Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Illidan was never "morally grey" because everything he did that seemed good was still selfish. He was a selfish child that did things to impress Tyrande to try to make her love him. "Hmmmmm how can I save everyone to make her love me?" and that ultimately turned her to hate him more and more, and yet deep down she still has the slight spark of interest in him which we all know is there, Illidan included, thus he continues to do literally batshit crazy things to try to beat the legion in impress her.

There's nothing morally grey there. It's all a matter of dark intentions that lead to slightly good outcomes. Destroying the Naztherim homeworld was a huge success for us, but was nothing more than a "LOOK AT ME TYRANDE!!!!!! LOOOOOOK!!!! FOR YOUUUUUUUU" coupled with trying to slow the legion down for once again selfish desires of self preservation because they wanted him dead.
    ......... Just, what? That's not even how it was presented in Warcraft 3. Obviously, he still had feelings for her, but his intentions after being released were to prove to both Tyrande and Malfurion that the demons had no control over him and that while he still struggled with making great choices, he had the best intentions as far as what side he was working for. When the two of them found him and wouldn't believe him, he figured out that he was on his own for good -- no family, no Tyrande, nothing.
    The incident with them in Lordaeron was simply a nice postscript that wrapped up their story: the Malfurion and Tyrande perhaps understood him slightly better, and Illidan got to demonstrate his intentions.

Once in Outland, the only woman that consistently occupied his thoughts was Maiev Shadowsong, and that was to make sure she didn't find him and lop his head off.

So Illidan is basically Anakin Skywalker?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    No, that's Arthas.

Maybe we'll see Argus someday? I'm getting excited, especially that the light is tied to a certain someone.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    He more like Moses

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaaa View Post
    Maybe we'll see Argus someday? I'm getting excited, especially that the light is tied to a certain someone.
    Before this cutscene, I couldn't imagine an Argus expansion, but the detail that the "Army of Light" already has a foothold on Argus makes it more feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Once in Outland, the only woman that consistently occupied his thoughts was Maiev Shadowsong, and that was to make sure she didn't find him and lop his head off.
    I found it funny that he was afraid of her.wouldn't Illidan mop the floor with her on regular basis????

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    He more like Moses
    actually yes, that's kinda a good analogy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But the Naaru didn't account for AU Gul'dan stealing Illidan's body in order to provide a new Avatar for Sargeras. Which totally derails the Naaru's plan. Illidan will probably die tragically because the players will be forced to destroy his body.

Really, the re-introduction of Illidan was to facilitate the re-introduction of Sargeras, who needed the most powerful body on Azeroth, and that would be Illidan's.

Fortunately Anduin & Sylvanas are prefectly capable understudy 'champions of light & shadow' to lead their Armies into war on Argus.
    Well, I don't think it is, double villainising Illidan makes poor sense, when you have declared you're going to give him a redemption return in 2 consecutive Blizzcons then start the process in the novel Illidan, what you are seeing concerning Illidan is the prophecy that there was still an even greater price to pay than his 10k years imprisonment. His death.

You find out via the DH quest, that Illidan has an immortal demon soul, this is probably going to end up in a struggle or fight, that leads to Illidans spectacular return - we will probably fight the avatar of Sargeras in patch 7.1 as Illidan's body, and on weakening him severely, Illidan will be able to reclaim his own body or Elune restores it and then we get a look into the future plans which i'm sure will involve the night elves and the nightborne.

I feel the NElves will final realize the heroic side of Illidan and see the terrible sacrifices he went through to get that far, it will all come out, the whole thing about the Well of Eternity he returned which they hated him for cos they thought the demons were orchestrating this through him to come back to our world and didn't trust him when he said he'd been a double agent etc etc up to now, I suspect reactions will range from awe to grudging respect - but regardless one thing would remain clear to all NElves, the legion won't stop until destroyed, and they must arm up

I predict Illidan leading the nightborne Nelves, Malfurion possibly leading the normal nelves, Evenshade leading the highborne, and Tyrande kinda the voice of Elune to all, and the city of Suramar becoming the main staging ground for both the offensive against the Legion which was all Illidan cared prior to his death, but since his Medivh level return I think the rehabilitation of the night elves and the world would also be of care and he will set his people to being so for the best of the world, he may even try to unite the blood elves too and even succeed, and through the 2 elven groups try and unite the factions, which will only work for when we have to go fight the legion, which i'm sure we'll do as separate camps. - but that's just a guess

Illidan I think has stolen Medivh's role. IT sounds like something that would have happened to Medivh, it's too much speculating tho, 7.1 is almost a year away from now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I found it funny that he was afraid of her.wouldn't Illidan mop the floor with her on regular basis????
    She's pretty bad-ass.

