Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Doesn't he rejoin in Legion though? I thought I heard that, could be wrong.
    Yea after spending years in Undercity getting punished for being a moron
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    first blood elves DK (or high elves DK) are not aligned silvermoon, they are part of the Ebon Blade. they work with the horde by orders of the Ebon Blade. It is very similar to the Illidari.

second if I remember correctly the majority of dark fallen have standard model of undead elf.
    nice pics btw.

but notice there is a different to their models and the forsaken elves. Namely the dark rangers/forsaken elves have RED glowy eyes, and very pale skin, the Darkfallen have blue glowing eyes, and varying skin colourations.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait is there a source on the majority of forsaken being undead elves? I was under the impression most of them were undead Lordaeron humans.
    no, i wasn't talking about the majority of them being forsaken elf instead of humans, i was meaning amongst the elves, the majority of undead elves, forsaken compared to darkfallen.

There isn't technically a physical distinction between "forsaken" elf and darkfallen - they are both undead, except forsaken Elves are allied with Sylvannas and are few, whereas Darkfallen have their own will after the Lich King's demise. The group you fight in ICC were a group of High Elves that had set off to end Arthas and make him pay for his crimes against the Kingdom of Quel'thalas, they were all slaughtered and raised as undead, made to serve the lich king, the royalty amongst them were new kind of evil, called San'layn that appear very vampiric and were amongst the Lich Kings top lieutenants, their leader Queen Lanathel served from her throne in ICC.

if i remember right, i think Rhlor knows that bit better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Yea after spending years in Undercity getting punished for being a moron
    which is why i feel Blood elf DKs though technically high elf, are with Silvermoon when operating alongside the horde, but their first loyalty is the Ebon Blade.

To which the darkfallen and san'layn who are not forsaken aligned I feel will follow suit too, and I think Silvermoon would accept and we'll get a San'layn playable sub-race. Vampiric BElves as WotLK paints them out.

Forsaken elves might be a forsaken sub-race, those are a different company that were the group that were raised with Sylvannas whom she set free. But forsaken have other options like the Unliving, and well if San'layn can be vampires, then the forsaken can have the human equivalent, although they've not appeared yet.

because they use model DK

DK elf= undead elf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    nice pics btw.

but notice there is a different to their models and the forsaken elves. Namely the dark rangers/forsaken elves have RED glowy eyes, and very pale skin, the Darkfallen have blue glowing eyes, and varying skin colourations.

- - - Updated - - -

no, i wasn't talking about the majority of them being forsaken elf instead of humans, i was meaning amongst the elves, the majority of undead elves, forsaken compared to darkfallen.

There isn't technically a physical distinction between "forsaken" elf and darkfallen - they are both undead, except forsaken Elves are allied with Sylvannas and are few, whereas Darkfallen have their own will after the Lich King's demise. The group you fight in ICC were a group of High Elves that had set off to end Arthas and make him pay for his crimes against the Kingdom of Quel'thalas, they were all slaughtered and raised as undead, made to serve the lich king, the royalty amongst them were new kind of evil, called San'layn that appear very vampiric and were amongst the Lich Kings top lieutenants, their leader Queen Lanathel served from her throne in ICC.

- - - Updated - - -

which is why i feel Blood elf DKs though technically high elf, are with Silvermoon when operating alongside the horde, but their first loyalty is the Ebon Blade.

To which the darkfallen and san'layn who are not forsaken aligned I feel will follow suit too, and I think Silvermoon would accept and we'll get a San'layn playable sub-race. Vampiric BElves as WotLK paints them out.

Forsaken elves might be a forsaken sub-race, those are a different company that were the group that were raised with Sylvannas whom she set free. But forsaken have other options like the Unliving, and well if San'layn can be vampires, then the forsaken can have the human equivalent, although they've not appeared yet.
    blood elves have a thematic light now. evil cannibals is not something they accept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ94YHL9J1Q

nice pics btw.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Ah okay, I misunderstood what you were saying about the majority of undead elves.

