Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I left my rose-tinted 3D glasses outside the theater... Can I borrow yours?

Quote Originally Posted by mumufu View Post
    Tbh if they are going for a trilogy i had the feeling that a second movie would be about the second war and a third movie would be about Blackmoore/Thrall becoming Warchief. It would be really hard including wc3 storyline imo. Only way is, if they scrap the second war and thralls story withing ONE Movie.
    I'm pretty sure Blizzards high ceiling hopes are for this to be the start of a Warcraft Cinematic Universe. Much like what Marvel is doing, I would expect them to hope for more than just three movies.

Honestly I think Starcraft had more potential for a movie (the original games anyway) I'm hoping it gets one.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I left my rose-tinted 3D glasses outside the theater... Can I borrow yours?
    So people aren't allowed to have opinions unless they align with your hate?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    You didn't read the Novels then I reckon. Personally the Story was weaker than the incredible story told in the books. And in the last Act it goes completly off the rails. Some beats are still in this. Most of them aren't.

I rated it a 7/10 or a 8/10 if I ignored the weaker Lore.

I think some lore changes made Sense. But have to admint that one lore change at the end made no sense to me

You didn't read the Novels then I reckon. Personally the Story was weaker than the incredible story told in the books. And in the last Act it goes completly off the rails. Some beats are still in this. Most of them aren't.
    You didn't answer my question. Will the next movie be the Second War or the First War Part 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Every Warcraft fan I've talked to or seen on twitter etc seem to love it. Sadly the movie is only "successful" if the "professionals" and the general public like it.
    Yeah, too bad really. The critics truly decide the financial success of movies. Whether average Joe's like it doesn't matter. Still gonna go see it because too many legitimate WoW nerds have been buzzing positively about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You didn't answer my question. Will the next movie be the Second War or the First War Part 2?
    First War Part 2, surely not. Second War? Could be, but no hints for that.

make sure to listen to the credits song, it will take you back 10 years
    Be feared, or be fuel

So my message is: for an average movie watcher like i would call me to be one, this film really was entertaining.

As a fan i recommend you all to see the movie in cinemas, not just to see a good movie, also to provide your money for the next movie

Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    also to provide your money for the next movie
    They have more than enough money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Maybe you should actually read what you wrote.

But I can answer your question. The first war is not over. SPOILERS: In WC1 they push them back into the portal and destroy it. This does not happen in the movie. The movie ends pretty much with a huge chunk of the Horde Army still in Azeroth free to loot and ravage the land.

If anyone is interested in a WoW nerd's reaction, here you go:

God fucking damn it. I have to wait till the 10th. Damn it american...and your...donald trump clones...AHHHHH!!!!

Maybe you should actually read what you wrote.

But I can answer your question. The first war is not over. In WC1 they push them back into the portal and destroy it. This does not happen in the movie. The movie ends pretty much with a huge chunk of the Horde Army still in Azeroth free to loot and ravage the land.
    That doesn't sound too much different from the events of the first war. The first was IS over. A Huge Chunk of the Horde army always left in Azeroth. For example, Thrall grew up here. And there's not much difference in the Portal being destroyed. It's just going to get opened again.

People are describing a "surprising" ending. Let me guess from certain trailer shots, Sergeras actually manifests himself in Medivh in the end? For a proper final boss fight? (After his mother killed the Avatar of Sargeras, Sargeras' incorporeal form jumped into Aegwynn, then into Medivh when she gave birth to him. Is that what happens?

What about Llane? Does Garona kill him? I'd say her arc is left unfulfilled if she doesn't.

Deleted
    Well I saw it and am not so impressed, mainly because everyone got the mog either way. So movie... eh? Some retcon which looked great as retcon. But I am too old for it. I played Wc1 when it was current... you cannot give me this to make me feel good. Some nerds who wanted be nerd-kings. Under educated people a hermit like me just looks down at. Wasted money tbh. Hopefully I can use RAF to reroll somewhere and make it good.

Good post man - Im not one of the whiny idiots that hate on the movie just because it holds the Warcraft title.
    Im a Warcraft fan AND im excited abt the movie. Can't wait for sequels that include my favorite characters.
    Glad that it was enjoyable!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You think a movie coming out tomorrow isn't finished yet? What?
    The still part was regarding the question I had about the OP, not the completion of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    This reminds me of the whole flying debacle in WoD for some reason. Everyone complained about flying pre-WoD and how it "killed immersion", then they try to keep Draenor a flightless planet for the entire expansion and then people just went ape shit and protested Blizzard to implement flying. So they did and it appeared that everyone was at the very least neutral about it.

But then, but then, quite literally a week after Blizzard allows people to fly on Draenor, a thread pops up with a guy complaining about flying.

Warcraft fans will never be pleased as a whole, some of us wanted pandas, we got pandas, people complained. People hate flying, then suddenly players miss and desperately need flying on Draenor and then go back to being displeased about it.

I just don't understand sometimes...why are so many Blizz fans so picky and pessimistic (myself included sometimes, I won't put myself on a pedestal)???
    I think in general many players take WoW too seriously, because it's so immersive they want it to fill all their fantasies and make their lives meaningful... when at the end of the day it's just a game. When you remember it's just a game, it gets easier to laugh off the rants here on MMO-C.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm starting to think the movie could be better than we've expected, but I still want to go in with modest expectations. I always enjoy movies more if I don't expect too much going in.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Mark spoilers please.

Come on you didn't expect sequel hook? That's not a spoiler, its actually a surprise that a big budget blockbuster doesn't set up for more movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Yeah, too bad really. The critics truly decide the financial success of movies. Whether average Joe's like it doesn't matter. Still gonna go see it because too many legitimate WoW nerds have been buzzing positively about it.

That's really bad logic, Look how many people took to twitter to "buzz" about how great BatmanVSuperman was. NEVER trust twitter reviews and first impressions. They are always positive.

besides that the movie it really is good I would have wished one more thing:
    a 10 min introduction (sth like a short and fast time jump version of chronicle introduction) to the universe and the whole situation with the burning Legion responsible for draenors destruction. that would have opened the universe and the real bad evil to the whole audience hoping for the real antagonist, sargeras, to show or even to die in future films.

compare it to us wow gamers we always wanted to face sargeras.

for movie watchers and non-Warcraft fans this could have had the same effect to face the real bad evil one day. I think sth like this binds people to a universe even more.

we all know how we meet Sauron fighting legions and in the end his tower(eye) gets destroyed and we're all happy. he was the real evil behind all.