Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mumufu View Post
    Saw it in Nuremberg, Germany, midnight preview.
    First it was really sucessfull. More People on warcraft midnight preview than on civial war / x mem preview combined.

To give a honest an objective opinion: Warcraft fans will rate it higher than non warcraft fans, but
    i dont know that the press in america is doing. In Germany, moderate-good review critics.
    But compare the movie to battlefield earth or giving DB Movie a higher rating the Warcraft is ridicilous, even if youre not a warcraft fan.
    Pure INCOMPETENCE from press like variety.

Even for a Fan it is not LoTR Niveau, but a good fanasty movie. Friend of mine, even if he knows nothing about WArcraft, found the movie better than hobbit trilogie (I know alot people hate hobbit, too)

I think 8-9/10 for warcraft fans and 6-8/ for non warcraft fans is pretty accurate.
    The biggest flaw imo is that the movie is to short. For Example some Deaths would be way more dramatic if they had like an addionatal 30-40 minute only for character development.

So far, my opinion
    Most european reviewers in general are rating it higher. To be honest a lot of the negative reviews so far seem to have a personal tone to them, some rude comments and personal insults to Duncan Jones or Blizzard. Seems kind of petty for "professional" film critics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I assumed it would be a lot of world building for a possible trilogy of the 3 wars, did you get that impression? I haven't seen it yet obviously.
    Yeah, definitely. There where some loose story lines at the end of the movie, waiting to be picked up in a (possible) sequel or even trilogy.

You could even see for a brief moment Arthas and Frostmourne frozen in the Blizzard Logo as an easteregg at the beginning of the movie. Maybe it is a little hint for a future film?!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Mark spoilers please.
    Saying a movie has a cliffhanger isn't really spoilers.

Most fans I have talked to who have seen it adore it. Good news?

Quote Originally Posted by hortrorog View Post
    how is that a spoiler
    that was pretty given lol
    Some people don't like going into movies knowing there's a twist or cliffhanger ending. It's a minor spoiler. I don't really give a shit, I'm just asking to take precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    This reminds me of the whole flying debacle in WoD for some reason. Everyone complained about flying pre-WoD and how it "killed immersion", then they try to keep Draenor a flightless planet for the entire expansion and then people just went ape shit and protested Blizzard to implement flying. So they did and it appeared that everyone was at the very least neutral about it.

But then, but then, quite literally a week after Blizzard allows people to fly on Draenor, a thread pops up with a guy complaining about flying.

Warcraft fans will never be pleased as a whole, some of us wanted pandas, we got pandas, people complained. People hate flying, then suddenly players miss and desperately need flying on Draenor and then go back to being displeased about it.

I just don't understand sometimes...why are so many Blizz fans so picky and pessimistic (myself included sometimes, I won't put myself on a pedestal)???
    Seems to be the same vocal minority on this forum that hates Blizzard for literally everything they do.
    Mhmm & its also which is exactly why I disagree with 85% of people on this forum because their opinions are bias, hypocritical and quite maddening.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2016-05-26 at 01:30 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Gad you enjoyed it, but can we please not overload the general discussions with movie threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Most fans I have talked to who have seen it adore it. Good news?
    Every Warcraft fan I've talked to or seen on twitter etc seem to love it. Sadly the movie is only "successful" if the "professionals" and the general public like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What scenes from the trailers did not make it into the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Every Warcraft fan I've talked to or seen on twitter etc seem to love it. Sadly the movie is only "successful" if the "professionals" and the general public like it.
    That's definitely not true. Plenty of movies get panned by critics and go on to be extremely successful with audiences. Michael Bay's entire career is because of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ebius View Post
    Yeah, definitely. There where some loose story lines at the end of the movie, waiting to be picked up in a (possible) sequel or even trilogy.

You could even see for a brief moment Arthas and Frostmourne frozen in the Blizzard Logo as an easteregg at the beginning of the movie. Maybe it is a little hint for a future film?!
    Tbh if they are going for a trilogy i had the feeling that a second movie would be about the second war and a third movie would be about Blackmoore/Thrall becoming Warchief. It would be really hard including wc3 storyline imo. Only way is, if they scrap the second war and thralls story withing ONE Movie.

@Feyinh:

"They are beasts!"

for example if you know what scene im talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    @Feyinh:

"They are beasts!"

Question, did they show any Legion commercials or perhaps the cinematic itself during the previews b4 the movie?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    @Feyinh:

"They are beasts!"

They should all be destroyed.

And that scene too, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Question, did they show any Legion commercials or perhaps the cinematic itself during the previews b4 the movie?

No, nothing of that. I hope not to spoiler anything with that, but we see something like a hint for Legion as there

will be a demon, looking exactly like the tank form of demon hunter Some people will want to play demon hunter tank after seeing this scene.

Deleted
    No, but Assasins Creed Trailer is promoting before the Movie

Great to hear. Though it doesn't matter if the movie was great or bad, the WoW community will hate on it regardless because its "cool".
    you ok bub? You seem to change your opinion on WoW stuff hourly.

This movie will be my favourite one in 2016. Assassins Creed will be good, but the idea is just not that huge.
    That invalidates your opinion any way, very fanboy/closed minded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The first war isn't that complicated of the story.
    You didn't read the Novels then I reckon. Personally the Story was weaker than the incredible story told in the books. And in the last Act it goes completly off the rails. Some beats are still in this. Most of them aren't.

I rated it a 7/10 or a 8/10 if I ignored the weaker Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    What scenes from the trailers did not make it into the movie?
    Spoilers below:
    The trailers make you believe there is conflict in the alliance itself. There is hardly any of it. The Orcs are CLEARLY the bad guys. Still.

That's definitely not true. Plenty of movies get panned by critics and go on to be extremely successful with audiences. Michael Bay's entire career is because of this.
    That is why I opted to include "the general public" in my comment.