Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Govt technology sucks. Running law enforcement record checks still look like something out of the early 2000s. I gained the ability to check work emails remotely just a couple of months ago. Before that we had to forward stuff to our private accounts if we wanted to keep updated outside of work. It's not hard to image the federal system needs some work. You would hope not with their budget, but I wouldnt be surprised.
    That's not the reason they don't mandate it though. It's because everything become subpoenable and they don't want that.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

We already knew this, no? I mean, the report mentions that multiple previous Secretaries of State have done so as well, but this seems more like just reconfirming information that we've known for a while.

The core issue is whether or not she broke any laws, as least on the part of Republicans who have tried to keep this issue alive for so long. This report says nothing on that topic, and the FBI investigation is ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Those of us who arent blind leftist apologists already knew she was guilty of this and much more, but people like Endus will still handwave it away and say she did no wrong
    Too bad even your most hard right of politicians are laughing at you for being this ignorant. As Vanyali already pointed out, she did nothing wrong. If you are going to prosecute her, then you have to prosecute Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell. Powell even admits to deleting ALL of his emails.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Hillary fans are fine with corruption. Maybe they'd be happier in another country.
    Just like Trump fans with his new people he has added to his campaign? I mean he even has people that he added that were convicted of fraud. The only reason they didn't go to jail, is because they were bitches and flipped on other people. Go ahead, try to handwave this away: http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/trump-s-new-fundraisers-a-dubious-cast-692264515814

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    She should withdraw her candidacy. She is not worthy as a president, shes a filthy criminal.
    Does that mean Trump needs to withdraw too? He actually has part of his campaign that have literally been arrested, charged, and tried for fraud. Not to mention Trump is actually under investigation too for fraud with Trump University.

This is all because HRC really wanted to keep using her Blackberry and wouldn't go for the secure laptop. For this scandal to really have legs there needs to be some bleeding victim at the end. The composition of the Supreme Court matters much more to me than HRC's insistence on her Blackberry.

"We began examining options for (Secretary Clinton) with respect to secure 'BlackBerry-like' communications," wrote Donald R. Reid, the department's assistant director for security infrastructure. "The current state of the art is not too user friendly, has no infrastructure at State, and is very expensive."

"... the request was driven by Clinton's reliance on her BlackBerry for email and keeping track of her calendar. Clinton chose not to use a laptop or desktop computer that could have provided her access to email in her office ..."

http://www.cbsnews.com/.../emails-show-nsa-rejected.../

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    She should be punished. But the Clintons are above the law, I don't get why people still chase this shit as if something will actually happen.
    Yep, it's tragic. There is 0% chance anyone will wake up tomorrow to the news saying "Hillary Clinton found guilty...." in any context. She gets a free pass unfortunately, like many powerful people of either party.

I'll say what I always say, You have to be a narcissistic psychopath to want to be a powerful politician.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

And what was it the H. Clinton said again? that she was authorized to use a private server (lie) that she broke no government regulations or rules (lie)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We already knew this, no? I mean, the report mentions that multiple previous Secretaries of State have done so as well, but this seems more like just reconfirming information that we've known for a while.

The core issue is whether or not she broke any laws, as least on the part of Republicans who have tried to keep this issue alive for so long. This report says nothing on that topic, and the FBI investigation is ongoing.
    Hillary Clinton said 'my predecessors did the same thing' with email
    We rate this claim Mostly False

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/mar/09/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-said-my-predecessors-did-same-thin/

and you was saying again?

Did she break any laws?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...did-same-thin/

I was speaking about breaking federal rules, not specifically setting up a private server like she did. The report specifically mentions that Colin Powel broke federal rules as well.

My post was primarily at the fact that we know she broke federal rules, and have known so for like...years? I don't know, pretty much however long this has been going on for. The current issue surrounding this isn't whether rules were broken, but whether or not any laws were broken. Which is again, as I wrote, what the FBI is currently investigating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Those of us who arent blind leftist apologists already knew she was guilty of this and much more, but people like Endus will still handwave it away and say she did no wrong
    And yet Trump has done so much worse and you are an apologist for every bit of it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Did she break any laws?
    so the bar is the standard is now as long as she didn't break the law

We know she's broken rules, this reaffirms it. We also know that plenty of lawmakers break rules all the time. It's not good that they do, but that's the sad reality.

