Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Good and evil are very subjective things usually decided by who is left standing at the end of the confrontation. Which is why "the good guy always wins" mentality exists. I am sure in his mind Sargeras is doing what he believes is right for the universe as a whole. It just kinda sucks for those that get subjugated and/or destroyed in the process. Since technically that is his goal with the people of the planet we MMO in he is, from our perspective, evil. Unless of course you are a part of some strange Sargeras cult that buys what he is selling and are willing to get snuffed out to prove it. "Join him in his holy vision" type of shit. Redemption is of course a direction it can go but that is something that has yet to pass. So for the time being..
    Wish I could join the Legion. Wow would be a lot more fun if we could make our own choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Wish I could join the Legion. Wow would be a lot more fun if we could make our own choices.
    It would be interesting and certainly feel much more like a separate faction. I wouldn't mind it because I prefer choice. But as we know Blizzard prefers the narrow road.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Repasting from a super old "leak" post that was complete right on about pretty specific things like Illidan becoming the light/dark chosen one. This also makes sense in terms of setting up the Burning Legion, Old Gods and Void Lords as all equal "dark" forces in the universe.
    much of isn't new lore. Illidan was never really a villain in the lore. This was so clear in WotA - he was greatly mis-understood.

The difficulty people have with Illidan and night elves, is that once they introduced them in WC3, it has taken ages for blizzard to get back to them, so people think that Illidan is just an evil b/c of TBC or night elves are just nature based. So now they finally continuing their story, they find it hard to considerr Illidan as actully heroic, or night elves actually having/gaining a world class and leading arcane side in the nightborne. It feels weird to them because for so long this has been the case. And most of them never played WC3, nor read the books.

But for a person like me, WC3, then WotA - I was expecting to see Illidan soon vindicated in wow or after TBC, I was expecting Blizzard to bring back the night elves' arcane mastery side to them. especially when their story kicks off after a heroic 10K year sacrifice of vigil ending in another sacrifice of their immortality - their whole reason for not using magic no longer applied. I thought it would be a story that would show you the night elves getting back on their feet and fully coming back into their full society. I didn't know how they would do it. At first I thought they would show night elves rebuilding their cities. Then I realized wow doesn't visit old content again... so i wondered. When cataclysm announced re-make I thought .. maybe now we'll see it proper, but we didn't, and I realized blizzard simply didn't have time to pour any major or even minor art asset upgrade or focus on night elves who were not the focus of the cataclysm.

So how? I knew it would have to be an expansion that would focus on night elves mainly for it to get the sort of treatment in the lore it should get - and thought maybe the Azshara expansion will bring these things, but i was skeptical because the Azshara expansion is likely going to heavily focus on Naga at and Nazjatar, if night elves arcane side was going to return it would likely be small, like the pitiful (but significant in lore) highborne showing in cata starting zones.

So i was really surprised when they announced Legion, and as soon as they said Broken Shore, I knew, their time had finally vome. Legion meant Illidan, Broken Shore meant a night elf focus - not naga.. And they said it "we wanted to show night elf society at the pinnacle of it's power in pre-sundering time, but didn't want another time travel experience, having already done that"

and I was pleased, this way saved them the effort of suddenly having night elves building super arcane society when they've not been shown to have been doing that in the 14 years of WoW, this one works better because with the nightborne, you can just add the group to the night elves who desperately need the numbers, and the nightborne who survive will desperately need the support of a nation of familiar faces in a world they have no other ties too except their own people.

Fits like a glove. So I am happy for it. And we will get to see illidan now, totally mis-understood not fade as yet another tragic story of what shouldn't have been, and the night elves too, get something really nice, a bit of power back too and a little splendour, a hope for rebuilding so much of what has been shattered for 10k years - also their first real possibility of hope - if we can help they and the good nightborne drive the legion out then cleanse nightwell.

It would be interesting and certainly feel much more like a separate faction. I wouldn't mind it because I prefer choice. But as we know Blizzard prefers the narrow road.
    They would have to create raids SOLEY for this faction. It wouldn't make sense to have the legion raids go against Archimonde and the like when they are on that side... Maybe Legion defects could go off to Alliance and Horde such, but it just seems like an extremely unviable option to have Legion as their own faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is really, really stupid... He could have simply told the mortals "hey, there is this ungodly fuck all powerful evil that is coming to consume the universe, will you join my army to help stop it?" instead of just slaughtering them or using demonic corruption to try and get them to join (like with the Orcs)... Forging alliances instead of trying to conquer the mortals, especially given how much trouble we have given him, would have served his goals much more efficiently.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

To be fair how many games actually allow you that kind of freedom? The most they generally end to give you is letting you decide a faction, which in other games may be the 'good faction evil faction' perhaps but that's about it. I wouldn't call it the narrow road, more like the average road considering how rare that level of choice actually is in games.

The presumed backstory before the release of Chronicle: While the Titans were cultivating Azeroth, Sargeras, just like his creation, Neltharion, was corrupted by the Old Gods imprisoned deep within the planet. Since then he formed a massive army forged in fire & chaos, set on burning the Titans' creations from all worlds in order to return the Old God's to their previous dominance.

The clarified backstory after the release of Chronicle: Sargeras decided on his own that all corporeal life must be destroyed. He concluded that given enough time, everything the Titans created will eventually be corrupted by the Old Gods. So he uses everything in his power, including, in some instances, the power of void corruption itself, to kill everything and everyone. He himself is a non-corporeal being, like the Titans, but he also had to kill the other Titans in order to stop them form creating life.

