Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Smaller sub option

They seriously need something like a 48 hour sub. Let us pay like $1.99, limited to once a month, to sub for a couple of days. There have been times where I've petitioned for a few days to get my account in order (Once to clear out auction house stuff before mothballing my account, once for gathering the gold from various characters and accounts to buy a WoW token, etc), and they have always given it to me, which is nice. But it usually takes about a day or more to get a response.

Give us the ability to sub for a couple of days. Something cheap, non-recurring, time restricted (so you can't just spam it).

The reason I bring this up is because I just paid $15 to install WoW, log in, get the movie transmog stuff, log out, and uninstall WoW until I'm ready for Legion. Did I need to do that? Not really. But I'm a transmog whore and didn't want to pass free transmog gear up. I'm not playing WoW until Legion, so I just paid $15 for the gear lol.

In hindsight, I probably could've petitioned for a few days to log in and do that, but I didn't think about it at first, not until I paid for the sub...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Kind of silly when there are tokens you can use to pay for the game instead.

You know part of the idea behind limited time offers like this is to get people to resubscribe for a month during content drought? Do you think it's then realistic to think that they would do this?

So why does this thread exist?

uninstall, what you're low on HDD space? you're in the 1990's or something?

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The reason I bring this up is because I just paid $15 to install WoW, log in, get the movie transmog stuff, log out, and uninstall WoW until I'm ready for Legion..
    Are you being over dramatic, or is this hyperbole? Why would you uninstall it if you're going to be playing again in less than 3 months?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    uninstall, what you're low on HDD space? you're in the 1990's or something?
    I clean my computer like I clean my room. If it isn't needed, it gets put away. Is that a crime?
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I clean my computer like I clean my room. If it isn't needed, it gets put away. Is that a crime?
    Not a crime, just weird.

not a crime but as someone else has said weird since you're intending to play in legion, it's not like you're going OMG that wow game in the b.net app i keep fucking tripping over it, it's making the whole place look a mess!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    not a crime but as someone else has said weird since you're intending to play in legion, it's not like you're going OMG that wow game in the b.net app i keep fucking tripping over it, it's making the whole place look a mess!
    I don't think it's weird at all. It takes what, an hour to download WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't think it's weird at all. It takes what, an hour to download WoW?
    sorry im in the UK, 3rd world internet i can't download a game this size in that time

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    the reason they do those promotions is for exactly this reason. they want to get their $15 and maybe you might stick around and keep playing. every game does it.

i get the "youve received a free weeks worth of game time" just about every 4-6 months and i havent had a sub since Cata...

Deleted
    Is a sub even required? You can just make a lvl 1 (anything under lvl 20 is free to access on a non-active account) and get the FoS.

Edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744634342#6 - you didn't need to re-sub...
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2016-05-25 at 11:55 PM.

Can't access mailboxes with trial accounts. And since you can't get mail, you can't get the transmog stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Can't access mailboxes with trial accounts. And since you can't get mail, you can't get the transmog stuff.
    Blue post - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744634342#8

Also, as long as you received the achievement the items for both factions will be added to your collection once the system is implemented.
    Getting the achievement just requires logging in, so while you won't be able to retrieve the items from the mail, that should otherwise qualify the account so when the transmog system is implemented they are automatically added to your collection.

7+ Year Old Account
    You must have a really crappy computer that you have to temporarily uninstall WoW for a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know you can get free gametime if you play your cards right. Just go chat with a GM. Most likely won't work if you've been active lately tho.
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

It'd be nice to have an option for a week of game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Ouch, wish I knew that >.>

I had logged into my account, made a level 1 (basically the same privileges as a trial/free), I did get the achievement, but I couldn't access the mailbox. As I have had Blizzard eat up so much stuff from my mailbox in the past, I was afraid of losing the loot. That's why I subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Ah, good. I logged in to both Horde and Alliance toons to get the FoS, just in case. They're in my mailbox, but guess I don't have to resub until after a few Legion patches.