Page 19 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarzey View Post
    I find this absolutely hilarious. Its raid or die when LFR doesnt have its charity tier yet it isnt when every single player, to obtain their BiS, has to do some form of raiding which includes LFR.

And just when I thought Legion was going to offer decent gameplay experiences and gearing paths for alts. What a shame. No effort, big rewards coming back.
    Actually I find the opposite hilarious. Everyone in here arguing that the game will be even more raid or die arguing that LFR doesn't need rewards is really not going to argue for other content getting better rewards either. The argument is EXTREMELY disingenuous, because what's being asked for (no lfr tier) is EVEN more (non lfr)raid or die and even less casual friendly. At least LFR is slightly slight more casual accessible. I agree they ought to put those rewards in other content as well but the claim this will make the game more or raid or die is at best a surface argument completely misunderstanding what made wod so terrible. It belies the fact that when people argued the game was raid or die they were not talking about lfr. LFR in wod was largely bypassed. By design.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-05-25 at 09:07 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Would be better just to remove the whole thing (as in LFR), but given the gap in power between LFR tier and normal tier and how they changed how you played your class in WoD, it makes more sense this way.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jochie View Post
    Maybe WoD LFR set items were a bit shit...
    Not maybe, they are. Horrendously bad, in fact. How much damage do you think +100 main stat is worth? Answer: not much.

Your toon would not get 2-piece LFR tier and noticeably gain damage. A set bonus could literally say "Equip: Increases all damage you deal by 1" and it would technically be an increase, but would that be noticeable, effective or fun? No.

I've said it already - LFR having separate tier bonuses is fine if, and only if, they are noticeable and change up the gameplay somehow. The current LFR and datamined Order Hall sets do not do this.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad that they'll look cool this time. The true endgame of modern mmorpgs is within the Realm of Fashion.

I love to see threads like this.. "Oh no LFR ruins my immersion!!!""" .. LFR gear means nothing. People who have a problem with it just need to get over it..

If you do not like it, do not run it.. Ive literally killed 2 bosses in LFR across all expansions it was available. And we have progressed just fine and never "HAD" to run it for anything at all.

What other people do should have no bearing on what you do. Move along buttercup!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yours will have more bright pixels in the shoulders.

BRIGHT PIXELS.
    But even the THOUGHT of ppl who do LFR gets tier actually lowers my dps by atleast 45%
    Last edited by Frolk; 2016-05-25 at 09:41 PM.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I don't think anybody (except maybe an extreme few) has a problem with LFR raiders getting tier. Most people against this change are concerned with feeling like they'll need to farm the LFR for set bonuses, on top of farming Normal and Heroic already. It's a lot of raiding and can very quickly lead to burn out.

I think they did this cause noobs will whine on mythic dungeons. This is a way to keep scrubs happy.

It also feels really silly. "Hey guys, afk to get a tier set, but no tier sets for all you 5 man mythic+ even though you got to level 15..."
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    I really hope Legion LFR gear gets a unique look, because currently it shares appearance with Normal gear. I would certainly do LFR in Legion if I like the unique color of the armor.

LFR tier sets are also nice because you can try and complete the set bonuses outside of regular raids. It's nice to have the option in case of bad RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't think anybody (except maybe an extreme few) has a problem with LFR raiders getting tier. Most people against this change are concerned with feeling like they'll need to farm the LFR for set bonuses, on top of farming Normal and Heroic already. It's a lot of raiding and can very quickly lead to burn out.
    The main thing here is that those of us who will really care enough to farm everything available to get tier gear will have it long before LFR is actually fully open. The odds of not having a 4 set after farming normal/heroic and doing split runs etc are appallingly low. You probably know all of that though. The whole thing seems weird because it seems like the people worried that they'll have to grind too many things are the same people who won't actually be grinding too many things. Otherwise they wouldn't really be in the position to need LFR to begin with. I can certainly understand people feeling the incentive to gear their alts with LFR set bonuses and stuff but at some point it becomes the responsibility of the player to set their own limits and only play as much as they want to and not have Blizzard do that for them.

wait.
    we won.
    well i am shocked.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    I like it I'm not much of a raider, I prefers doing pvp. But I think it is cool - really hated the *bad* epics in WOD, with boring bonuses. This might make we want to do LFR again
    I hope WQ will still matter though - have great potentials, please don't forget WQ is the reason to go out in the open world after hitting level cap !

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    It also feels really silly. "Hey guys, afk to get a tier set, but no tier sets for all you 5 man mythic+ even though you got to level 15..."
    Yeah, would be nice if they let you get tier from mythic + dungeons since they'll be more difficult than LFR.

Deleted
    Good, it was a stupid idea to remove them in the first place.

I don't think LFR needs a tier set and I feel it was nice to keep the prestige of it for organised raiders. That said I am glad that LFR will provide me with more variety in appearance than WoW's did, and at least it will be attained in a more sensible way than facerolling the same heroics all expansion like WotLK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    That's why there's a vote kick system in place, it's not Blizzards fault people don't use it.

just went and checked. no thread about this on the official forums. we must spread the news.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I can certainly understand people feeling the incentive to gear their alts with LFR set bonuses and stuff but at some point it becomes the responsibility of the player to set their own limits and only play as much as they want to and not have Blizzard do that for them.
    The latter is the fundamental issue. When they removed tier from the LFR, that's pretty much the reasoning they used for keeping it out of the equation. But it didn't stop top guilds at the beginning of both T17 and T18 from running literally six or seven split runs, so I doubt having the LFR drop tier will offset this. If anything, it gives players who feel compelled to run that many splits slightly less of a reason to do so.

Great news if true.