Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Muslim isn't a race and the students were being sexist.
    Ok, whenever I hear "muslim is not a race" its basically code for "I know I'm a bigot, but I want to hide behind a technicality". You and I both know that islam is synonymous with ethnicity for these discussions. so drop that bollocks please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    So what you're saying is that you're ok with these boys...who come from a culture where it's LEGAL to beat women, and stone them for daring to be the victim of a crime...to continue to perpetuate their belief that women are just above objects in a western country?

No one is telling them that they can't worship Allah, or that the women can't wear hijabs, etc, etc.

They're just being told that the more barbaric beliefs of the countries that they're fleeing from are not allowed. You'd be ok with seeing them stone a women in the streets?
    You can force people to adapt to the law, that involves gender equality and all the laws that prevent female abuse, and you can teach them to respect females. But it certainly should not be forced upon people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Ok, whenever I hear "muslim is not a race" its basically code for "I know I'm a bigot, but I want to hide behind a technicality". You and I both know that islam is synonymous with ethnicity for these discussions. so drop that bollocks please.
    How the fuck is islam synonymous with ethnicity? Also, you can't be bigoted against an ideology that is at odds with your values.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    yes......

And I dont get the point. The kids did not shake hands, thats not a problem. An awful lot of people dont. And if you go further and try to do that kissing thing, I'm likley to "accidentally" nut you.
    So you find it ok to discriminate against women, because we are "less" than men? Because that's what the thing was about. I'm not fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I can't remember ever shaking the hand of my teachers either.

We'd stand up, say "good morning" and sat down again. After that the lesson continued.

Even when meeting a teacher spontaneously in a hallway, I don't think I've ever been offered a handshake.
    yeah, I dont think I ever shook a teachers hand.. and no one stood up for them either. We got on with teachers and kind of respected them, in a really informal way, but no one was pretentious enough to make a massive formality out of it, any teacher that tried or assumed respect rather than earned it, soon realised what a mistake that was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    You can force people to adapt to the law, that involves gender equality and all the laws that prevent female abuse, and you can teach them to respect females. But it certainly should not be forced upon people.
    Any law IS forced on people.
    Otherwise it would not be a law, it would be a "guideline" or a "suggestion".

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Out of curiosity, why shouldn't it be?
    Because bodily integrity is already a thing that exists. So it would create a legal conflict. Say you make it a law and someone you don't know tries to enforce "their right to demand handshake" against you. You don't want to? Fine time for you! For using your already existing rights. Alternatively they force you to shake their hands and commit a crime themselves. But so do you, for refusing to shake hands. That makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

They're going to Swiss schools they need to obey the rules of Swiss school.

Muslim isn't a race. I'm not sure why you're trying to insist it is. Apparently you think all muslims are middle eastern and all middle eastern people are muslim. That's rather bigoted of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    So you find it ok to discriminate against women, because we are "less" than men? Because that's what the thing was about. I'm not fine with it.
    no, I just think you tackle sexism as sexism, you dont use it bash an entire religion which is what this thread is.

My sister works in the UAE and she has never had anyone treat her with disrespect at all. the contrary is actually the case.

Deleted
    It's not "your" country.
    When they have citizenship it's their country also, even when they aren't white enough for you.
    We don't just let white men refuse to shake hands with women specifically, either. If you want to refuse to shake hands, do it with everyone, not just women. You'll be exposed as a sexist shitbag who nobody wants to interact with and if done in a professional setting, it's grounds for gender discrimination.

Deleted
    Muslim isn't a race. I'm not sure why you're trying to insist it is. Apparently you think all muslims are middle eastern and all middle eastern people are muslim. That's rather bigoted of you.
    hilarous. Sorry, we all know the code now.

Dont bring theire fucked up rules to our country,our country our rules.If they dont like it,fuck off to where they came from.

Deleted
    Yes, we do.
    We don't have laws that force us to shake hands.
    I suggest you look at what happened to Yasri Khan here in Sweden when he refused to shake hands with a woman in live TV. Social norms can be just as strong as laws, or stronger.

Yes, we do.
    We don't have laws that force us to shake hands.
    I think you're missing the part where this is about Swiss school and not just people in general.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Yes, it is. When in rome...
    Yeah, but we are talking about first world countries, hell even here in southamerica is just common sense to let people be themselves as long as they are respecting local customs and not breaking the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what if they were born here?
    Then integration of the parents failed on a massive scale.

No, in OUR culture refusal to shake hands is a sign of disrespect.
    For them it's about showing respect.
    Just as we don't slap your ass, they don't shake your hand.
    And they are here, instead of me being in their culture. Why should it go their way instead of mine, when it all happens in my culture/place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you're missing the part where this is about Swiss school and not just people in general.
    Its enforced by the local goverment.

Yeah, but we are talking about first world countries, hell even here in southamerica is just common sense to let people be themselves as long as they are respecting local customs and not breaking the law.
    Do students in South America get away with disrespecting teachers?

Its enforced by the local goverment.
    And? Public schools are part of the government.

Deleted
    Again, when in rome...