Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    And he will be earning it.. IN LFR.
    You know what is funny is this guy hated raiding. Why are we all funneled into it. We dont want to do it. Then suddenly.. a carrot..

LFR IS THE BOMB GUYS!! WOOOOHOOOO LFR!! RAIDING!! ITS BACK.

But it is why I love the guy. He will chew on a brick and machine gun post it into the ground and no one will give a single shit about what he has to say.

I hate lfr as much as the next guy, but this was pretty much required with the way they have been designing set bonuses.

I would prefer lfr not getting tier, but if they're going to make set bonuses so OP and required for many specs to be useful, it's needed if you want those people to ever think about jumping up to normal or higher. I know my warrior didn't have T18 4pc when I came back for a month in hellfire, and nobody would bring me to raids because it was so much of a damage boost.

They really just need to stop with the goddamn insane set bonuses like they said they would. Bring back 12% auto attack damage as fire damage and shit. Stuff that was simple and not gamechanging.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2016-05-26 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    I am all for Tier set models for LFR, but they dont need to have the tier bonuses.
    There is no point to having tier gear without the bonuses...transmog can be done later in the expansion. How would having tier gear in LFR hurt a Heroic or Mythic raider? It doesn't...at all. If people use "LFR is Mandatory" as an argument than the same argument can and should be applied to Legendary item farming...and Mythic+ Dungeon gear...and PvP Gear. If you are competitive and have to get any edge you can on the competition, then guess what? Suck it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    You know what is funny is this guy hated raiding. Why are we all funneled into it. We dont want to do it. Then suddenly.. a carrot..

LFR IS THE BOMB GUYS!! WOOOOHOOOO LFR!! RAIDING!! ITS BACK.

But it is why I love the guy. He will chew on a brick and machine gun post it into the ground and no one will give a single shit about what he has to say.
    For clarification are you referring to me or the guy I quoted?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    I am all for Tier set models for LFR, but they dont need to have the tier bonuses.
    I preferred the generic set bonuses like X% increased Strength, Agility, or Intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Now you're wrong, and you know that. I was never even close to top 10, but I know that all it takes for top 50 is 3 weeks of 5 days/week or so, with some days taking 1-2 hrs longer if we were close to a boss.

3 weeks per tier of pretty intense gameplay. WoD will be what, almost 2 years?

Out of these few weeks, I had time to level 3 alts to full Mythic by playing the utterly huge, incomprehensible amount of...

... 2 days/week, 3 hours/evening.

A true 2nd job - 6 hours/week for 3 740+ alts, one of them at 745 cause I focused a bit more on it.

A new alt takes just 4-5 raids to get to 735+.

As for plebs, they are very important.

They also do not need tier
    Yeah.... no

You didn't clear Mythic HFC in 3 weeks, don't even try. You're making baseless claims on something that doesn't affect you whatsoever and I'm starting to doubt your "top 50 worldwide" claim.

yay reasons to play alts at max level again!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I preferred the generic set bonuses like X% increased Strength, Agility, or Intellect.
    They could reduce all tier bonuses to.somethkng on par with what you got from those lfr ones would you prefer that?
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Now you're wrong, and you know that. I was never even close to top 10, but I know that all it takes for top 50 is 3 weeks of 5 days/week or so, with some days taking 1-2 hrs longer if we were close to a boss.

3 weeks per tier of pretty intense gameplay. WoD will be what, almost 2 years?

Out of these few weeks, I had time to level 3 alts to full Mythic by playing the utterly huge, incomprehensible amount of...

... 2 days/week, 3 hours/evening.

A true 2nd job - 6 hours/week for 3 740+ alts, one of them at 745 cause I focused a bit more on it.

A new alt takes just 4-5 raids to get to 735+.

As for plebs, they are very important.

They also do not need tier
    going with everything you said being true, you realize you are not in the majority right? LFR isn't for you so who cares if someone in gets tier gear or not, you can parade around in your mythic gear and be like oh this is just a lowly alt.... while someone is just as happy as you with the game in their LFR tier on their main.

