Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Id rather lynch the guy that just moaned about being targeted day 1 because he didn't like the reason over someone actively fighting their lynch and who is actually around to do so. But that's just me. Complain about people not posting all you want but it's not going to change when you lynch one of the most active players day 1 and let the other guy off for not being around to fight it.
    Wow, I agree with Anakso, someone shoot me now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Who's the other guy?

Obviously I haven't been reading through all fifteen pages; I'm programming for the game project right now and so much happens in between alt-tabs.

As for Listo, he just seems to be upset (as would anyone) to be on the verge of being killed for a game that hasn't really started (it's D1), and won't be able to play for at least a couple weeks until the next game starts.

Oh, and hi, I'm still here.
    Kurenai. look back to the last vote count.

That's a valid point Dendrek, but I personally believe listo is a smart player so I just find it hard to believe he would pull off such a terrible claim as scum, but it is certainly a possibility yes.

I'd rather lynch Kurenai for his (in my opinion) very weird reaction to the pressure on him and honestly overall a fairly weak defense.
    Last edited by dupti; 2016-05-26 at 12:47 AM.

We need people to speak up or we're likely to end with a no lynch. Who here is willing to switch their votes?

For the record, I am. I'd prefer to lynch Listo, but I will switch to Kurenai to get a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Id rather lynch the guy that just moaned about being targeted day 1 because he didn't like the reason over someone actively fighting their lynch and who is actually around to do so. But that's just me. Complain about people not posting all you want but it's not going to change when you lynch one of the most active players day 1 and let the other guy off for not being around to fight it.
    Although I agree with you, it's not that simple. It's no longer a random lynch. We have a claim, so people have to decide whether or not they believe that claim to be town-aligned and vote accordingly. Rather than ignoring the claim and voting for Kurenai because listo is here calling people obtuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    We need people to speak up or we're likely to end with a no lynch. Who here is willing to switch their votes?

For the record, I am. I'd prefer to lynch Listo, but I will switch to Kurenai to get a majority.
    I am willing to switch, but only if it's needed to secure a lynch. But I'm only here for ~15 minutes. It's already 3 AM.

I believe his claim so I won't switch to Listo.

Thanks for at least considering it Den :P

- - - Updated - - -

Its 11 to 10 now I believe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    That's a valid point Dendrek, but I personally believe listo is a smart player so I just find it hard to believe he would pull of such a terrible claim as scum, but it is certainly a possibility yes.

I'd rather lynch Kurenai for his (in my opinion) very weird reaction to the pressure on him and honestly overall a fairly weak defense.
    Agreed. Drawing close to deadline and one guy has claimed, the other hasn't. Maybe because he doesn't have a good claim ready yet.

As for what monkz said, if your vote on Listo is entirely because you don't believe his claim to be town then that I get, personally I'm not 100% on it but without much info about the game set up yet I'm buying it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    I believe his claim so I won't switch to Listo.

Thanks for at least considering it Den :P

- - - Updated - - -

Its 11 to 10 now I believe
    So you believe he's town-aligned?

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    That's a valid point Dendrek, but I personally believe listo is a smart player so I just find it hard to believe he would pull of such a terrible claim as scum, but it is certainly a possibility yes.

Y'know what? Fuck your weak defense shit. I'd like to see you mount some wonderful defense of 'he's a habitual lurker' when I've been more active in this game than a good number of people. Hey look, Arialla already came out of the woodwork at the mention of his name to call Celtic a jerk for daring to suggest that he's up to his usual pattern which is to slide along on as few posts as possible and just get mad and threaten to leave the game forever if OH MY GOD I GOT LYNCHED BECAUSE OMG I WORK I CAN'T POST FROM WORK etc. etc. etc.

Fuck, I'm not claiming on D1 when the pressure on me has nothing to do with this game at all. Why would I do that?

If Listo wants to make me vs. him, then I guess I'll have to toss my vote onto him.

Vote Listo

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the rules highest voted player dies? It's moded majority not majority.

[Majority Lynch]:
    • Once a player has received a majority (greater than half) of the votes, the player is immediately lynched and may no longer post in the day-thread or any sub-threads that they previously had access to. They will then be given access to the dead-thread, where they can join the post-mortem speculation.
    • Please refrain from revealing game structure in the dead thread. You are free to comment on things that have been mod-confirmed, but otherwise avoid revealing the alignment of other players, roles, faction numbers, or anything else that has not.
    • If a player is majority-lynched before deadline, discussion may continue until the deadline or until a mod makes a night post (whichever comes first).