I'm not sure that blood elf DKs are technically high elves though are they? I was under the impression that player DKs had fallen rather recently in general, though I could be wrong, I'm not sure what the flavor text is for the blood elf DK. The majority of undead elves in general though would have been high elves given that most of their population didn't live to become blood elves in the first place.

because they use model DK

DK elf= undead elf

blood elves have a thematic light now. evil cannibals is not something they accept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ94YHL9J1Q
    That could be true, but it could not too since Blood elves are not quite high elves yet, there's still some darkness there even though they're more light than dark
    This is why I want High elves back on the horde as a sub-race , cos they make this distinction much clearer

Undead in WoW do work for the Light too you know, some forsaken are in Argent Dawn, and the priests can use light magic
    The acceptance amongst the blood elves is not whether you're alive or undead, it's not even whether you're good or bad, it's whether you're loyal to them or not.
    Undead or vampiric elves will matter a lot more to high elves than blood elves,
    if they were ever on the same faction, I can see high elves banning undead elves in general from their part of the city

- - - Updated - - -

Ah okay, I misunderstood what you were saying about the majority of undead elves.

I'm not sure that blood elf DKs are technically high elves though are they? I was under the impression that player DKs had fallen rather recently in general, though I could be wrong, I'm not sure what the flavor text is for the blood elf DK. The majority of undead elves in general though would have been high elves given that most of their population didn't live to become blood elves in the first place.
    oh yeah, you might have a point there, it's the forsaken elves that are high elves, but Arthas was still around when they became blood elves, plenty of timet o make new undead elves - hence darkfallen and San'layn could in theory have more blood elven members than high elven, the distinction would be irrelevant to them under his control. And once outside, there is no way high elves will consider these

Darkfallen - the Kren-dorei
    Fel Elves - the Fel-dorei

Under the banner of the Sin'dorei

That could be true, but it could not too since Blood elves are not quite high elves yet, there's still some darkness there even though they're more light than dark
    This is why I want High elves back on the horde as a sub-race , cos they make this distinction much clearer

Undead in WoW do work for the Light too you know, some forsaken are in Argent Dawn, and the priests can use light magic
    The acceptance amongst the blood elves is not whether you're alive or undead, it's not even whether you're good or bad, it's whether you're loyal to them or not.
    Undead or vampiric elves will matter a lot more to high elves than blood elves,
    if they were ever on the same faction, I can see high elves banning undead elves in general from their part of the city

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, you might have a point there, it's the forsaken elves that are high elves, but Arthas was still around when they became blood elves, plenty of timet o make new undead elves - hence darkfallen and San'layn could in theory have more blood elven members than high elven, the distinction would be irrelevant to them under his control. And once outside, there is no way high elves will consider these

Darkfallen - the Kren-dorei
    Fel Elves - the Fel-dorei

Under the banner of the Sin'dorei
    I know several blood elves were raised after ILlidan's failed attack on Icecrown. That's how the fire mage artifact got there for one I think. There's no shortage of undead blood elves i would think, I think just statistically the conquest of Quel'thelas would provide more opportunity for undead elves overall than anything wiht the relativley few blood elves left after.

Honestly don't want High Elves.

Really, the only alternative I would have preferred was having Blood Elves and Night Elves switch factional places. Then the Alliance would have the elves it originally had in WC3 and it would be more interesting since they'd be a darker subversion of stereotypical Tolkien elves while also having a strenuous relationship with the Humans and Dwarves due to past interactions during the Third War. Whereas Night Elves would have likely maintained their savagery being placed as members of the Horde instead of being discount High Elves like they currently are in the Alliance.

Of course the ship has already sailed on that one, it would have been better if this was decided before an MMO was ever conceived.

I don't see a compelling reason why Lor'themar would reject those groups but still reconcile with the remaining Sunblades after the civil war. Not like he really has room to judge the Felblood since his ass should be stapled to the wall right next to them (along with Rommath's) and he already let DKs in, so what's a few vampires?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    Honestly don't want High Elves.

Really, the only alternative I would have preferred was having Blood Elves and Night Elves switch factional places. Then the Alliance would have the elves it originally had in WC3 and it would be more interesting since they'd be a darker subversion of stereotypical Tolkien elves while also having a strenuous relationship with the Humans and Dwarves due to past interactions during the Third War. Whereas Night Elves would have likely maintained their savagery being placed as members of the Horde instead of being discount High Elves like they currently are in the Alliance.

Of course the ship has already sailed on that one, it would have been better if this was decided before an MMO was ever conceived.
    Problem with this is that Blizzard brought the subversion of the typical Tolkien elves to it's logical conclusion and had them side with the Orcs. You seem to believe it would have been better if they had gone so far, but no futher, just to maintain the old line up.

