Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefroz View Post
    preface: sent from phone forgive typos please.
    Wooo boy, so first of all Im convinced most of the people wanting vanilla back either never played during vanilla and jusy are trying to be "vanilla wuz best so im gud" or people with rose tint. Vanilla sucked, sucked haaard the thing was back then it was normal so it felt good. Attunements, rep grinds, poor encounters (seriosuly look at mc mechanics) people only had trouble because getting 40 people together was difficult, nevermind not having voice chat, and the god awful itemization. Ect Ect.

Bc came and man it was a breath of fresh air, but it had new problems, the god awful grind, the lack of realcatchup mechanics causing ungodly amounts of poaching.

Wrath came and it honeslt was the high point of wow. it had its problems but not the ones the vocal minorities cite. Id rather have ToC again than the current content drought. Id rather have "welfare epics" than guild poaching. Id rsther have LFD than sitting in X city for an hour to convince 4 other people to run a heroic, and finding out they are paint eaters. Id rather have had naxx when only 1% of the pb has seen it, and it be an easy raid than having huge amounts of cut content ot content droughts. Wraths problem was pvp balance ( always a problem till blizz seperates pvp from pve completly). and removing content. there are others but you get the gist.

subs peaked, and drop during wraths content droughts, but those droughts were tiny save for the last one

Subs started bleeding from the throat with cata. It wasnt lfr that was a good addition, needed tweaks, but it was good for the casual player who didnt have time to prep for a real raid. It wasnt flying in the old world and from the start of the xpac, people who thing flying causes sub loss are either skilless pvpers who prefer to gank people in "world pvp" which has never honestly been healthy for anything. No in fact removing flying from wod dropped subs, it was finr to level to max before flying but making it unusable really hurt people who collect mounts, never mind people who dont care about wpvp. the they dont explore and sit in town is false, i spent more time in town when i couldnt fly than when i could.

what cata did wrong was listen to the same prople who bitch about vanilla and flying, and made dungeons a horrible tedium, which drove off players. Raids felt like crap compared to ulduar and icc, which drove players off.

merging 10 and 25 lockouts drove players off, as once the more hardcore crowd couldnt run both and keep occupied.

This started a bad trend, where blizz takes a step forward few steps back Mop removed all rep tabard instead of allowing a couple and leaving the ones for the most needed reps, made daily grinds similar to bc, which drove players off despite the better raids and story.

warlords started this hate boner for flying and crappy content despite decent raids.

People want to play the game, not be arbitrarily locked out of things by gating because blizz wants people to "play" longer thid is whats bleeding subs. Stepping backwards into grindy, mind numbingly boring tasks just to do what the player wants be it raid, pvp, mount collect whatever is what bleeds subs.

No i dont want wotlk back, just like i dont want classic or bc back, going backwards is what has been bleeding wow of its subs, and there are good changes to wow its just overshadowed by reliving the past.
    Stop assuming people who want legacy didn't play vanilla. I, together with 13 friends, who hadn't played since beginning of cata, started on Nost again when it opened up, and we completly loved it.

Not seeing the end of the expacs content is a good thing, not a bad thing. You pay too play the game, not to clear it in 5 weeks and be bored.

To me, TBC was the best version of WoW. (mainly because of class overhauls and arena), however, i, and thousands of others have the fondest memories of vanilla. You're just addicted to instant gratification.

PS; I quit in cata because they caved in and made Dungeons easier. Damn wrath babies.

Most people associate their disinterest with the game to some time scale.

but ya as many others have said, Wrath is nothing special. Classic IS special because its so insanely different than the game is now. Wrath has LFD, heirlooms, the beginning of homogenization, the beginning of bad raid tendencies like 10,25 separation.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Octavios View Post
    Stop assuming people who want legacy didn't play vanilla. I, together with 13 friends, who hadn't played since beginning of cata, started on Nost again when it opened up, and we completly loved it.

Not seeing the end of the expacs content is a good thing, not a bad thing. You pay too play the game, not to clear it in 5 weeks and be bored.

To me, TBC was the best version of WoW. (mainly because of class overhauls and arena), however, i, and thousands of others have the fondest memories of vanilla. You're just addicted to instant gratification.

