Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    It's one of the last places to get honest reviews, and not just IMDB levels of people rating high who never saw the movie?

If I were to pay $15 for a movie, I would want reviews by professionals, not just a public blog review. It's my money. I choose Rotten Tomatoes for advice.
    Then are there a lot of movies that people love that are scored low on Rotten Tomatoes? Boondock Saints isn't a movie that most people would put at 20% for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Then are there a lot of movies that people love that are scored low on Rotten Tomatoes? Boondock Saints isn't a movie that most people would put at 20% for example.
    It was not to my liking. Sorry!

I think the rating of 30% would fit for Boondock Saints. It could have been much better. The direction .. the direction .. ugh!!
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-05-26 at 03:16 AM.

Even though I'm somewhat critical towards the movie: There is still something else besides extremes. Especially the negative reviews: Those are complete exaggerations of critics who just went in there to bash the movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    I dunno, the Assassin's Creed trailer looked genuinely fantastic.
    Seriously? All I took from that was: After 10 years of people complaining about the Animus portion of Ass Crack, Hollywood somehow took that to mean that people actually like Animus, & want more Animus.

Either that, or some idiot decree'd they need to amp up the Animus in order to make sure people understand it's not a periodic piece, but rather a "time travel" piece, because..... (according to Hollywood analysts) Americans don't care about Renaissance Europe?

Or some shit. Fuck if I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Oh yeaah, "critics". Because their words mean much more than countless personal reports that are overwhelmingly positive.
    Also, I'm laughing at people who found the littlest hitch to go forth and speak "I told everyone" like they are some kind of prophets (without even actually seeing the movie). So full of themselves, it would be disgusting if it wasn't so funny.
    Yeah, best to listen to totally unbiased fan opinions than critics, because that's really the best way to judge a movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I never expected it to be good. Maybe decent or sub-par, but some of these reviews are absolutely hilarious.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'll judge when the movie comes out. Anyone who is already hating on this movie just because of this has something wrong with their brain. It's like you want something nice to fail just so you can say "I told you so".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    i think this whole "caring about ratings" is going down that whole SJW path. "why they give bad reviews, mah feelings hurt"
    Wait until the new Ghostbusters movie comes out and every SJW go up in roar over how any critique of that movie hurt their preciouse little feminist feelings
    Already did years ago, Fembusters is just going to bring it to the absolute forefront with yet another Feminazi debacle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Lol, I never expected it to be good. Maybe decent or sub-par, but some of these reviews are absolutely hilarious.
    I thought it was going to be good-ok but yeah the reviews are hilarious, people are crazy.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    It's one of the last places to get honest reviews, and not just IMDB levels of people rating high who never saw the movie?

If I were to pay $15 for a movie, I would want reviews by professionals, not just a public blog review. It's my money. I choose Rotten Tomatoes for advice.
    Even RT is questionable at times. For example; these days critics are so piss-scared of being wrong with Foreign Films, many of them just auto-vote them great, even if they fall asleep 20 minutes in, because "who knows how the audience will react to them!"

10+ Year Old Account
    rotten tomatoes rates all the best movies 2/10 would not bang.

I'm sorry, but if you have to be a complete moron to believe in the opinion of critics who have never played the games and have no knowledge of the lore. Even stupider if you really are a fan of Warcraft.

I have seen it yesterday, it is a solid 7.5/10, all the biased paid off critics can fuck off.

No one should take these reviews seriously. The reviewers are hacks that normally get paid off for a review in either direction. The only who said, "Imagine Battlefield Earth without the verve, or the unintentional comedy." gave Dragonball Z: Evolution a 4/5 for Christssake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    Said critics could also be shills, you're better off not trusting anyone and forming your own opinion.
    critics can be useful. its just distilling a review into a number is stupid. they could say its bad if you know nothing going in. but might encourage you to see it if you are wow fan

plus its very easy to tell when someone is bullshiting or over critical in text

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you have to be a complete moron to believe in the opinion of critics who have never played the games and have no knowledge of the lore. Even stupider if you really are a fan of Warcraft.
    If your movie can only appeal to a hardcore fan base of a video game, you're asking for a major flop.

I feel like if you like the concept of a movie you should go see it and form your own opinion instead of listening to critics.

Like, I read the reviews for Batman vs. Superman and most of them were bad. I saw it and actually enjoyed it, nothing too great, but not nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. I read the reviews for Mad Max and it was such a letdown. How the hell does that movie have a 97% approval rating? I still liked it, but it was just another over the top action flick.

In the end, I'm just butthurt because people get paid to make tumblr blog posts about movies they watch.

But all things said and done, I'm still going into the Warcraft movie with low expectations
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

What kind of fan would give a sh.t about RT or what critics have to say? Ofcourse most trolls on MMOC didn't even bother to read the reviews. They are just too excited over the score. Trust me, if you are fan, you will love the movie. None of the failures of this movies applies to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    Like, I read the reviews for Batman vs. Superman and most of them were bad.
    Were any of the versus movies any good? The only versus movie I went to see in theaters was Freddie vs Jason, free pass to a pre-screen. Never again. Cable or never.

I saw Elf that same night, free pass. I liked that movie, so I'm not a movie hater.

Incidently, Freddie vs Jason had a low review by professional critics, Elf a high one by professional critics.

Warcraft: The game: The movie, has low marks. I'll go by true critics not bloggers, thanks all the same. 4/10 on RT 6/10 elsewhere, thanks, no.

Were any of the versus movies any good? The only versus movie I went to see in theaters was Freddie vs Jason, free pass to a pre-screen. Never again. Cable or never.

I saw Elf that same night, free pass. I liked that movie, so I'm not a movie hater.

Incidently, Freddie vs Jason had a low review by professional critics, Elf a high one by professional critics.

Warcraft: The game: The movie, has low marks. I'll go by true critics not bloggers, thanks all the same. 4/10 on RT 6/10 elsewhere, thanks, no.
    Good point, no versus movie turns out well, remember AvP? Yikes

But to me true critics are just bloggers anyway. They just get paid to have an opinion.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I'm sure the other side would praise Guardian to high heaven if it was a positive review done in equally childish manner.
    You give away your agenda here. The other side? You picked a side? And the side you picked was... wanting the film to be bad so you could trash it? That's a bit sad.

As for my own expectations; I'm a bit disappointed with the reviews because obviously I want a movie I'm going to see to be good. On the other hand I'm fully aware that I'm probably going to enjoy the movie a whole lot more than most critics because of my history with WoW. And I say that as a massive film snob. I don't need to pick a side, it's a movie not a war. I don't need to fight for anything, I just need to see a movie and see what I think.

But I will have to see the movie first.