Warcraft is not Lord of the Rings. Inspired by in parts? Yes. But it most definitely isn't the same universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Not like he really has room to judge the Felblood since his ass should be stapled to the wall right next to them
    I don't know, I think is slightly disingenuous to drop Lor'themar and the Felbloods in the same hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a compelling reason why Lor'themar would reject those groups but still reconcile with the remaining Sunblades after the civil war. Not like he really has room to judge the Felblood since his ass should be stapled to the wall right next to them (along with Rommath's) and he already let DKs in, so what's a few vampires?
    Can't tell if serious trying to put lor'themar and fel bloods in same boat.....
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Kael's number two guy? Are you kidding me? He didn't get to be Regent Lord by general election, he was appointed. He knew exactly what he was doing.

You know, as opposed to poor enscorcelled Bolvar who gets blamed for every single solitary thing Onyxia did to undermine the Alliance in general and Stormwind in particular. Probably including the horribly botched diplomacy in Quel'thalas.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Kael's number two guy? Are you kidding me? He didn't get to be Regent Lord by general election, he was appointed. He knew exactly what he was doing.
    Are you serious? Kael'thas was the freaking prince, everyone in Quel'Thalas respected the guy, everyone. He was the successor of Anasterian and chose the highest remaining rank of the Farstriders (Lor'themar) as Regent Lord, to lead the freshly renamed Blood Elves for the time being.

How that is supposed to make Lor'themar a "partner-in-crime" of Kael'thas is beyond me.

You know, as opposed to poor enscorcelled Bolvar who gets blamed for every single solitary thing Onyxia did to undermine the Alliance in general and Stormwind in particular. Probably including the horribly botched diplomacy in Quel'thalas.
    Unlikely, considered how Onyxia was good as dealt with by the time of TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    We have High Elves in the Horde, they just renamed themselves to Blood Elf to honour their fallen brethren.
    And in the process turned their back on their allies and kicked out their own people for not thinking like them. Not really a good thing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    And in the process turned their back on their allies and kicked out their own people for not thinking like them. Not really a good thing!
    Oh this again. The people who got kicked out were fucking crazy, causing so much issues that he needed to kick them out. Turning their backs on allies? Garithos and the kirin tor sitting on their asses, combined with the alliance sending sabateours, and spies into Quel'thalas forced them to go horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Onyxia wasnt influencing stormwind by the time of burning crusade.... every one loved kaelthas, everyone. Not even his real right hand man and best friend, Rommath, realized the prince was going evil, then again no one had contact with the prince either. So yea. Your entire point makes no sense. That's like saying varian is evil because he was friends with kid arthas
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    the path of the blood elves is being allies of the draenei. the army of light that belongs alleria is composed of draenei !! the path of the blood elves is fed from a source of holy light and lady Liadrin is a friend of the Prophet Velen.

auric sunchaser was the leader of Allerian Stronghold is the high elf representative Isle of queldanas and speaks of the union between the all children of silvermoon, in queldanas there are plenty of high elves.

the actual blood elves could be called light elves
    Well... the BE have a good relationship with the Draenei mainly cause they helped a lot in the fight of Sunwell Plateau and they even cleansed the Sunwell, reason why the BE allow the HE on the Sunwell

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't he rejoin in Legion though? I thought I heard that, could be wrong.
    Yes, he does, after what he does in Cata, he gets imprisioned and the Ebon Blade brake him out of jail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Their allies? who? the Alliance? but they were going to execute more of the Elves forces (including their prince) just because an asshole commander said so, and i guess everyone agreed with him cause they were put on Kirin Tor's jail...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... the BE have a good relationship with the Draenei mainly cause they helped a lot in the fight of Sunwell Plateau and they even cleansed the Sunwell, reason why the BE allow the HE on the Sunwell
    That was before the Horde-Alliance war in Mists of Pandaria...relations with the Draenei are bound to have soured. We also have no idea if High Elves are still allowed into the Sunwell either...the purge probably pissed a lot of Blood Elves off and it wouldn't surprise me if, in the aftermath, the High Elves were completely forbidden from returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    That was before the Horde-Alliance war in Mists of Pandaria...relations with the Draenei are bound to have soured. We also have no idea if High Elves are still allowed into the Sunwell either...the purge probably pissed a lot of Blood Elves off and it wouldn't surprise me if, in the aftermath, the High Elves were completely forbidden from returning.
    The Draenei and the Alliance were not involved in the purging of BE's in Dalaran. The Alliance and BE's were planning peace talks at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    The Draenei and the Alliance were not involved in the purging of BE's in Dalaran. The Alliance and BE's were planning peace talks at the time.
    So the British shouldn't have had a grudge against the Hungarians in the second world war even though they were allied with the Germans? The Friend of my enemy is my enemy.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2016-05-27 at 04:01 PM.