bah. picture didnt post right.

Hell of a game with the Thunder though. Loud city was super mega loud!

Damn, really impressive stuff by OKC. Before the playoffs, all the talk was about Spurs and Warriors walking it.

well damn , its safe to say GS are probably done for this playoffs, wit hthe way OKC kicking their butts , they'll take the series 4-1 or 4-2 at the least

man its like GS completely lost their Offense game against OKC defense , and all those turnovers don't help them .but credit where it goes , OKC are just playing outstanding in this series

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jregz View Post
    Except we're seeing now that it's not applied consistently. Furthermore, just because the NBA fucked up here doesn't mean they should continue to fuck up moving forward.
    Sadly that is my complaint about football as well; punishment for violations are wildly inconsistent and sometimes even seem to be more dependent on who committed the violation, rather than the act itself.

Welp, GSW has to win out the rest of the series to advance and as good as they are, I just don't know if it'll happen. The odds are against them and OKC has been playing lights-out. Too many turnovers today for GSW and yes, Curry played like shit. Klay was the only one who showed up to play, it seems.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    No. Only crazy people. Russell Westbrook is probably the most athletic person in the NBA right now.

Man I don't like Kevin Love. I did before but he seems like he has a negative attitude.
    It was a perfectly reasonable comparison at the time, just because that Derrick is RIP doesn't change that. Derrick used to fly up and down the court just like Russ does, except he didn't have the luxury of having KD on the floor keeping the defense honest.

Quote Originally Posted by shahharsh2010 View Post
    well damn , its safe to say GS are probably done for this playoffs, wit hthe way OKC kicking their butts , they'll take the series 4-1 or 4-2 at the least

man its like GS completely lost their Offense game against OKC defense , and all those turnovers don't help them .but credit where it goes , OKC are just playing outstanding in this series
    I dont think GS offense is really the issue how do u allow over 70 points 2 games in a row by halftime!? Thats just atrocious. You arent gonna win games regardless of how good your offense is playing defense like that.

I also agree at the time Derrick was better than Westbrook. I dont really see how he wasnt. Before he got his big injury Rose scored more, shot better, led them to a better record while being the #1 option all while having less turnovers. Now obviously ya Westbrook is way better, not only cause hes improved but cause Rose fell off the face of the Earth. Still at the time I dont see anything wrong with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    It was a perfectly reasonable comparison at the time, just because that Derrick is RIP doesn't change that. Derrick used to fly up and down the court just like Russ does, except he didn't have the luxury of having KD on the floor keeping the defense honest.
    Yeah Derek Rose was an objectively better player. He was more agile and quick though. Russell Westbrook is physically strong.

Anyway idk why I posted that. DRose was better. Especially at leading a team. Russell Westbrook wasn't bad back then though. It's more like the perception of him was bad. Well, more like KD was the scoring champion like 90 years in a row and everyone was calling him the next best player while Lebron was a villain who everyone laughed at for no rings/teaming up with Heat Big 3, and Russell wanted his time to shine, but everyone just wanted him to pass to KD.

The whole OKC team matured a bit since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I dont think GS offense is really the issue how do u allow over 70 points 2 games in a row by halftime!? Thats just atrocious. You arent gonna win games regardless of how good your offense is playing defense like that.
    I thought you were dead.

- - - Updated - - -

CLE-TOR starts in like 8 mins on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I thought you were dead.
    Didnt follow basketball much at all this season, prob combo of my crazy life recently and the bulls being hot garbage, so couldnt really talk about things I wasnt following.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kevin Love back to knocking down shots. Raptors can't get any offense going.

This is the..third?...Cleveland game I've watched, and I'm a little confused. Lebron seems like all he wants to ever do is do his little no-look pass all the time and nothing else. Seems like every play that's all he does.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think cleveland is a little upset.

---

VERY UPSET
    Last edited by jregz; 2016-05-26 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Maybe a littttttttle bit.

I don't think Steph Curry can really claim to be among the best until he improves his playoffs performances.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    All right Toronto. We got Cleveland right where we want them.

Anytime now.

So these games in Cleveland are beyond unwatchable. I wish we could hit fastforward on the eastern conference playoffs each year

Westbrook has been the god damn straw that stirs the drink for OKC this playoffs. Guy is nuts.

EDIT: https://i.imgur.com/WBds106.jpg

KEK

---

OKC's defence on Curry tonight was nice and physical.

https://i.imgur.com/tPraACl.webm
    Just to note: I went to NBA.com just now and there's an article subtitled "Straw Stirring the Drink" about Westbrook. Thought it was interesting ^

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    lmao

---

At this point, I'm hoping we don't get blown out by 20 again.

I also agree at the time Derrick was better than Westbrook. I dont really see how he wasnt. Before he got his big injury Rose scored more, shot better, led them to a better record while being the #1 option all while having less turnovers. Now obviously ya Westbrook is way better, not only cause hes improved but cause Rose fell off the face of the Earth. Still at the time I dont see anything wrong with that statement.

ah yes, agree with you there , their defense has been terrible this series allowing that many points every game ..

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, this series is going to go 7 because home court clearly matters for both teams. Which is what I figured after game 4, so Cleveland isn't going through this series as easy as they thought. Which means OKC is going to get some rest and come back ready to beat down the Cavs.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    We're getting pink socked again.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    The Cavs lost by what 6 or 8 in game 4, and that was with awful coaching and spotting them 18 points. They could easily win game 6.
    Should have been a lot more had the refs called fouls right. Same goes for most of game 3.

Didnt follow basketball much at all this season
    Neither did I but here I am with highest post count in the thread.

prob combo of my crazy life recently
    Word.

and the bulls being hot garbage
    So were the Knicks and Nets lol.

so couldnt really talk about things I wasnt following.
    Why? Politicians do it all the time.

So these games in Cleveland are beyond unwatchable. I wish we could hit fastforward on the eastern conference playoffs each year
    Can we hit rewind and give the Spurs another chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Whelp, this series is going to go 7 because home court clearly matters for both teams. Which is what I figured after game 4, so Cleveland isn't going through this series as easy as they thought. Which means OKC is going to get some rest and come back ready to beat down the Cavs.
    Finals start in exactly one week from today. Neither team gets that must of a rest advantage even if Cleveland goes to 7. It's negligible.

-----

Tonight 9 PM TNT in Oakland Golden State has to take it one game at a time and accumulate 3 wins in a row or they're out.

Tonight may be last we see of TNT Crew until next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I don't think Steph Curry can really claim to be among the best until he improves his playoffs performances.
    Eh. He won unanimous MVP. No one else did that. Pretty sure Reggie Miller is the best shooter ever (or was) and he never won. I think people will still like Curry.

Would have been pretty great if he won though, but the defense on him is amazing. I saw this one clip and OKC guys are all over him and they're so physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Just to note: I went to NBA.com just now and there's an article subtitled "Straw Stirring the Drink" about Westbrook. Thought it was interesting ^
    I saw that! So funny how perceptions change.

I can only assume Bulls fans get diamond dick hard at the thought of:
    Omg that was so funny jreg lol. I was laughing to myself on the train home yesterday because I saw someone reading a newspaper and the headline was OKC and I remember what you said.