[Modified-Majority Deadline]:
    • If the Day Deadline is reached and a majority vote has not been reached, then the player with the majority of active votes will be lynched.
    • If no players have the majority of active votes, nobody will be lynched.
    Edit:

So highest vote is still lynched, we can just end a day round early by majority targeting someone to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Allowyn View Post
    Isn't the rules highest voted player dies? It's moded majority not majority.
    You might want to read the last sentence in your quote

Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    Y'know what? Fuck your weak defense shit. I'd like to see you mount some wonderful defense of 'he's a habitual lurker' when I've been more active in this game than a good number of people. Hey look, Arialla already came out of the woodwork at the mention of his name to call Celtic a jerk for daring to suggest that he's up to his usual pattern which is to slide along on as few posts as possible and just get mad and threaten to leave the game forever if OH MY GOD I GOT LYNCHED BECAUSE OMG I WORK I CAN'T POST FROM WORK etc. etc. etc.

Fuck, I'm not claiming on D1 when the pressure on me has nothing to do with this game at all. Why would I do that?

If Listo wants to make me vs. him, then I guess I'll have to toss my vote onto him.

Vote Listo
    Wow, it had nothing to do with Celtic, so fuck off dude. I was HOME. School is out so I'm not tutoring right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkz View Post
    Although I agree with you, it's not that simple. It's no longer a random lynch. We have a claim, so people have to decide whether or not they believe that claim to be town-aligned and vote accordingly. Rather than ignoring the claim and voting for Kurenai because listo is here calling people obtuse.
    Well lemme see his claim again

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    I am a Draconic Mage. I have 3 spell charges that I can use on any of my abilities which are to:
    polymorph a player into a sheep for the 1st 24 hours of the day or until I dispel it
    I can Counterspell to what I assume means to roleblock a spell cast
    I can Web someone to what I assume is roleblock a Melee Ability
    I also have a 1 shot ability that I would prefer not to say. Now with each of those spells I can alter it with Metamagic to either:
    Remain Unseen while I cast said spell - Ninja Action
    Make my spell go through defenses and protections
    Make it ignore redirection and roleblocks

Or I can use a 2nd spell charge during the night to cast the spell on another player.

Now that means I can either use 1 twinned spell with 1 normal spell or 3 non-twinned spells throughout the entire game.
    This is by itself a ludicrously powerful role, one I would dismiss immediately if this was any other game. However, if my suspcions about this being a power role heavy game are true, then it may actually be (relatively speaking) "balanced." Only way to know for sure is to have someone investigate or watch Listo to see if his night action lines up with what happens the next day, which would be most unwise for a TPR to do this early in the game...

I will give Listo the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

Modified Majority means the player with the majority of the active votes gets lynched. But that player needs an actual majority of the active votes. What you're thinking of is called "Minority Lynch" which just means the player with the most votes.

In Modified Majority, if there are only 12 votes cast at the end of the day, a player need 7+ votes on them to be lynched. If everyone has 6 or fewer votes, no one gets lynched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkz View Post
    You might want to read the last sentence in your quote
    "If the Day Deadline is reached and a majority vote has not been reached, then the player with the majority of active votes will be lynched."

Listo has the majority of active votes I think. If not we'll find out in an hour. (I have raid in an hour I MIGHT MISS THE CLIMAX)

Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    Y'know what? Fuck your weak defense shit.
    Well, Speaking as one of the few people that's really came to your defense over the "Habitual" thing. I would personally like a reason to not vote for you over Listo rather than "listo is a jerk face! you're all jerk faces!"

So if you would please take a breath and explain why you're worth having around more so than listo it would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Allowyn View Post
    "If the Day Deadline is reached and a majority vote has not been reached, then the player with the majority of active votes will be lynched."

Listo has the majority of active votes I think. If not we'll find out in an hour. (I have raid in an hour I MIGHT MISS THE CLIMAX)
    Thaat's not the last sentence.

Alright Kurenai, why should I town read you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Modified Majority means the player with the majority of the active votes gets lynched. But that player needs an actual majority of the active votes. What you're thinking of is called "Minority Lynch" which just means the player with the most votes.

In Modified Majority, if there are only 12 votes cast at the end of the day, a player need 7+ votes on them to be lynched. If everyone has 6 or fewer votes, no one gets lynched.
    I AM SO NEW TO YOUR CONFUSING WAYS. My mafia's are just "They have the most votes, string 'em up!" and then the GM would spend 3 hours writing a gory assed post about how the person died. Usually involving something derogatory about them. It was just that kinda forum.

If that's the case, I'm willing to switch.

But I still think it's Listo. Their role seems a little too OP for just a town one.

I feel like Kurenai is genuinely upset and frustrated.

I'll stick to my vote on Listo. I think he messed up by not realizing how scummy some of his abilities/perks were. Because I do think it's his actual role, I just don't think he's town-aligned.

With that I'm off to bed.

One hour left. Choose wisely guys!

Do you think that's a town tell monkz?