PS; I quit in cata because they caved in and made Dungeons easier. Damn wrath babies.
    I started in vanilla, second cata made dungeons harder than wrath, third way to cherry pick, fourth congrats on your rose tinted glasses, fifth no no its not healthy for 1% of a sub base to see the end of content. Thats what ahead of the curve is for. Youre not special get over it. sixth, it is not unreasonable to want to enjoy a game i play without making it a second job. damn special snowflakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Blizzard are currently making a gap between skillfull casuals, and skillfull hardcores, because, lets be honest here, you don't need skill to go up into raiding, just basic knowledge, casual players are currently blocked by this huge wall, this wall is called the time sink wall, which is NOT what the casuals want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    vanilla = no transmog, no lfd, long combat, long farming, no cash, no respec, etc etc.. people will really love that ?:P
    Yeah, that's kind of the point. We want those things back, because those made the game more fun for us.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefroz View Post
    I started in vanilla, second cata made dungeons harder than wrath, third way to cherry pick, fourth congrats on your rose tinted glasses, fifth no no its not healthy for 1% of a sub base to see the end of content. Thats what ahead of the curve is for. Youre not special get over it. sixth, it is not unreasonable to want to enjoy a game i play without making it a second job. damn special snowflakes.
    blablabla I'm terrible at the game blablabla

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    blablabla I'm terrible at the game blablabla
    "I don't have any real thoughts or opinions that are backed by any kind of logic, so I am going to make random ad hominem attacks and hope no one will notice"
    Last edited by Nefroz; 2016-05-25 at 10:20 PM.
    Blizzard are currently making a gap between skillfull casuals, and skillfull hardcores, because, lets be honest here, you don't need skill to go up into raiding, just basic knowledge, casual players are currently blocked by this huge wall, this wall is called the time sink wall, which is NOT what the casuals want.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Because Vanilla alone would provide more playtime than the last 3 expansions combined.
    Three raids > three raids in Cataclysm, five raids in Mists of Pandaria, and three raids in Warlords of Draenor? Check your math.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I enjoyed WotLK, but I enjoyed Vanilla WoW more.

The sweet spot for PvP was definitely not Wrath. lol. PvP died in mid-TBC. Wintergrasp was pretty one sided, the only reason it got a lot of interest was because of VoA. I did enjoy 10 man raiding, but that was fun in Cata as well.
    You serious? PvP was absolutely atrocious in Vanilla. If we had the same shit we had back then people would be randomely getting one shot with no skill required. Enh shamans could randomely get a windfury proc and destroy you with no skill needed. Don't even get me started on warriors. Class distribution was so fucked up it wasn't even funny. You can see this with the nost statistics that were released a while ago, a majority of the community chose to go warrior because it was an OP class while shamans, priests, paladins, etc were largely under represented.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Three raids > three raids in Cataclysm, five raids in Mists of Pandaria, and three raids in Warlords of Draenor? Check your math.
    The game is a lot more then just raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    WotLK was the sweet spot. From pvp to pve, from hardcore to casual. Patch 3.3.5 was icing on the cake.

Shifting away from WotLK formula was a huge mistake, WotLK literally pleased everybody and that's why it had over 12 million subscribers, I don't remember disliking anything, it simply was the best.

From the dialogue and the background story, the music, the atmosphere, villain and artwork. Everything fits perfectly. The gameplay was good and the community really was different in Wrath. There was no LFR. No cross-realm zones.

Naxx, ICC, Ulduar, TOC, the chopper, the mammoths, beautiful zones with amazing musical ambience and great quest lines. Wintergrasp was fun, VoA was a neat way to gear up, especially for alts.

The accessibility ICC had was amazing, you could pug it and still down things because Ventrilo etc.

I can honestly say I haven't even had half the amount of fun in the game as I did in wrath. Chain running dungeons back then was a blast. the 10 man raid was fun and manageable with a group of friends. It was a total blast. Pugs were amazing.

Class mechanics were a lot more fun, warriors in particular, stance dancing made them incredibly fun.

There was a lot of class uniqueness, not everyone had interrupts, not everyone had dispel protection, unfortunately Blizzard ruined everything with their "Bring the Player Not the Class" philosophy.
    Midway through WotLK was when WoW saw it's first reported subscriber loss. In happened just after the LFG tool. Coincidence?

