Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Haha, tier is not returning to LFR. It would trivialise the changes they have made to mythic dungeons.
    You would think.

- - - Updated - - -

I think every 5 pet battle wins you should get LFR quality tier gear. I mean, I only play the game to do pet battles. But I pay 15 dollars a month, so pet battles should reward tier gear.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    lol, no, when SoO introduced Flex, subs went up 600,000. Players like challenge, you are in the minority. Being able to pug raids is amazing.

Yeah sub went up in MoP last tier due to Flex and not because a new patch with raid tier was added after 5.3 that was like 5 min of questing...Are you guys really this sad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Yeah sub went up in MoP last tier due to Flex and not because a new patch with raid tier was added after 5.3 that was like 5 min of questing...Are you guys really this sad?
    You know what's sad? you pay 15 dollars a month to play a gutted version of the game where you can sit there and spam one spell and clear an entire raid in an afternoon. That's pretty damn sad. Oh, and flex wasn't introduced when SoO launched, it was introduced a bit after in 5.4.2. So... yeah.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your cool with say, winning 5 pet battles rewarding a piece of Tier gear?
    For a number of reasons the two are not comparable. The principle.however I'm okay with. You want to progress your characther through pet battles by all means. Will it be 5? Doubtful but I see nothing with adding characther progression to pet battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    For a number of reasons the two are not comparable. The principle.however I'm okay with. You want to progress your characther through pet battles by all means. Will it be 5? Doubtful but I see nothing with adding characther progression to pet battles.
    No, no, 5 pet battles and I want a piece of loot, I need tier gear to progress further into pet battles. And it has to be tier gear. Because sometimes there's mobs around the legendary pet bosses. 5 battles takes as long as a LFR kill.

You know what's sad? you pay 15 dollars a month to play a gutted version of the game where you can sit there and spam one spell and clear an entire raid in an afternoon. That's pretty damn sad. Oh, and flex wasn't introduced when SoO launched, it was introduced a bit after in 5.4.2. So... yeah.

Flex came right on the heel of SoO. It was already announced pre-launch. Please don't tell me you had some secret data for daily sub gain since it is released per quarter. And yes, I prefer to press one spell and clear entire raid in one afternoon. Ofcourse this must be one long afternoon. Thanks to staggered release, it can take 45-60 days to just see entire raid on LFR. Add 1 hr queue time for every section and we sure are looking at 6-7 hrs of downright fun 2 months after the release of patch!

Mythic guilds will require high mythic + clear for 900+ gear not lfr 875

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Flex came right on the heel of SoO. It was already announced pre-launch. Please don't tell me you had some secret data for daily sub gain since it is released per quarter. And yes, I prefer to press one spell and clear entire raid in one afternoon. Ofcourse this must be one long afternoon. Thanks to staggered release, it can take 45-60 days to just see entire raid on LFR. Add 1 hr queue time for every section and we sure are looking at 6-7 hrs of downright fun 2 months after the release of patch!
    Sooo, then why are you doing LFR and not normal raiding, which takes shorter to form a group, and a shorter amount of time to clear? I guess... you like the game having the mental requirement of a child's game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Mythic guilds will require high mythic + clear for 900+ gear not lfr 875
    A tier item at ilvl 720 is still better than a 740 item currently. Those four pieces are significant. I don't see why if players want fancy ass gear, they can't just wait till next patch and run it with a 30% health and dmg buff. It makes the game last longer. When you give LFR tier gear you just cut down the amount of time it takes to do stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, 5 pet battles and I want a piece of loot, I need tier gear to progress further into pet battles. And it has to be tier gear. Because sometimes there's mobs around the legendary pet bosses. 5 battles takes as long as a LFR kill.

Since it doesn't actually work that way in lfr the comparison you're trying to make is.awful. it may take 5 pet battles to equal one lfr kill but you aren't guaranteed a piece of loot on every kill nor will that look necessarily be tier. Do I really need to point out the extremes you're taking this too?

Awesome, I think I might actually do some LFR, because in WOD LFR was useless

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it doesn't actually work that way in lfr the comparison you're trying to make is.awful. it may take 5 pet battles to equal one lfr kill but you aren't guaranteed a piece of loot on every kill nor will that look necessarily be tier. Do I really need to point out the extremes you're taking this too?
    What extreemes? I want Pet battles to equal LFR, if pet battles can't give me gear at the same level and pace of LFR that's wrong. Cause I pay 15 dollars a month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokenuf View Post
    I have CERO problems with people who can't raid geting their nice tier bonuses. What grinds my gears Is that I'm a mythic level raider who will have to do LFR to complete my set bonuses. I really don't want to do that content, but to stay competitive I'll have to.
    WTF
    In MoP i do not use a single LFR pts for raiding on my main
    The only thing that will force me to go there probably will gona be bloody AP (atleast first 2 months)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Awesome, I think I might actually do some LFR, because in WOD LFR was useless
    Why not try normal raiding? What do you need LFR for? to do tanaan jungle a bit faster?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    WTF
    In MoP i do not use a single LFR pts for raiding on my main
    I remember having to do that. It was annoying. I more hate it cause i like Alts and crap like this and legendary items make alts undoable. Artifacts just make it worse. And god forbid you wanna take a break from the game and come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    What extreemes? I want Pet battles to equal LFR, if pet battles can't give me gear at the same level and pace of LFR that's wrong. Cause I pay 15 dollars a month.
    5 battles granting you tier is ludicrous. That isn't comiss3rate with the rate of acquisition in lfr by a long shot. I'm in favor of pet battles giving you either a chance at loot or a chance at currency to buy loot. Say every 5 pet battles you get a chest with a possibility for valor or tier itself and then valor can be used to buy tier. This is of course a far cry from hey 5 pet battles won give me loot. In truth I'd much rather seem them move toward a currency system tk buy gear. Pet battles would award it, so would raiding, dungeons, world content shit you could fish the coins up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    You really think Normal+ tier is that "interesting"? lol. Only some classes/specs have game changing tier, others are simple boosts, RNG at that too.

