Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    No, veterans don't need anymore bonuses. With full heirloom gear leveling is already crazy fast even without touching dungeons. You complete a single quest chain in a zone with full heirloom gear, you are already 50% on your way to outleveling the zone. Complete a few more quests, and all the quests in that zone will start turning green.

There's already plenty of avenues for players who DGAF about leveling and just want to GOGOGO reach level cap. There's RAF like you said, there's XP potions and there's level 90-100 boost.

With the current system, players who want to experience relevant content without outleveling them at every turn have to actively AVOID dungeons.

There's still the matter of mobs being too easy and people feel they have to AoE them at every turn, but that's another problem.
    Making easier to drop xp pots and better heirloom is just perfect then.

I want to speed up my 16th toon, leveling i use those options. You want a relevant questing progression, then skip the looms and the pots.

Choices are good, right? No they're not, because you'd say you have a much bigger advantage.

Then i open my wallet and self RAF, the options become more and more common and then all of you would argue to nerf RAF because it's unfair for non veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Some people were too busy crying over other things to see those blue posts, twitter posts and forum threads here and at the WoW site. Much like it is better to ask forgiveness then permission it is better for many to cry endlessly and never do any real digging on their own.
    Can you link to anything that explicitly states dungeon xp would be nerfed?

There was no mention of dungeon xp in the interview with Ion Hazzikostas, nor was there any mention whatsoever of dungeon xp being nerfed in the hotfix notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare they try to make content already in the game more engaging and last longer, to hold more interest? Honestly, leveling alts used to be a great time sink when endgame content was lacking, glad to see them bringing it back.

Leveling should be more than a stepping stone into rushing endgame content then complaining about nothing to do. Makes picking a main more meaningful, and feel like more of an accomplishment in having many high level characters.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It's not a stealth nerf, they fucking said they were doing it.

Unbelievable, people have been crying for years that leveling is too easy and an afterthought and then they address it and now everyone is up in arms.
    There are very few people who complain about leveling being too easy, but even that doesn't have anything to do with it, they made it take longer, not become harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    There are very few people who complain about leveling being too easy, but even that doesn't have anything to do with it, they made it take longer, not become harder.
    They nerfed player damage, how else are they supposed to make it harder...?
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Sadly this makes sense as it brings dungeon xp in line with WoD/Legion, they made sure dungeons give almost no XP to force people to do all the quests. On every single charecter they level

This really sucks IMO as prior to WoD I always leveled mostly in dungeons that way the were more quests to experience at max level
    I remember arguing with asian mmo people, like 10 years ago, that their games are boring because the only way to level up is to grind through mobs, while in WoW you could do interesting quests instead. Nowadays WoW became closer to asian mmo in this regard, it's easier and more profitable to grind though mobs than do quests. I like this change, you shouldn't go into a dungeon and outlevel your fucking leveling location after returning back from it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    yes but a new player who sees that it takes FOREVER to get the levels done in dungeons will never do dungeons while leveling, missing some experience with the roles and being worst at the game. Being called bad in the endgame and being frustrated because the games does a bad job teaching you to play it.
    You go to a dungeon once, to do first quests, then you go to the same dungeons to finish the quest location final quests if they are done in the dungeon (like, westfall). That's more than enough of the incentive to do them. Also, class quests. I wish there was more of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    They nerfed player damage, how else are they supposed to make it harder...?
    Bring back elites and group quests.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Can you link to anything that explicitly states dungeon xp would be nerfed?

There was no mention of dungeon xp in the interview with Ion Hazzikostas, nor was there any mention whatsoever of dungeon xp being nerfed in the hotfix notes.
    The only thing I am seeing and reading is that they nerfed damage on classes pre level 40. Notes say post 40 things should be normal. Don't see a thing about XP nerfs.

Funny how people complain there is no content to do but want the game to keep all the tools to level faster.

Seriously, flying + treasures + elixirs of the rapid mind + accelerated learning potions = go from 90 to 100 in 30 minutes or less, it's completely ridiculous.

you mean i cannot level anymore without getting constantly ganked by Lvl 100 thanks to CRZ ?

great.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    more proof that blizzard is completely out of touch with their playerbase

we said we wanted the leveling experience to be HARDER

not for it to be HARDER
    Fucking loled. Have an internet.
    Ily mmoc

One of the concerns is more that who is leveling content supposed to be for now and why does it need to be slowed down?

I would argue that very few people even care about the old world story except to go back for achievements or check out old raids. New players are more interested in playing with their friends after using their boosts, then doing alt classes to speed level them to cap like the rest of us. Veteran players want it done and over with as fast as possible.

Fact of the matter is that the old world stuff, and leveling process, is more of a chore nowadays that many of us want over. There's basically no game before the end game and I don't see how there's an audience interested in a slower experience.

