The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chicago in and of itself isn't super different, though we have become the food center of the US, much to New Yorker's dismay.

What I like about Illinois is we're right in the middle pretty much, and by being right by Chicago, we're literally in the middle of /everything./

Want a certain beer? It probably goes to Illinois before many other states. Want a certain food? Chicago/the area literally has every kind you could imagine. Literally every musical act will perform here, it's the home of the blues, there's a lot more to see than people realize. Hell, even more than I realize, I can admit that.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Chicago in and of itself isn't super different, though we have become the food center of the US, much to New Yorker's dismay.

What I like about Illinois is we're right in the middle pretty much, and by being right by Chicago, we're literally in the middle of /everything./

Want a certain beer? It probably goes to Illinois before many other states. Want a certain food? Chicago/the area literally has every kind you could imagine. Literally every musical act will perform here, it's the home of the blues, there's a lot more to see than people realize. Hell, even more than I realize, I can admit that.
    Oh you want to have a State Off? You got it man!

New York is just seen as the food center of US because they have a lot of people and diversity, but it kinda fails at having its own kind of food.

But whats better than Illinois? Louisiana! Were also in the middle of everything. We have Cajun, Creole, Native American, Mexican and many other different types of food. You like seafood? Good, because here you can literally get something that was caught just earlier that day. We got your hot sauces and spices also. As for the blues, Chicago is not the home of the blues(though I will give you house music). The blues existed before 1930s, which originated from the deep south. But New Orleans is the birthplace of Jazz. And lets not forget the nightlife in the French Quarter.

Ive always wanted to try your pizza though :/.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Louisiana is alright, seems like it enjoys getting decimated by hurricanes though... I mean... =/

I'll get you pizza if you come visit. XD

The only food or whatever you listed which I can't say we have too... is the seafood caught that day. :P

However, we do have Bob Chinn's Crabhouse. That place is amaaaaaaaaaaazing.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    State wars!
    New tv series.

Oh, food in NA?
    Toronto, Montreal, Mexico City, Ensenada.. Great places for food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Oh, food in NA?
    Places like Chicago literally are culture centers of the world though, and for good reason. =|

Since America has no culture of its own (I SAID IT) and really we're just a mish mash of A TON of other cultures.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Places like Chicago literally are culture centers of the world though, and for good reason. =|

Since America has no culture of its own (I SAID IT) and really we're just a mish mash of A TON of other cultures.
    >Fast-food
    >Bad beer
    >Horrible barbecues (why the fuck do you guys serve hamburgers at BBQs?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    >Fast-food
    >Bad beer
    >Horrible barbecues (why the fuck do you guys serve hamburgers at BBQs?)
    Great. An assumption based on the absolute botton-of-the-barrel part of our nation.

Are you trolling or do you seriously want me to school you? I'm not a "MURICA IS NUMBER 1!!!" American, however I am also not stupid. I'm realistic and I have a real life friend who is here for a few years from France, who has said she is pretty damn impressed by American restaurants.

All you ever hear about is shit like McDonald's, but that's literally not what anyone with any sufficient amount of money goes to.

We also have enough Michelin star-rated restaurants/chefs to make your jaw drop.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great. An assumption based on the absolute botton-of-the-barrel part of our nation.

Are you trolling or do you seriously want me to school you? I'm not a "MURICA IS NUMBER 1!!!" American, however I am also not stupid. I'm realistic and I have a real life friend who is here for a few years from France, who has said she is pretty damn impressed by American restaurants.

All you ever hear about is shit like McDonald's, but that's literally not what anyone with any sufficient amount of money goes to.

We also have enough Michelin star-rated restaurants/chefs to make your jaw drop.
    M8, you must realise that talking bad about the US is an Internet meme.

I wouldn't really say that the restaurants are impressive, they're normal, what's truly impressive is that people are usually educated and respectful and that everyone actually follow the rules and do things in an organised way.

I was impressed by how well people wait on lines or how well people sit at theaters, people actually tried to make it easier for everyone doing it peacefully and in order.