Tier should have stayed in LFR, if they wanted to limited just make it so LFR tier wouldn't complete the set bonuses of Normal+ Hell you should be able to buy Tier via valor or whatever without ever setting foot into a raid imo.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I'm ok with this it gave me a reason to run LFR on alts more.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Paid $15 a month
    I pay it too, does it mean Blizz should give me 25 lvl pet, random mount I don't have, random toy I don't have and random wardrobe appearance once a week because I have a life and won't bother to acquire it otherwise? I would be OK if mythic dungeons drop tier gear from last bosses with 5% chance, it's still casual friendly, but at least would require you to do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    with the other 70% of the "casual" player-base that makes it even possible for you and the rest of us that raid to have a game to run a "top 50" guild in.
    Also, that 70% part is bullshit. Only 19% of players do LFR exclusively. Normal+ participation is two times higher.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2016-05-26 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    There is no point to having tier gear without the bonuses...transmog can be done later in the expansion. How would having tier gear in LFR hurt a Heroic or Mythic raider? It doesn't...at all. If people use "LFR is Mandatory" as an argument than the same argument can and should be applied to Legendary item farming...and Mythic+ Dungeon gear...and PvP Gear. If you are competitive and have to get any edge you can on the competition, then guess what? Suck it up.
    You misunderstood me. I'm not against LFR having the same tier bonus as Normal/Heroic, it was just a compromise for people that like to whine about LFR being mandatory to get full set bonus.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I pay it too, does it mean Blizz should give me 25 lvl pet, random mount I don't have, random toy I don't have and random wardrobe appearance once a week because I have a life and won't bother to acquire it otherwise? I would be OK if mythic dungeons drop tier gear from last bosses with 5% chance, it's still casual friendly, but at least would require you to do something.
    Also, that 70% part is bullshit. Only 19% of players do LFR exclusively. Normal+ participation is two times higher.
    The numbers are super low for WoD because :

1 - The people that mostly quit the game were casuals doing mostly LFR runs
    2 - LFR rewards were pure garbage
    3 - Their character saw barely any progression by tackling higher "LFR" raids because ofd the lack of set bonuses and worthwhile trinkets.

Why do LFR when you get better gear from Tanaan of all places? Or from doing your weekly 8 mythic dungeons? WoD made the mistake to listen to the so called "elite" who cried like babies that LFR players were the scum of the earth and that they didn't deserve any reward whatsoever (as can be seen by the countless threads of people demanding LFR be removed from the game) and that hurt the game way beyond anything else reallu (yes, including the garissons)

They could reduce all tier bonuses to.somethkng on par with what you got from those lfr ones would you prefer that?
    To were the set bonuses became stronger from LFR to Mythic? That could work. However would the set bonuses increase per piece or from the number of pieces you have of the set (two and four for the bonuses)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    To were the set bonuses became stronger from LFR to Mythic? That could work. However would the set bonuses increase per piece or from the number of pieces you have of the set (two and four for the bonuses)?
    It would just be a flat bonus increase of whatever the lfr piece was. So 2 piece on some sets is like 100 int let's say. Noam 2ould be 150, heroic 200, mythic 250. It would of course be boring as shit but the current lfr pieces are kinda boring as shit.
    The hammer comes down:

Perhaps it has something to do with people not playing WoD? You know, millions who left?

10+ Year Old Account
    And he will be earning it.. IN LFR.
    So your cool with say, winning 5 pet battles rewarding a piece of Tier gear?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

If you are going to quote something, quote it all and keep it in context, not just the part you want to comment about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Perhaps it has something to do with people not playing WoD? You know, millions who left?
    lol, no, when SoO introduced Flex, subs went up 600,000. Players like challenge, you are in the minority. Being able to pug raids is amazing.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Haha, tier is not returning to LFR. It would trivialise the changes they have made to mythic dungeons.