The one thing I will agree with though is that the dungeon experience WAS too high and it was very easy to totally out level the zone you were by just doing one dungeon and gaining like 2 1/2 levels from it. This has been the problem since Cataclysm when people WERE actually interested in the revamps to old dungeons and zones. But I don't see much of a negative effect on leaving it be at the current stage of the game since people don't care about it now when it didn't bother them when their brand new revamped zones were being mass skipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    One of the concerns is more that who is leveling content supposed to be for now and why does it need to be slowed down?

I would argue that very few people even care about the old world story except to go back for achievements or check out old raids. New players are more interested in playing with their friends after using their boosts, then doing alt classes to speed level them to cap like the rest of us. Veteran players want it done and over with as fast as possible.

Fact of the matter is that the old world stuff, and leveling process, is more of a chore nowadays that many of us want over. There's basically no game before the end game and I don't see how there's an audience interested in a slower experience.
    These changes and many legion changes snd some wod changes its clear they have some idiot somewhere with power saying "back in vanilla it's was ________". Look at what's happened with flying, pruning, now this talent lock out, and making lvling take longer. That's a pretty clear message that someone thinks things need to go back like it was but they do everything in the worst way possible so it all backfires just like this will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The one thing I will agree with though is that the dungeon experience WAS too high
    Not really if you take out the end xp even in full heirlooms the xp from the dungeons are so bad it's never worth doing at all. Example when you get stuck in that oh so fun brd or brd or brd lvl range I remember not even getting a full bar from all the mobs and it takes so much time if the end xp was minor or not there it would be just flat out never worth it. Dungeons use to be about the better gear now with the squish the stats barely move from like 100 ilvl to 400+ lol. Low lvls are messed up so bad it's slap in the face this is what they call fixing them.

They have been making so many bad choices lately it really makes you wonder wtf is going on there. Even more with how much legion is do or die for wow. People hated the prune so what did they do? Pruned 10x harder. They made a giant mess and pissed off a lot with flying and how they handled it. So for legion what did they do? Made even more grinding for it and are being just as vague as they were in wod so it's looking like a worse version for legion. The vers pvp gear only coming from ashran boxes went so bad they had to revert it and add a vendor, so what do they do for legion? All pvp gear is now this rng box mess that everyone hated, and list goes on and on.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-05-26 at 05:57 AM.

Deleted
    WTF! If the fucking idiots who want to level slowly want to level slowly, then go play another fucking game. This is why I hate all those motherfuckers with old nostalgia bullshit feels, now we get boned because of them ...

What the FUCK if the point of making leveling slower?!?!?!?! The game has fucking 6 expansions! WTF is wrong with Blizzard?!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Funny how people complain there is no content to do but want the game to keep all the tools to level faster.

Seriously, flying + treasures + elixirs of the rapid mind + accelerated learning potions = go from 90 to 100 in 30 minutes or less, it's completely ridiculous.
    Last time i checked, nerfing a players damage wasn't content. As for flying, if you have it, then you basically did 99% of what Warlords had to offer anyways.

I like leveling and I like games that have huge leveling times/expansive leveling areas that consume huge amounts of time.
    But this game is way too far past that to turn back now.

It's so obvious that this is just to sell more boosts. Anyone who likes questing and leveling like I do has already moved to other games where it doesn't suck. Anyone leveling in WoW isn't doing it for the enjoyment of leveling (there still isn't any, it just takes longer).

Bringing up you can buy a boost if you don't like it just furthers the obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    People complaining about leveling to quick, blizz hears the community and adresses it.
    Blizzard fixes it and people complain its to slow.
    WoW community logic in 2016.
    You mean some ppl complain but others do not react and when changes come CABOOM!!!.Personally fast leveling suits me thats why are alts for to level them fast Thanks god i have alot of alts

So blizzard has spoken. The exp nerf to the 15-58 dungeons(the scenario one) they forgot to add to the patch notes.
    I don't believe it. How can you forget something that huge.

Also any dungeon exp nerf 58+ is not intended
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Thing is, for me, after doing quests 10.000 times, it aint any fun anymore, so I go and do dungeons. Now that option is less appealing if not gone, so what is left? 60 dollar boost! Clever blizzard.

What they should do is make leveling more FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Last time i checked, nerfing a players damage wasn't content. As for flying, if you have it, then you basically did 99% of what Warlords had to offer anyways.
    Damage no, but boosting leveling XP makes you go though content faster and skip lots of it.

It went too far with WOD in terms of XP benefit, seriously. Why even bother with levels at that point. And that comes from somebody who did 2 RAF with several alts so I could boost my monk to level 80 on MOP's launch day.

Questing is the main game of the majority of people who play WOW and should be the best experience as this is the place were most people give up.. making it faster doesn't necessary make it better. Now you have the option to boost your character, so why even bother with offering a sub-par leveling experience if you can just skip it. Yes it costs money, but that could be fixed with a token for services.