Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Of course I can't, there is a huge difference between north and south of Europe. But I honestly don't believe that Sweden is the supreme realm of cynical trolling.
    Of course not, Finnland got the OG Troll lore.

This is quite a thread. Just assume it's an awful movie. When you see it later this year or next, if it is actually good, consider it a tasty treat.

No use getting bent out of shape for a movie dubbed average by critics. Time is what lots of us have. It's not going to be an epic Tolkien adventure if that is what people are hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Depends on your definition of a 'flop'.
    Obviously a good movie can flop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    The Kotaku review is shit, I mean look at this:
    "The fundamental flaw in Warcraft is the same flaw we find in most video game movies: It takes itself too seriously. These games are set in a world full of in-jokes and surreal humor, one that’s inhabited by a race of giant panda bears because the developers at Blizzard really liked one of their own April Fool’s jokes. Even when the Warcraft games get dark, and they do get dark, they’ve always been adept at having fun with their players. The film does no such thing. If only this movie had the charm of a Warcraft unit who’s been clicked too many times."
    The guy expected a movie filled with jokes and pop refferences and that isn't so serious.
    no, he just expected some charm, like for example how lotr did it, and the warcraft movie completely lacks that.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    So pay them your money first is the only way to handle reviews? I don't "buy" into that. You can read critic reviews and sort out the flavor text and get a decent grasp about most movies and it still not be entirely what the reviewer tried to say. Sure you have outliars like metacritic but you don't have to pay to see a movie just to claim it's not something your going to like, even as a fan or gamer.

Please make your own decision, sort through reviews but don't just throw money at them. If you get that sinking feeling after reading and sorting through reviews, that should tell you something.
    That isn't what I said, you are allowed to look at reviews for assistance, judge if you want to see something or not, but you AREN'T allowed to say something is bad with out experiencing it yourself. It is literally impossible to have a personal opinion on something that you haven't experienced on your own. You could have an idea of what you might think about the film, but you really won't know until you've seen it.

Also taking advice from film critics that you do not personally know or know their personalities probably isn't the best, listening to like-minded people is probably your best choice.

As for spending money on it, it's less money than a single beer at a local bar, I'll live if it isn't good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    no, he just expected some charm, like for example how lotr did it, and the warcraft movie completely lacks that.
    When did you see it?

You are really dedicated to blizz hate, why should I take your biased opinion seriously?
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-05-26 at 01:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Which is weird, I thought that clip between Durotan and Ogrim was charming..

Warcraft has always been a grim and serious story. It is almost like people were/are expecting Goblins wearing red shirts dying all over the place. Or some peon going "You're the king? Well I didn't vote for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Managed to see it at a prescreening in LA. The problem I saw is that the film tries too hard to be a generic fantasy and doesn't really feel like Wow so much as a high spectacle, cliche film using Wow and LotR as loose inspiration. The stiff, B rate actors don't help matters, at least where the humans are concerned. The alliance men are horrendously miscast and the emotional parts fail to connect as a result. That being said, it's a very pretty movie, and at least marginally fun. Not as cringe worthy as, say, Ninja Turtles was.
    its not wow its warcraft.. WoW is after real warcraft lore

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    You know what I meant. Don't be shitty, nobody likes people who whine over semantics.
    semantics matter.. and wow isn't warcraft its extended universe..and its loose for you because you read books its same shit with got tv show and books
    Last edited by Ianus; 2016-05-26 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    semantics matter.. and wow isn't warcraft its extended universe..and its loose for you because you read books its same shit with got tv show and books
    No, in this case they really don't. Get over yourself and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    You already made a mistake by saying WoW is Warcraft extended universe. WoW is the game, and the closest thing you can get to canon as you can get. It's like if you said Episode 1 is extended universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

There is still something else besides extremes. Especially the negative reviews: Those are complete exaggerations of critics who just went in there to bash the movie.

Judging by the amount of reserved seats in my local theater the hype seems to be pretty big. Can't see a real financial flop (at least in europe). Maybe the US market is just hanging on the lips of the critics.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least this movie will be better then Episode 7.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Drahkais View Post
    It's probably going to be pretty mediocre, but Rotten Tomatoes is the last place I would go, even if I were incapable of forming my own opinions.
    Why do people shit on RottenTomatoes? All it does is literally gather up all reviews and post a consensus based on those reviews.

I swear people don't even read what they type before they hit enter!

I'm expecting bad. If it's better than that, I'll be happy. Which in and of itself is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    We have a new drink coming to my area in a month or so, about 3 people have tried it and dont like it. it MUST completly suck and will bomb

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Right now, sitting at a disastrous score in RT. It begs the question to what Blizzard was thinking with this shit again.

What was the point?
    If you base what movies you see based off of Rotten Tomatoes, I have no words....

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    At least this movie will be better then Episode 7.
    Episode 7 Rotten Tomatos: 92%
    Episode 7 Box office gross: 2 billion
    -_-*
    Good luck with that.

I have watched the movie yesterday and all i can say it is a solid one, it is far from perfect but not a 4/10 by any means...

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/Y0e0HkU At least the Danes think it's awesome (it basically says that Warcraft is one of the best fantasy films made).

The favorable audience reviews might help bolster this movie's popularity. Word of mouth goes a long way when it comes to movies.