Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroch View Post
    That's good news! Are you going to keep updating it in Legion too?
    Yes, I will be maintaining all three Warlock specs along with several other classes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurtyIRL View Post
    Yes, I will be maintaining all three Warlock specs along with several other classes
    They also have shiny new forums and are making a push on generating new content come Legion - the site definitely needed a bit of a revival so here's to better things!

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    They also have shiny new forums and are making a push on generating new content come Legion - the site definitely needed a bit of a revival so here's to better things!
    Maybe I'll actually visit their site if it doesn't make my eyes bleed when I go there. Admittedly haven't been there since they did that overhaul you see in Furty's guide so it's already less eye bleedy.

I've also noticed it's filled with a ton more EU posters than US and vice versa on MMO-C, good to have a mixture again.

Quote Originally Posted by n00block View Post
    Is the challenge mode guide on date? Is copeland and stone of fire good for every encounter? My brother said I should use prophecy of fear but I'm not sure so asking here. Do I have to have the specific listed items or does anything 630+ Mastery&Crit piece go? Also how does the rotation go how do I use cataclysm effectively
    If you have DSI you could use that with Copeland's. But no, you don't have to have any specific items - anything with Crit/Mastery is fine. Use Cataclysm on important / big trash packs, it's not the bosses that stop you from getting CM:Gold, it's the time you take to kill the packs in-between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghormus View Post
    If you have DSI you could use that with Copeland's. But no, you don't have to have any specific items - anything with Crit/Mastery is fine. Use Cataclysm on important / big trash packs, it's not the bosses that stop you from getting CM:Gold, it's the time you take to kill the packs in-between them.
    Not entirely up-to-date. Charred Remains is generally a little better now with the amount of heavy mastery pieces, though Cataclysm is still contextually good depending on the pace of the instance. They are both very close for average gold clears, but choices vary for speed times depending on the instance in question. With Cataclysm you should use Dark Soul glyph in most instances. Trinkets are still up-to-date, and unless there is a massive bug I'm unaware of, Prophecy of Fear is one of the worst possible trinket choices.

Hello all.

A returning Lock here who has played Aff for as long as he can remember, I am trying destro for my guild. I have a very quick question about the destro rotation that I'm struggling to find the definitive answer for.

I was just wondering about when I use Chaos Bolt. I wait for procs and only cast outside of procs when capping. Thing is, and excuse my ignorance, but during a proc should I burn all my chaos bolts or cast 1, top up my embers then cast another, until the proc wears off?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris View Post
    Hello all.

I was just wondering about when I use Chaos Bolt. I wait for procs and only cast outside of procs when capping. Thing is, and excuse my ignorance, but during a proc should I burn all my chaos bolts or cast 1, top up my embers then cast another, until the proc wears off?

Thanks in advance.
    It really depends what's currently happening in the fight. If you're on Mannoroth for example and imps are going to spawn soon you would want to keep pooling those embers so you can aoe them down quick before melee beat you to the punch. Single target on the other hand yes you would want to burn all of your embers right away on that proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Why would you cast one and build until cap again? You gain no benefit for having 4 embers v 1, so the only thing it's doing is meaning you're at 3+ embers when your procs run out, meaning you need to cast more CB's without procs to avoid capping.

Situational things aside ofcourse, if suddenly dps stops mattering (Archimonde transitioning to final phase etc and the proc may have been a weapon enchant as opposed to one you can control), or you expect an additional proc to be coming up (trinket proc up, close to capping, expect weapon proc soon etc) then you can switch to some generation, but as a rule of thumb your burn phase is your burn phase, you're describing the exact same gameplay as you're rightly doing outside of the burn phase - generating embers and spending 1 to avoid capping.

Anxious to see the different playstyles for speccing between Destro.

Will you guys post the Destro 7.x guide here as well? I don't have any problem with icy veins format. I just prefer these forums :P
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Will you guys post the Destro 7.x guide here as well? I don't have any problem with icy veins format. I just prefer these forums :P
    Yes, there is a Legion guide coming from a previous guide writer in place for Furty since he can't post his stuff here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Yes, there is a Legion guide coming from a previous guide writer in place for Furty since he can't post his stuff here anymore.
    Why can't he post here anymore? I haven't been around the scene for >year.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    Why can't he post here anymore? I haven't been around the scene for >year.
    My guess, with some reasoning behind it, would be that Furty does a number of the Icy Veins guides, so is probably not allowed to post guides elsewhere as part of that agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    My guess, with some reasoning behind it, would be that Furty does a number of the Icy Veins guides, so is probably not allowed to post guides elsewhere as part of that agreement.
    Righto, basically. Of course if they let him spread the joy he could have definitely done it!

So is there an eta about when a destruction guide will be up for legion

Quote Originally Posted by krittical View Post
    So is there an eta about when a destruction guide will be up for legion
    Before Legion...so SoonTM