You know what makes them interesting and desired? It's not interesting Casuals can barely enchant and gem - much less so making an aura to monitor set procs, it wouldn't benefit them.
    If you can only handle LFR, I highly doubt your ability to handle the rotation change that comes along with tier gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    You really think Normal+ tier is that "interesting"? lol. Only some classes/specs have game changing tier, others are simple boosts, RNG at that too.

You know what makes them interesting and desired? It's not the "interesting" Casuals can barely enchant and gem - much less so making an aura to monitor set procs, it wouldn't benefit them.

It's their power, that's all. People want them cause they can score bigger numbers.

Actually, I kind of want these vaunted sets to be in casual hands.

You know why? To see what they cry for next. Will it be that additional Gul'dan phase? Will they come for higher ilvl? QQ that they are not accepted in pugs even with tier? Fight to remove Cutting Edge/Ahead of the Curve? I remember the QQ for the stupid moose and how pathetically ridiculous it was.

These people, they never stop crying crocodile tears, from vanilla till now, they infected the game slowly and demanded more and more and more and more till they assimilated themselves in each form of content and proceeded to cry endless tears to reshape it to suit their limited time and casual needs.

/puke
    I can't think of a single 2 set bonus that is not less interesting and worthwhile than +100 intellect bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 battles granting you tier is ludicrous. That isn't comiss3rate with the rate of acquisition in lfr by a long shot. I'm in favor of pet battles giving you either a chance at loot or a chance at currency to buy loot. Say every 5 pet battles you get a chest with a possibility for valor or tier itself and then valor can be used to buy tier. This is of course a far cry from hey 5 pet battles won give me loot. In truth I'd much rather seem them move toward a currency system tk buy gear. Pet battles would award it, so would raiding, dungeons, world content shit you could fish the coins up.
    No, 5 pet battle wins, I might lose some. No, A raid boss might take 1 minute to kill, 5 pet battles takes longer than that. I mean, if LFr can have tier, pet battles should also have tier.. Since you know, pet battles are harder than LFR. Have you ever tried a legendary pet battle? I don't want Valor, I want gear, and I want my pet battles to give me gear.

This is the same argument people in this thread are making, but now it's crazy because it's Pet battles.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2016-05-26 at 04:42 AM.

I think its a good thing, let people have their fun in the sun as well. Im a mythic raider, so I have no issues in getting my Mythic Tier set, some people can only raid LFR and enjoy it, so why not allow them the opportunity to get tier sets that make some class mechanics pretty much required. This way they can probably have a chance at applying at a guild that does norm/heroic modes, and theyll be geared enough for the content.

I say its a good move by blizzard. I think its time we all stop being so toxic towards each other, enjoy the aspects of the game that you play and let others have their fun as well.

Sig made by @winter blossoms

10+ Year Old Account
    No, 5 pet battle wins, I might lose some. No, A raid boss might take 1 minute to kill, 5 pet battles takes longer than that. I mean, if LFr can have tier, pet battles should also have tier.. Since you know, pet battles are easier than LFR. Have you ever tried a legendary pet battle? I don't want Valor, I want gear, and I want my pet battles to give me gear.

This is the same argument people in this thread are making, but now it's crazy because it's Pet battles.
    Its actually not the same argument at all and again th3 comparison is extremly poor. Lfr as a while takes much longer than a pet battle, is not guaranteed to give you tier, is not guaranteed to give you loot and only gives you one kick at can every week. You're comparison is ludicrous tk anyone with half a fucking brain.

I'm done btw. It's useless to argue with fools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolbolas View Post
    I think its a good thing, let people have their fun in the sun as well. Im a mythic raider, so I have no issues in getting my Mythic Tier set, some people can only raid LFR and enjoy it, so why not allow them the opportunity to get tier sets that make some class mechanics pretty much required. This way they can probably have a chance at applying at a guild that does norm/heroic modes, and theyll be geared enough for the content.

I say its a good move by blizzard. I think its time we all stop being so toxic towards each other, enjoy the aspects of the game that you play and let others have their fun as well.
    I would love to agree with you, but I feel like Normal pugs through the LFR system already cover that. And people who dont like LFR will be shut out of joining those as a result of this.