What this has all been about, specifically on behalf of Republicans, is whether she broke any laws and can be prosecuted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    And yet Trump has done so much worse and you are an apologist for every bit of it.
    as in? so what government rules and regulations has Trump broken and lied about not doing so?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We know she's broken rules, this reaffirms it. We also know that plenty of lawmakers break rules all the time. It's not good that they do, but that's the sad reality.

What this has all been about, specifically on behalf of Republicans, is whether she broke any laws and can be prosecuted for it.
    so you think she is still qualified to be president after blatantly breaking government rules and regulations as something as important as keeping government classified information safe and sucure and bold faced lied to the public about not doing so
    but hey as long as she didn't break the law

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Yep, it's tragic. There is 0% chance anyone will wake up tomorrow to the news saying "Hillary Clinton found guilty...." in any context. She gets a free pass unfortunately, like many powerful people of either party.

I'll say what I always say, You have to be a narcissistic psychopath to want to be a powerful politician.
    Same shit happen under Merker, she knew Asse (nuclearwaste final depot) has a high chance to fail as the environment minister and years later we got a damage of 20 Billion € + nuclear waste poluting our groundwater.
    Oh btw since its just a "small" dmg our goverment dosnt event started a trial....

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Exactly, what are all these whackos going to do when shes not indicted/thrown in prison?
    Complain until she is dead or they are.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

so you think she is still qualified to be president after blatantly breaking government rules and regulations as something as important as keeping government classified information safe and sucure and bold faced lied to the public about not doing so
    but hey as long as she didn't break the law
    Nope, I'm not much of a fan of Hillary to begin with. I think it doesn't reflect well on her, but I don't think it disqualifies her, either.

Again though, the whole crux of this issue is centered around the legality of the email server and its contents, that's what Republicans have been pushing hard on since the start. The FBI is investigating and sorting that out and we'll know the outcome when they announce it. For the time being, she's not guilty of breaking any laws, but rather rules that aren't strictly enforced by the federal government.

Her being a liar is indisputable and nothing new, so this isn't really news to me. Indictments would be new.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

This also looks interesting..About the Clinton's Finances
    A Movie coming to a theatre near you.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...f19c63917a56bd

“DONALD Trump will win in a landslide,” producer of the explosive documentary Clinton Cash, Steven K Bannon, declares to news.com.au.

“It’s going to be a win of Reagan proportions.”

The controversial film, based on the best-selling book by Peter Schweizer, investigates how the Clintons managed to reconfigure their finances, from being “dead broke” when they left the White House in 2001 to amassing in excess of $US150 million with $US2 billion in donations to their foundation in only a few years.

The film was recently screened at the Cannes Film Festival to an audience of journalists and theatre distributors glued to their seats.

“What I find shocking is that there’s this thought process that Hillary Clinton is going to be president of the United States, and to even think of Donald Trump is a joke,” Bannon says.

“Journalists think it’s inconceivable that she is not going to be president of the United States. Then they see the film and the first reaction you get is, ‘How come nobody knows this stuff? How come it’s not out in the popular press?’”

The film chronicles the years in which the Clintons and their foundation amassed money and where they got it from, including fees paid to Bill Clinton for speeches while his wife was secretary of state. This includes $US1.4 million he received for two speeches in Nigeria in 2011 and 2012, during the time the country’s president, Goodluck Jonathan, was under fire for his human rights record.

Last edited by Blobfish; 2016-05-25 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Boy that was off topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

That certainly looks like a reputable film, one that's not at all trying to tell a very specific story and pushing very hard for a candidate.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...did-same-thin/

"Clinton said, regarding her State Department email practices, "my predecessors did the same thing."

This is a misleading claim chiefly because only one prior secretary of state regularly used email, Colin Powell. Powell did use a personal email address for government business, however he did not use a private server kept at his home, as Clinton did.

We rate this claim Mostly False."

That is a pretty dumb ruling for mostly false ... one, they say "Regularly used email" ... what is regularly used email? How is that defined? Why should I care if it is common place or not? If another SoS did the same thing, even less regularly, I say that should count to being true. Also, they include because Colin Powell didn't use a private server in his own home ... he still used a private email, was it a government or public server he used? If it is public, how is Colin Powell not worse than Hillary? Hell, if it was even government, why does that matter?

Sorry, there reason for mostly false ruling make zero sense to me.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code