WotLK was a good expansion, but it wasn't all roses and daisies. The bad stuff happened during that expansion, then accelerated into Cataclysm and beyond.

LFG began to undermine communities built within WoW. The game became a single player campaign where the subscriber was a hero, 2nd to none, meh. WotLK carried out fine though, with progression. It just set the new "standard" for a lower quality MMORPG experience. RPG people. It's just a MMO now.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-05-25 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The game is a lot more then just raiding.
    What was there besides raiding in vanilla? Some dungeon action and PvP, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What was there besides raiding in vanilla? Some dungeon action and PvP, that's it.
    I'm gathering that you never experienced Vanilla? Likely not TBC either, based on absurdities being tossed around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can say the same about a TBC server. This is really one of the big problems about making a Vanilla-style server, since ALOT of people would cry out for other expansion servers. I personally could not give 2 fucks about Vanilla, since i think that the game had a huge amount of problems, but i would pay 15$ a month for a TBC server.

We are all different like that, and if blizzard gives us one server, they would not get a moments rest, undtil they had either made a progressive server or servers for every expansion.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I'm gathering that you never experienced Vanilla? Likely not TBC either, based on absurdities being tossed around.
    I noticed you didn't offer more examples. Why is that?

Hell, I'd play Wrath or Vanilla if it meant no cross realm/LFG/actual human beings having a community kinda thing lol

I noticed you didn't offer more examples. Why is that?
    It's your claim, not mine.

What you said was an abhorrent, leading me to speculate your background, in my earlier post. People who really did play Vanilla / TBC know the 100+ other things going on besides dungeons and PvP.

It's doubtful you played WoW 2004-2009.

Those who never played say these things, since they never really played the original versions, and thus base personal opinions only on what they currently experience in retail WoW, which is lack-luster (as they don't realize). Garbage was what I wanted to say, but it's not total trash, not great either, definitely inferior though.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-05-26 at 12:30 AM.

It's your claim, not mine.

What you said was an abhorrent, leading me to speculate your background, in my earlier post. People who really did play Vanilla / TBC know the 100+ other things going on besides dungeons and PvP.

It's doubtful you played WoW 2004-2009.

Those who never played say these things, since they never really played the original versions, and thus base personal opinions only on what they currently experience in retail WoW, which is lack-luster (as they don't realize). Garbage was what I wanted to say, but it's not total trash, not great either, definitely inferior though.
    Ah, the "you didn't really play vanilla argument". I think you just broke the internet with originality.

So once again what are those things that you can't find in WoW today? They better not be some mundane crap but actually meaningful and interesting content. You can cross out things like hunters having mana, weapon skills and so on from your list right away.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2016-05-26 at 12:36 AM.

Ah, the "you didn't really play vanilla argument". I think you just broke the internet with originality.

So once again what are those things that you can't find in WoW today? They better not be some mundane crap but actually meaningful and interesting content. You can cross out things like hunters having mana, weapon skills and so on from your list right away.
    Part of the journey is self discovery. I was partial to a Warlock.

Part of the journey is self discovery. I was partial to a Warlock.
    You can't recreate past experiences. Your journey cherry was popped, it's never going to be the same again.
    You're not going to go walk into a place you've visited before and wonder what's hidden behind the bush, you already know.

Midway through WotLK was when WoW saw it's first reported subscriber loss. In happened just after the LFG tool. Coincidence?

WotLK was a good expansion, but it wasn't all roses and daisies. The bad stuff happened during that expansion, then accelerated into Cataclysm and beyond.

LFG began to undermine communities built within WoW. The game became a single player campaign where the subscriber was a hero, 2nd to none, meh. WotLK carried out fine though, with progression. It just set the new "standard" for a lower quality MMORPG experience. RPG people. It's just a MMO now.
    correlation does not equal causation. LFD came out with Icc the last raid of the expansion which meant content drough (no content for a year till cata preparch). Which always causes subs to drop. Which happens to be more plausible people wuit because oh no now ican get dungeon pugs faster? perposterous! or hey no content after i clear icc maybe i should save 12 months of 15 dollar payments.