15+ Year Old Account
    So this happened today:
    Would you like to update your AMD driver?
    "Why not?"
    *Installs*
    Would you like to restart now?
    "Yes"
    Restarts with BSOD
    "FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    *Do I have a recovery?*
    "Fuckkkkkk!!!"
    *Boots into safe mode*
    *Tries to uninstall with AMD shit*
    You have an error! Please contact AMD
    "FUFUFUUUUUU"
    *Installs DDU*
    "Well that worked"
    *Reinstalls drivers that I just installed and it works*

Moral of the story? When ever a driver ask you to allow it to update itself? It can go fuck itself instead. I got it AMD/Windows, you don't have to babysit my computer for me.

The only food or whatever you listed which I can't say we have too... is the seafood caught that day. :P
    It is rare, but it does happen. Some places you can even bring a fish you caught and they will clean and cook it for you.

Some other delicacies we have is Crawfish(think of small lobsters), Boudin(sausage with rice and spices), Gumbo(thick stew with some meat), Jambalaya(rice/vegetables/meat), Po'boy(french bread with seafood) and Red Beans and Rice. If you know the right place, you may even be able to find Alligator, Frog Legs, and Turtle Soup.

For desert we have King Cake(think giant cinnamon roll that can include fillings), Beignet(doughnut like), Bananas Foster(bananas with ice cream and is Flambé with run;hard to make) and Pecan Pie.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Oh, food in NA?
    None of those include US, your such a tease goat.

How do you create more culture? By either throwing more together or by separating people. When you get a bunch of different cultures and throw them all into the same place, you can get different foods. Like Creole is originated/blended from French, Spanish, West African, Amerindian, German, Italian and Irish cultures.

I wouldn't really say that the restaurants are impressive, they're normal, what's truly impressive is that people are usually educated and respectful and that everyone actually follow the rules and do things in an organised way.

I was impressed by how well people wait on lines or how well people sit at theaters, people actually tried to make it easier for everyone doing it peacefully and in order.
    Wait this is not normal? I tend to feel that people from big cities are much more ruder than those who live out in the country.

People in Brazil must be ....nuts.
    Last edited by apepi; 2016-05-26 at 01:02 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    If I ever learned anything from installing drivers, always use DDU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Wait this is not normal? I tend to feel that people from big cities are much more ruder than those who live out in the country.

People in Brazil must be ....nuts.
    I was also amazed by the number of bicycles that I saw at Denmark. Seriously, it was amazing and felt so clean without many cars around even inside cities. And yeah I can totally agree with ruder people at bigger cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    M8, you must realise that talking bad about the US is an Internet meme.

This is very intriguing to me. To see that that's something you noticed whenever it was and wherever it was you spent time in America...

And yeah, standing up to let others get to their seat or go to the bathroom... is that not a norm in other countries? D: I mean shit, it's not the end of the world lol
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly a repost but I found it pretty funny >_<

Last edited by Xuvial; 2016-05-26 at 07:00 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

This is very intriguing to me. To see that that's something you noticed whenever it was and wherever it was you spent time in America...

And yeah, standing up to let others get to their seat or go to the bathroom... is that not a norm in other countries? D: I mean shit, it's not the end of the world lol
    One thing I noticed when I was in the States was how salty food there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Possibly a repost but I found it pretty funny >_<

[img]http://i.imgur.com/2NU2jAp.jpg[img]
    Sounds about right, don't know what's funny about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    One thing I noticed when I was in the States was how salty food there is.
    Don't worry, my parents complain about that too, and I'd agree with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience it was salty as well.

I've gotten the impression that America likes to make things either extremely sweet, very salty or fry it.

Though then again, I got the impression that Denmark also makes stuff like Coca Cola super-sweet, even by Norwegian Coca Cola standard. Like holy hell, it was actually legit sickeningly sweet when I tried it in Denmark. Anyway, point is it might not be a very accurate impression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that you mentioned it I indeed found coca-cola to be bad in one of those Nordic countries. I don't remember which one since I was fairly young but it was surely different than what it should taste like.

And off-topic but, that 1080 thread is pure cancer.

Yes, Artorious. Yes it is. And so is the AMD Polaris one. Way too much litter.