Edit: crazy as hell, but bad-ass.
    Last edited by Enthralled; 2016-05-26 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well, I don't think it is, double villainising Illidan makes poor sense, when you have declared you're going to give him a redemption return in 2 consecutive Blizzcons then start the process in the novel Illidan.
    Sergeras using Illidan's body as his body isn't my theory. It's fact. Check the Black Rook Hold dungeon journal. Or the Cutscene preview from Blizzcon. It's not exactly 'villainizing' him. Illidan was redeemed, but he's just lost his body. The narrative was set up this was to be a convincing 'worst case scenario'.

It's funny you bring up Medivh, because Illidan will become like him. As a Ghost. Illidan will spend legion being a ghost, just like Medivh was in Warcraft 3.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2016-05-26 at 03:05 AM.

What if he did a reverse death knight ( originals) and had to put his soul in another races body like anduin so that way he can be both light and dark and velens vision of anduin leading the army of light could be true.

Just to fuck with everyone

Never underestimate a pissed off woman. Not even Illidan can stop one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    He more like Moses
    I must have missed the bit in the bible where One part of gold told hero's to kill moses while the burning bush told him he was special.

- - - Updated - - -

Sergeras using Illidan's body as his body isn't my theory. It's fact. Check the Black Rook Hold dungeon journal. Or the Cutscene preview from Blizzcon. It's not exactly 'villainizing' him. Illidan was redeemed, but he's just lost his body. The narrative was set up this was to be a convincing 'worst case scenario'.

It's funny you bring up Medivh, because Illidan will become like him. As a Ghost. Illidan will spend legion being a ghost, just like Medivh was in Warcraft 3.
    it isn't fact. We've heard nothing about Sargearas actually been put into him, not yet anyway
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    it isn't fact. We've heard nothing about Sargearas actually been put into him, not yet anyway
    There is no possible other purpose for Gul'dan to use Illidan's body. And not Kil'j. Sargeras is the last titan. Titans need bodies. Eredar can't possess empty vessels. And go look at the Cutscene panel from Blizzcon: They show storyboards from the Broken Shore cutscene: That's their big reveal. Sargeras shows up in Illidan's body: Kills Varian.

That's just like...

...your interpretation, man. Especially when doing good things for selfish reasons don't exactly nullify those good things. And not completely consistent, as he was sent to 10,000 years prison after he screwed Tyrande over and betrayed her to Azshara. So he has certain motives outside crushing priestess puss.
    Even if you push Tyrande out of the equation even though the only reason he turned on Azshara ultimately was to turn back to Tyrande, everything he has done since against the Legion was selfish because he only wants to fight them before they come for him. Nothing he has done was selfless. Fanbois are the ones making up this headcanon that he's some cool "morally grey" dude. BS. He's a little whiny angsty butthurt selfish character. Sylvannas is more selfless than Illidan ever was.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no possible other purpose for Gul'dan to use Illidan's body. And not Kil'j. Sargeras is the last titan. Titans need bodies. Eredar can't possess empty vessels. And go look at the Cutscene panel from Blizzcon: They show storyboards from the Broken Shore cutscene: That's their big reveal. Sargeras shows up in Illidan's body: Kills Varian.
    Link the source for that because they didn't even need that to happen for him to die. The horde and alliance were already overwhelmed.

Also there's nothing in BRH's dungeon journal that even suggests what you're saying happens at broken shore since all it says is Guldan separates Illidan's soul from his body or at least tries to. What HAS been suggested is that his body would be a conduit for a portal.
    Last edited by purebalance; 2016-05-26 at 03:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Even if you push Tyrande out of the equation even though the only reason he turned on Azshara ultimately was to turn back to Tyrande, everything he has done since against the Legion was selfish because he only wants to fight them before they come for him. Nothing he has done was selfless. Fanbois are the ones making up this headcanon that he's some cool "morally grey" dude. BS. He's a little whiny angsty butthurt selfish character. Sylvannas is more selfless than Illidan ever was.
    Hmmm, the only headcanon here is yours, mate. It's right there in the recent book. 10,000 years was a long time for a guy to sit in the dark and grow up a little, like most sentient creatures do with the passage of time. And by the time he's holed up in the Black Temple, he's literally become obsessed with wiping out the Legion at whatever the cost, not because KJ is after him but because he sees what the Legion has done to the universe. It's right there in the book, it's not headcanon, so take it up with Blizzard if you don't like the change from him being a "little whiny angsty butthurt selfish" post-adolescent.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Never underestimate a pissed off woman. Not even Illidan can stop one.
    no shit.I'm always wary of them .

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll just leave this here

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13994...on-of-sargeras

Yes, Purified Vision of Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post

this is a bad omen.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post

this is a bad omen.
    yeah cause a blue item with a demon tracking effect is cause for concern for the story >.>