This change makes Sargeras a rival to the Old Gods, instead of an agent of them. And he's in his right mind: Both changes make him a more compelling villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    To be fair how many games actually allow you that kind of freedom? The most they generally end to give you is letting you decide a faction, which in other games may be the 'good faction evil faction' perhaps but that's about it. I wouldn't call it the narrow road, more like the average road considering how rare that level of choice actually is in games.
    A lot of single player games. But don't let me dull your armor up to much. Because it is white and glistening so much my little knight friend. If we are being fair for a moment, as you said, doesn't Blizzard fall under most if as you put it most games. So kinda saying I am right but only from a certain point of view. Kind of like Sargeras could be good or evil... just to make sure at least my post stays at the least bit on topic in spirit of the topic.

But you are a badass brotha.. LoL

A lot of single player games. But don't let me dull your armor up to much. Because it is white and glistening so much my little knight friend. If we are being fair for a moment, as you said, doesn't Blizzard fall under most if as you put it most games. So kinda saying I am right but only from a certain point of view. Kind of like Sargeras could be good or evil... just to make sure at least my post stays at the least bit on topic in spirit of the topic.

But you are a badass brotha.. LoL
    Single player games can offer a lot more choice and freedom than multiplayer games. I'm not white knighting blizzard, I have plenty of issues with the story and game, but I don't see 'I can't join the antagonists' as something that's particularly limiting. You can't join the Thalmor or Alduin in Skyrim, narrow road! I just think that's a particularly silly argument to use to try and call the game narrow. Now if you want to try and bring up the linear nature of quests and choices being almost entirely nonexistent in any meaningful way, then sure I could see where you're coming from, but the inability to side with the primary protagonist of a franchise is not a good argument for that claim.

No idea where the 'badass brotha' comment came from. Just pointing out a flawed argument.
    Last edited by Florena; 2016-05-25 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with saying he's not evil is that he's doing basically this:

"You're going to die eventually so instead of letting you live out the rest of your life and derive whatever pleasure you get from that, I'm going to kill you now."

Uh, no thanks.

No idea where the 'badass brotha' comment came from. Just pointing out a flawed argument.
    The need to reply, again, has covered that.

But moving on I really do think Sargeras is a character that could have depth. But odds are Blizzard will take the narrow path of either making it the class "I was all wrong" turn around or "Me demon man! Destroy" and that will be that.

The need to reply, again, has covered that.

But moving on I really do think Sargeras is a character that could have depth. But odds are Blizzard will take the narrow path of either making it the class "I was all wrong" turn around or "Me demon man! Destroy" and that will be that.
    Riiiight. I quote a post of yours and disagree with you and suddenly I'm a white knight riding blizz's ****. I reply to your post explaining that I'm simply disagreeing with a specific point you made and not saying WoW or Blizzard are flawless, and rather than address my point all you have is this? Whatever. XD It called having a conversation on a forum. I'm not the one resorting to name calling. But if you're not going to actually reply to my point then take care.

so.
    Nathrezim=ancient halo humans
    Old gods=Flood
    Titans=forerunners.
    (halo 4)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Sargeras has a noble goal - preventing the Old Gods from corrupting a Titan and the known universe - but his answer is to burn everything and start over. So, what? We just lie down and die saying, "Oh noble and good Sargeras, burn us until there is nothing left!"
    On a side note, wouldn't it be great if Sargeras wins, burns everything, and recreates the universe as WoW2?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    On a side note, wouldn't it be great if Sargeras wins, burns everything, and recreates the universe as WoW2?
    That is one way it could go. But that would really alienate the playerbase since twelve plus years of work just burned to ash...

So Sargeras will save the universe by destroying it first?
    Will he himself die in the process or does he rely on the universe to create life on its own again?
    Last edited by Dompap; 2016-05-25 at 10:42 PM.

He is a great example of the path to hell being paved by good intentions. He is taking a Ultron type of approach to saving everybody.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The WoW2 thing isn't cute anymore. Why would Blizzard make a WoW2? When Asheron's Call & Everquest made their MMO Sequals, they literally destroyed their companies.

It's been well documented: Making a sequel to your MMO is subscription suicide.

That bit of fan-fiction in the opening post doesn't prove too much. Also, it's got certain details wrong. The Titans don't have a planet. And Sargeras isn't out to protect his people. We now know he killed the other Titans.

And yes, he began this Burning Crusade for almost understandable reasons. For reasons not 100% evil or insane. But this was ages ago. Since making that decision, he's become the most fel-corrupted being in existence. A super-demon. And murdered his friends. Just because you feel he wasn't totally insane and evil in the past when he started this path so long ago, certainly doesn't mean he isn't so, now.

Riiiight. I quote a post of yours and disagree with you and suddenly I'm a white knight riding blizz's ****. I reply to your post explaining that I'm simply disagreeing with a specific point you made and not saying WoW or Blizzard are flawless, and rather than address my point all you have is this? Whatever. XD It called having a conversation on a forum. I'm not the one resorting to name calling. But if you're not going to actually reply to my point then take care.
    Another reply? The proof. Also I am not the one in denial here. I am a total asshole. But the fact you are and don't admit it is what makes it funny to me. But again.. to get back on subject. You are here to talk about that right.. or am I really that important to you. If so PM me.. we can chat about how I am indeed a serious badass in private.

Clearly Sargeras can be a complex character. I look forward to seeing where it finally ends up.