Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    you release when you see the skulls. skulls mean dead. pretty intuitive.
    Assuming the first time you used it, was also properly, in a situation that will even allow a skull to appear above an enemy.

People you're aiming at are already dead
    People you're aiming at ran around a corner.
    They blew you away while it was working
    You were interrupted.
    You interrupted it early not knowing about the skull.

Despite playing him loads I never read his tooltip for the ulti. IIRC it makes no mention of a one shot kill, or increasing damage the longer you hold the aim.
    Doesn't it say something like press Q to activate some form of aim and press Q again to fire.
    His ulti isn't remotely intuitive the first time you use it
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-05-25 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Assuming the first time you used it, was also properly, in a situation that will even allow a skull to appear above an enemy.

You were interrupted.

Despite playing him loads I never read his tooltip for the ulti. IIRC it makes no mention of a one shot kill, or increasing damage the longer you hold the aim.
    Doesn't it say something like press Q to activate some form of aim and press Q again to fire.
    Yeah the tooltip was pretty vague. Didn't adequately describe it at all.

Pretty much all the other abilities in the game are intuitive or simple enough to be explained in the tooltip. McCree's ulti takes getting used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post

You were interrupted.

Focus. Mark. Draw. McCree takes a few precious moments to aim; when he’s ready to fire, he shoots every enemy in his line of sight. The weaker his targets are, the faster he’ll line up a killshot.

You should've read the tooltip. They are here for a reason, and saying that things are not intuitive because you haven't read a tooltip doesn't make a good argument

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah the tooltip was pretty vague. Didn't adequately describe it at all.

Pretty much all the other abilities in the game are intuitive or simple enough to be explained in the tooltip. McCree's ulti takes getting used to.
    Like, Zaryas passive/shield, when you have no clue that it's x2 damage increase from 100 energy, or no clue how much energy you get per point of damage. Or how much damage it absorbs.

Or that D'vas charge does 50 damage "enough damage to kill low health opponents" or something like that says the tooltip, but never mentions "50 damage"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I would like to see actual damage amounts, Blizzard probably wants to keep it simple though. Option for detailed skill tips would be nice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Detailed skill tips would be nice, as long as it doesnt clutter the screen too much, perhaps multiple options to layer certain things each player thinks is needed/not needed. For example I'd quite like the option to see friendly team members health bars on any character.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    The tighter the circle, the more the damage.
    ah.

I hope I will remember that part. would dominate games far more as mccree (he is super easy to play).

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Which bots? A reinhardt shield can block the ult I believe.
    The bots on the test map that just sit there. I can use his ult, and the circle turns into a dot but I can't make him shoot afterwards.

It works like this:

"It's high-" *sniped*
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong, but the less current health target has the faster red skull appears. Full health roadhog with shield+armour will take the longer time to skull to appear (since it's 170 damage per second), but the same roadhog who just got full-charged headshotted twice by Widowmaker will get "high nooned" in a matter of second.
    It's based on the target full health value. When the cursors turn red it just means the shot will do the damage required to kill that target at full health. I think there is also a distance mechanic or diminishing value. IE aiming at a widow at long range isn't going to work out too well.

http://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/mccree.html

Basically for each second of charge it will gain 100hp of damage to each eligible (visible) target.
    Once it reaches sufficient damage on a target for a killshot it will turn into a skull.
    Half the charge is used for the surveying, half it used on the second press to offload it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    The bots on the test map that just sit there. I can use his ult, and the circle turns into a dot but I can't make him shoot afterwards.
    You press the key a second time.
    The first press is surveying your targets, effectively lining up your shots.
    The longer you can do that, the stronger they will be when you fire.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-26 at 02:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Also, you must check if it's High Noon.
    No need to check for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    http://www.furiouspaul.com/overwatch/mccree.html

Basically for each second of charge it will gain 100hp of damage to each eligible (visible) target.
    Once it reaches sufficient damage on a target for a killshot it will turn into a skull.
    Half the charge is used for the surveying, half it used on the second press to offload it.

You press the key a second time.
    The first press is surveying your targets, effectively lining up your shots.
    The longer you can do that, the stronger they will be when you fire.
    Yeah, I've tried hitting fire, Q again ect...

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Focus. Mark. Draw. McCree takes a few precious moments to aim; when he’s ready to fire, he shoots every enemy in his line of sight. The weaker his targets are, the faster he’ll line up a killshot.

You should've read the tooltip. They are here for a reason, and saying that things are not intuitive because you haven't read a tooltip doesn't make a good argument
    And you shouldn't try to be a smart arse jumping on to Wiki, whilst proving it is you who doesn't read tooltips.

Go INTO THE GAME, pick McCree, press F1 and tell me right now what it says.... I'd do it myself for the exact wording, but I'm at work.
    From memory it says pretty much what I said, Press Q to activate, Q or left mouse to fire, right mouse to cancel

....Google FTW

Do you see any of the shit you quoted to prove a point?
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-05-27 at 09:10 PM.