons, at least now we'll have Dungeons, Open-world and a rewarding LFR to repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I know thinking is hard. But WoD wasn't raid or die because of raids, it was because dungeons and world content was shit.

In MoP, it was raid or die because World content rewards were shit compared to LFR.

So once again, dungeons will collect dust because shitty LFR will be the only way to gear alts and shit.
    Oh, my mistake then. It's because you wrote "We return to Raid or Die", which means that we were in Raid or Die in WoD. The cause of that was irrelevant in your post and mine, and I don't know why you mention it in your answer.

Dungeons won't collect dust*.

*If the devs play their cards right
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2016-05-25 at 08:50 PM.

Trying to get into a pug raid, which is what a lot of raiders do now, they pug. Is like trying to get a job. You have a resume, and if you want the nice job, you need the best resume. Sure, you can probably try and get by without LFR. But players who wanna pug are gonna go do LFR for tier gear because in order to have fun being a casual raider, you still need to be better than the other applicants. This is why we don't want LFR to drop gear that groups will require. It really has nothing to do with our raiding guild. Log on to wow and look at the enormous amount of pug groups running for HFC right now. It's like the stupid ring, you can't get an invite without it. Makes it so you don't level an alt. So in Legion, like in MoP, leveling an alt will be hell. I suppose to each their own, but dungeons will fall to the wayside because doing a mythic+ dungeon that is hard won't be the path people take.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you say I'm stupid, then think Ilvl means everything. Look up my mage, he's wearing 720 tier robes. But gasp, I have a 740 robe in my bags. Why am I not using it? tier, that's why.
    And now you have another shot at the piece of tier you are missing so you can replace your chest. And by the looks of the OP, now are 6 pieces of tier to make it all that much easier to get your missing tier piece. Whatever, keep crying.

A great argument is that Legion will now be raid or die because who the fuck is gonna care about world content or dungeons. Just like MoP.
    I care quite a bit about the world content actually. I'm so burned out with raiding I don't even belong to a dedicated team at the moment. I'd rather pug if I feel like it and do other things. It's only raid or die if you want it to be. I used to be that way. I get it. But it's a self inflicted pain and you'll realize that eventually too. Took me almost a decade to get there, but I definitively care about having options on what content I run. I'm so bored of looking at the same damn bosses every week I was ready to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    There's not been 4 hour lfr wipes since deathwing. And no one has done dungeons for years. Stop being overdramatic.
    Durumu says hi. And I want more bosses like this.

i dont do much lfr, but i think this is a good change overall, will help in both dungeons and low level raiding guilds + the whole if your a lfr raider your tier set will make you look like dogshit forever, kinda just sucked

15+ Year Old Account
    oh shit, now ppl who do LFR will ruin my mythic tier gear by having same tier sets at me ;__;
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    oh shit, now ppl who do LFR will ruin my mythic tier gear by having same tier sets at me ;__;
    Yours will have more bright pixels in the shoulders.

BRIGHT PIXELS.

I'm glad about the change. I disliked not being able to get transmog looks for my alts in WoD which is the only reason why I ever ran LFR on alts.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2016-05-25 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    Oh... okay then...

Will legion lfr be harder?
    As you're no longer able to switch talents, any raiding will be harder or at least expensive.

Oh! Look! WoW is dying again. I get the usual coffin.

I'm indifferent about this as long as the LFR gear for the second tier of Legion is significantly lower level than Mythic of the previous tier so I don't have to farm it on my main just for the set bonuses.

Its not really a hard thing to balance people's interest in certain activities. Some people are saying that tier from LFR means the end of dungeons. It doesn't need to be that way. Okay so you'll want 4 items from LFR. Cool. The raid version is still better anyways plus normal is easy as hell. Oh wait that also opens months before LFR too? Wow. Now what about the other 12 item slots? Wow that's a lot of space to work with for dungeon/world/PvP loot. What about the next raid tier of LFR though won't that destroy dungeons? Doesn't need to. Currency rewards. Honestly they could even just scale dungeon loot up every raid patch/season so it retains its position in the hierarchy somewhat like they've done for years with honor gear. Oh wait Mythic + dungeons can also reward gear. They scale more or less infinitely with your gear too. So can their rewards.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am not really too happy about this. This pretty much makes people go into LFR to get the tier bonus, since most won't get their tier pieces before the gating. I really do hate going into LFR. I wish that i would never have to, but Valor and stuff like this kind of forceses me to do it, as a normal/heroic raider.

Some might say, that the gear will matter only for a short while, but when you can que up with alts and mains just to get a chance for a 2-set or 4-set, then its too high of a reward to miss. Tier bonuses will always be a massive upgrade, even when it will reduce your item lvl. Personally, i don't think it should be in LFR.

But.... It might also have no impact on the game experience, if LFR is fun, and if the raiding content allows for better acces to tier pieces then LFR.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... No, WoD did that.
    I find this absolutely hilarious. Its raid or die when LFR doesnt have its charity tier yet it isnt when every single player, to obtain their BiS, has to do some form of raiding which includes LFR.

And just when I thought Legion was going to offer decent gameplay experiences and gearing paths for alts. What a shame. No effort, big rewards coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, gives me more incentive to bother with LFR on alts and more transmog colors is always a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    And tier set bonus' are incredibly powerful... Sorry, but LFR doesn't need and shouldn't get tier gear
    Why not? They pay the same amount per month, they can choose what they will and won't do (or maybe are bound by time constraints, etc). Saying someone else who plays "shouldn't get" something because they don't play the same way as you do is pretty damn elitist. (And wrong).

People hatin' on LFR having goodies be like: "Yo man, Y would my character progress harder and faster the more effort and time I put into it, via grinds or any other events and activities? I dun' want none o' that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Why? Why should it be worse than honor gear, or gear you can buy from a vendor in tanaan? That's just bad design.
    Because a brain dead monkey could do it. That's why

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    This may force me to not buy Legion. I don't like doing LFR and I didn't have to in WoD. Now with tier pieces in LFr, I will have to get tier pieces from there to keep up.
    I wouldn't really worry about it too much. LFRs come out with the delay anyway. In worse case, you might need to visit few wings for a month or so and I would assume guilds will do that together in the period when it matters to get set bonuses asap.